As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ASSCREED] Rogue and Unity Out Now, For Better or Worse

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'd love it if that were true. AC3 didn't do justice to the colonial America setting, so I wouldn't mind another (better) stab at it.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    is it just me or does pre-revolution north america sound like the most insanely boring setting for an assassin's creed game ever

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    is it just me or does pre-revolution north america sound like the most insanely boring setting for an assassin's creed game ever

Man if they give me more Indian tribes, I'll be happier than the proverbial clam, I tell you what

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for meeting up with Haytham or young Connor!

The article says Haytham and Adewale will appear

Fingers crossed for better reading skills; I somehow managed to miss that the first time.

Since we'll be playing as a Templar this time, and it's during the same time frame, it would be interesting to be part of Team Charles Lee when he burns down Kanatahséton.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    When I grabbed Black Flag, it was for 360. When I got my fancy new PC, I ditched my 360. This left me sans Black Flag. A sad place to be.

But then on a whim I checked eBay, and was able to buy a download code that originally came with NVidia cards. Said code cost me $10.

I am no longer Black Flag-less. It is a much preferable state of affairs.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Halley's Comet passed over Earth on 13 March 1759...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Edmond Halley also made advancements in diving bell technology...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Hot diggity damn does this look pretty on PC

I was in a scuffle, and fired off a pistol shot at a dude. Big ol' puff of smoke results. Edward steps through the smoke to stab a dude, and cuts a silhouette through the cloud. The rest of the cloud curls into the vacuum, sucked into Edward's wake before dissipating.

It was one of the coolest, prettiest things I've seen in a game in years, and it was just a part of some random fight I ended up in because I got spotted on a rooftop

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hot diggity damn does this look pretty on PC

I was in a scuffle, and fired off a pistol shot at a dude. Big ol' puff of smoke results. Edward steps through the smoke to stab a dude, and cuts a silhouette through the cloud. The rest of the cloud curls into the vacuum, sucked into Edward's wake before dissipating.

It was one of the coolest, prettiest things I've seen in a game in years, and it was just a part of some random fight I ended up in because I got spotted on a rooftop

Yeah, that's why I always buy AC games on PC.

They just look so much better.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I knew it would look a bit better, sure

I didn't realize it would look fucking incredible

I'm still getting used to fancy PC gaming I guess

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I wonder how much better it looks than the PS4 version

I noticed that there's smoke EVERYWHERE in the ship fights, especially when boarding

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah the PS4 version is pretty pretty as it is.

Don't the PC versions of AC games have some crazy system requirements, or was that just a problem with AC3?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah the PS4 version is pretty pretty as it is.

Don't the PC versions of AC games have some crazy system requirements, or was that just a problem with AC3?

While Ubisoft doesn't create the most optimized PC ports, they only have crazy requirements if you want to turn everything up to max.

They'll still look much better than the current-gen versions on moderately powerful PCs.

Like, I still have a Core i3 processor and a GTX 560 (which is getting kind of long-in-the-tooth for a midrange GPU these days), and both AC3 and 4 look quite obviously better than their PS3 counterparts.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    uh oh
    Uploading to the Initiates Database in all available languages…

REPORT BEGINS
    Rebecca came aboard the ship to perform maintenance on our computer systems. She helped install them, after all, before she left for Montreal and we went to Japan. Everything seemed fine until, she called us all together to make a rather startling announcement:

“Someone on your ship is a spy,” she said, “I found a series of coded messages being sent to something called ‘The Initiates Database.' They've been sent pretty regularly over the past couple of years. Ring any bells?”

“What the hell is an Initiate?” asked Gavin.

I'm going to have to lay low for a bit, but the bugs I've planted around the bunker should automatically relay everything they pick up to the Database.

I think your humble spy might be in trouble here.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I went back into AC4 to dick around and collect some things and listen to more shanties and I saw that there was another DLC pack with like, three new islands containing a couple of outfits and some weapon sets

So now I can dress like Francis Drake or Stede Bonnet!

