As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Faster

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2013 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Faster

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• shark jacobsshark jacobs Registered User regular
    I think one of my favourite parts of CW is the reactions and expressions.
    Katie's definitely showing off her cartooning chops compared to a lot of webcomics out there.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    I'm really happy you said that, thank you! I feel like drawing expressions and how characters react to things is the most fun part when drawing comics. :]

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am really enthused with this comic and I will certainly be following it. Definitely liked the alternative medicine comic best so far - those whacky expressions were the best.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    Heehee.

I'm so happy that Weedonwantcha is finally here.

Katie, have you thought about adding mouseover text to your comics? So many of my favourite comics have hidden jokes in the alt-text that I naturally check every new comic I read for the Easter egg,

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • jkeyjkey Registered User regular
    Awesome linework and colour palette. I loved you on Strip Search. It's only been a handful of strips and I can already tell greatness awaits; there's so much you can do with the concept and characters, can't wait to see the rest!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I definitely agree with the first poster, the expressions are just fantastic. It's also one of the things I enjoy most in Skadi as well.

• HuMaNTooLHuMaNTooL Registered User regular
    This made me laugh out loud, keep up the amazing work!

• MekkaBMekkaB Registered User regular
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

/<snert>

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Okay, where did this comic come from the last one? Are these in order or am I missing a bunch?

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I just noticed Mike's newspost on CW from yesterday. It is amusing.
    A little while after Katie moved to Seattle and started working in the PA office we all went to lunch. The waitress recognized us and Jerry asked if she watched Strip Search. She said yes and then Jerry introduced Katie as the winner of the show. The waitress frowned. “I just started watching it.” she said.

So I apologize if I’m spoiling the show for anyone but come on it’s super old at this point. Katie Rice did in fact win the ultimate prize. She’s been working in the PA office for a few months now and it’s been awesome having her here. She’s done a couple PA presents projects in that time but she’s also been working on Camp Weedonwantcha. This was the strip she submitted at the end of the series to win the competition.

Well it officially launched on Monday and you can start reading it right now over on the official site. Katie is an incredibly talented cartoonist and I’m excited to see what she does with Camp Weedontwatcha. Go over and bookmark it right now!

I especially like how he said Katie won "the ultimate prize" because it makes me think of Highlander and I imagine Katie chopping off all the other strippers' heads and collecting their Quickening.

Gaslight on
  • triggertrigger Registered User regular
    metfansc wrote: »
    Okay, where did this comic come from the last one? Are these in order or am I missing a bunch?

I could be wrong, but I don't think Katie is intending for each strip to continue the story of the previous one. I think that she is, generally, intending for them to be one-offs. I'm sure at some point we'll get story lines, but right now it seems like a gag-a-day sort of situation, and that's kind of what I'd expect with a newer strip.

• lentilstewlentilstew Registered User new member
    I like the little diseasoid in the front of the canoe.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    trigger wrote: »
    metfansc wrote: »

I could be wrong, but I don't think Katie is intending for each strip to continue the story of the previous one. I think that she is, generally, intending for them to be one-offs. I'm sure at some point we'll get story lines, but right now it seems like a gag-a-day sort of situation, and that's kind of what I'd expect with a newer strip.

Yep, trigger is right...I do have quite a few longer storylines planned, but between them will be one-offs. :]

• RedCrow7RedCrow7 Registered User regular
    lentilstew wrote: »
    I like the little diseasoid in the front of the canoe.

I think that's one of the feral cats.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    What is up with the format for the automated postings? It's so small you can't read it without going to the comic on the website (which can't really accurately be described as the "full story"), and what exactly is 19.99?

Good comic though.

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Agree about the great facial expressions and body language. My two faves from Stripsearch are Katie and Abby and both are masterful at nailing physical comedy in comic form.

• Friend of TomFriend of Tom Registered User new member
    What a fun comic! I love the designs and I look forward to your development of the major characters. Cheers!

• Justin138Justin138 HartsvilleRegistered User regular
    So Awesome. I hope to meet you at a con one day and get all the prints i can carry.