As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Insomnia - Nature's Troll

AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened OptimistThe Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
I go to bed at midnight, I can usually get 6 hours of sleep.

I go to bed at 11PM, and my body is up at 2-2:30 AM.

Doesn't matter that I have work tomorrow, oh no. Instead, my brain decides to run at a million miles an hour, thinking about work related shit, thinking about how much my back aches due to my bed (I'm sure that isn't helping), thinking about long-term prospects in the future.. Hell, even thinking about how to put a positive spin on this.

Naturally, after an hour or more laying in bed thinking about how much it sucks to be awake and trying to will myself to sleep, I instead decide to get up, sit down in front of a bright white forum, and see if anyone else is sharing in my misery. Or, in the case of the larger part of the world, working or something.

So.. Hi! What's everyone up to?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nothin, just got out of the shower and I'm fuckin around on the computer. I was going to go to bed but ended up fooling around and now I'm super tired because I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night. And yet I still kind of want to stay up because tomorrow is my one day off this week and I want to be awake for as much of it as possible, even if I don't do shit.

Also thinking about nanowrimo and wondering what I'll write about

JtgVX0H.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    try reading book instead of computer

broken image link
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Hypnagogia

Also one time Nuka accidentally lightly elbowed me in the mouth in her sleep and I didn't care because she's way too adorable.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    try reading book instead of computer

It's humorous you recommend this, as every time I've tried to sit down and read a book in the last couple years I've fallen asleep. I think I'm going to give that a shot.

NaNoWriMo scares me.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Me too, I've never written anything longer than a few paragraphs in high-school over a decade ago. Never had an interest in writing either but I've entered into (and failed) Nanowrimo the past two or three years.

I might ask my mom if she'd like to enter, she's written a book and is currently writing another one or two and she might think this sounds cool.

JtgVX0H.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been awake for the last hour or two because fuck this cold.

BLM - ACAB
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I've averaged about 4-5 hours of sleep per night due to work fucking with my sleep schedule and a broken tooth giving me terrible pains!

I'm actually pretty sure my brain is slowly turning to mush

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Relevant at this point:

http://youtu.be/pwNMvUXTgDY

... Why the hell was there an ad for Totinos "Bold?"

Because YouTube has ads sometimes.

BLM - ACAB
    I should've been more specific.

Why is there a Totinos Bold?

... To their credit, the ad didn't look like it was aimed at kids, but rather a different snack-loving group.

NOW AVAILABLE IN NEW EXTRA BOLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBr5l4S63Q

BLM - ACAB
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fatal familial insomnia

Perhaps the scariest illness ever.

YL9WnCY.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have loads of trouble getting to sleep and unlike apparently my entire family I am a super light sleeper.

So there are times where I simply cannot get any sleep despite my best efforts

Its not fun. I also have a weird sleep cycle I wake up about ten times a night for various reasons ( Lately choking so I think I have sleep apnea) so thats not great

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Yup. That's my life right now.

I've been up since 1 or 2 am from this damn cold and I finally just went to walgreens and grabbed some sheared for now and some NyQuil for going to bed tomorrow. Also, some of those cool touch Kleenex because they are basically magic.

And on the way home I hit jack in the box for one of those late night munchie meals and got the one with the brunch burger and it was so good.

Gonna maybe try to get to sleep for an hour now before my alarm goes off at 5:30

BLM - ACAB
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    RvPYBGO.png

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    oh

oh

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm rolling on about 3 hours of sleep right now myself

That's entirely on me for staying up all night playing AC4 though

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Still awake. I've just been playing GTA online, burning people into the ground that try to grief.

I wish I could've at least played games. Instead, I watched Achievement Hunter videos.

Well, as long as I'm not 100% dead by the end of the day (hah!), I should have some stress lifted off me. So maybe it'll get better...

I just fear tonight. I'll probably fall asleep by 7, wake up at 2-3, and the cycle will begin again.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Well I stay up to obscene hours reading these here forums and playing the pokemons.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah you guys keep some crazy hours. It is getting late here in Japan! And you guys are still up.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I used to wake up several times in the night, be impossible to get back to sleep most nights, and feel exhausted most days.
    Till I got a cat who would sleep on me.
    Now? I sleep wayyyyyy too much.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I went to bed at 11pm and got up at 5:30am.

I am now at work.

Yeah. Replace that with 11pm and 2am and that's my situation.

My legs feel funny and tingly.

On the flip side, what's the longest you've ever slept? I think I'm at around 12 hours, and that was the first night back in my own bed after a week at sea

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    On the flip side, what's the longest you've ever slept? I think I'm at around 12 hours, and that was the first night back in my own bed after a week at sea

16 hours, and that was after 3 days of 4 hours of sleep because my friend was in town

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    12 hours is about my record yeah. I stayed up hella late playing Crystal Chronicles one night with my friends, finally pulled out the fluffy incredibly warm comforter I'd been mailed, and the next thing I knew it was dinner time.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I think once in college I slept around 20 hours. I was feeling reeeealy sick the day before and just crashed out like hell.

BLM - ACAB
  • wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Not counting the freaky ability to sleep away days of my life in college, probably 10 hours. Maybe 12, with a cold a few years back.

Day-to-day I live on about 5 hours per night. That number keeps getting less and less as I get older. I'm hoping it stops at some point, because though the extra time would be nifty, I'm guessing I would be tired/dead.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think once in college I slept around 20 hours. I was feeling reeeealy sick the day before probably because of the empty tranquilizer dart dangling out of my jugular and just crashed out like hell.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i got a five hour nap yesterday and then about 8 hours of sleep?

pretty good for me

but today & tomorrow i'll only get 4 hours of sleep so...it evens out

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I think the longest I've slept is about 14 hours.

It's a weird feeling to go to sleep in the morning when it's dark out, then wake up and think it's still morning when it's actually night.

There had been a power surge or something and all the clocks in my house were flashing 12:00. I was freaking out.

What time is it? WHAT DAY IS THIS?

RT800 on
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I slept about 17-18 hours after a LAN party in my mid-teens. At that point, it feels like you're waking up from being dead: what time is it, where you are or how you got there

thenews.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    About 32 hours. I was coming pff tge tail end of a flu. Woke up ate like two calzones and half a pizza and was healed.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Are you sure you didn't actually succumb to that flu

I think the most I've ever slept at a go was 12 hours and thirst woke me up

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My band played a 5 day festival a few years back where the only accommodation option was camping.

We got up there the night before it started and then had 3 nights of shows in a row, then one night off, then another show.

So in those first 3 nights I was drinking, eating weird food, smoking a little weed and playing lots of music and even though I tried, I couldn't get any sleep because the place was full of damn loud hippies.

After our third show finished at 1am, I told my band I was driving back home for our night off because I needed sleep. I left right then, completely paranoid I was going to fall asleep during the 2ish hour drive home so I blasted music and drove slow and careful. I got home at 4am and collapsed into my bed asleep.

I slept solidly until 6pm that night. 14 hours. I got up, talked to my family, had a shower and some food and relaxed for a while then went back to bed at 10.
    I slept solidly until 8 the next morning, at which point I got in my car and drove back to the festival ready to play.

So my record is 24 hours sleep in a 28 hour period.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I only woke up about 4 times last night. pretty good for me. going to bed at 10:30 and waking up before 5:00 is pretty common, even though I don't have to get up until 7.