Also I started a new game of AC3 recently and I still like it a lot, though the early Connor sequences are boring as shit

• Options
    I never finished AC3, but I liked it a lot more than the general consensus

Probably because I didn't finish it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I never finished AC3, but I liked it a lot more than the general consensus

Probably because I didn't finish it

It means you didn't have to deal with that last chase pre-patch

Good god that was infuriating

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I knew it would look a bit better, sure

I didn't realize it would look fucking incredible

I'm still getting used to fancy PC gaming I guess

AC4 was one of the first games I played on my fancy PC. It looks pretty outstanding. Tomb Raider looks great too. Not such a good game unfortunately.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    in the new watch dogs trailer...

RGCQ03R.jpg

half life 3 confirmed

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Huh, the Initiates storyline just introduced (I think introduced - I'm relatively new to the story) a transman character.

I know it's the expanded-universe fiction and all, but it's still pretty baller for a AAA studio to let a flagship series have a character like that in its world. It'd be even more baller if he showed up in a game, but I still think it's pretty neat.

Shame the writer is, like, really bad at dialect, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wasn't there some confused gender identity stuff in AC4, in some of the logs?

• Options
    It was a man playing through the memories of a female ancestor I think

• Options
    eric cooper is indeed one of the candidates for the humble spy, since I'm pretty sure he has not been mentioned in the third person before

to that end, his dialect may be affected

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It was a man playing through the memories of a female ancestor I think

Playing through Aveline's memories, specifically.

That was also my favorite audio log in the whole game.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ubisoft is quickly rocketing up the ranks of "Hullis' favorite big developers"

• Options
    This modern-day free running sequence in AC3 still kinda makes me wish we could see what a fully present-set game would be like

• Options
    probably something like the original version of splinter cell conviction, which I wouldn't mind seeing revived

but the core of this series is historical settings, I wouldn't want a game in modern day

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    you know I'm thinking this spy may not even be a human, but one of them artificial intelligences

reading over the initiates archives they do not appear to have ever directly interacted with anyone

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    you know I'm thinking this spy may not even be a human, but one of them artificial intelligences

reading over the initiates archives they do not appear to have ever directly interacted with anyone

Huh, I like that theory a lot

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    in the new watch dogs trailer...

RGCQ03R.jpg

half life 3 confirmed

Does that mean that they don't share a universe? Or did Abstergo's games share the Assassin's Creed title?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Assassin's Creed 4 you were researching for the follow-up to Abstergo Studios' first release, Assassin's Creed: Liberation

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Black Bart was one of the most interesting characters in Black Flag.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Black Bart was one of the most interesting characters in Black Flag.

It was actually fairly historical accurate, too!

For example, the dude was one of the only pirates who never drank rum. He drank tea instead.

• Options
    RVu0wAj.jpg

that Digital Trips logo looks familiar...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Watch Dogs and Abstergo shared the same universe right

...I feel like this question was asked already.

By me.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh hey the train station name is accurate

Except THE RED LINE ISN'T AT CLARK/LAKE AND IT ISN'T ELEVATED, UBISOFT

YOU GET OFF THE GREEN LINE AT CLARK/LAKE AND GO TO THE SUBWAY STATION AROUND THE CORNER THAT'S JUST LAKE, UBISOFT

for some reason the train system is what i'm going ding watch dogs on most heavily, accuracy-wise

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I want the Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs universes to be tangentially related so much.

• Options
    The watch dogs launch trailer says Aiden Pearce saw something he wasn't supposed to see
    If the thing that Aiden Pearce saw that he wasn't supposed to see was not Juno herself, I'm guessing it's going to be a similar conceit of the ctOS accidentally creating an evil AI

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    If the Watch Dogs guy turns out to be

AC 4 spoiler
    Bartholowew Roberts

i will buy the hell out of the game. Otherwise, I may get it down the line some time

This discussion has been closed.