As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ASSCREED] Rogue and Unity Out Now, For Better or Worse

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I saw a (potentially accidentally listed as Buy Now) ebay posting for Watch_Dogs at $20, so I got that shit on pre-order for so cheap

All's I'm saying is, I'm going to be thrilled unto bits if ACInitiates undergoes "routine maintenance" on the 26th of May

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    AC4 Chicago-related spoiler
    Olivier Garneau disappears during a business trip to Chicago. That can't possibly be a coincidence.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If Watch Dogs is somehow tied to Assassin's Creed, well

I couldn't be happier with that outcome

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If Watch Dogs is somehow tied to Assassin's Creed, well

I couldn't be happier with that outcome
    It already is, the ctOS thing from Watch Dogs is directly referenced in AC IV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    9zihZjL.jpg

final sword in ac1, aka the old syrian sword

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I always thought it was ridiculous that that sword showed up in AC2, but was actually worse than Altair's first sword

Way to break canon, Ubisoft

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i just wish the protagonist in watch dogs didn't look like a goof

and it is really, really hard to tell how much of that game will be a cool modern sandbox thing, and how much of it will be scripted set pieces in corridors

• Options
    mk9Eu2p.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yes

YES!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I uh...I think it won't be anything more than that sorta stuff. Remember how Far Cry had some Abstergo stuff in it, too.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A friend of mine is on vacation and keeps posting all these pictures from Istanbul and I want to comment and be like, yeah, I remember scaling that tower and jumping off the top into a hay bale

• Options
    Oh yeah I totally parachuted down into the Halic, it's not really a big deal

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That hay bale over there?

It's more dead bodies than hay now.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I really love that both ubisoft's portrayal of the city is that accurate and that a lot of those old landmarks are still around

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LizardsLizards Registered User new member
    I saw the [Black Flag] and was looking forward to a riveting discussion on the most overrated hardcore punk band ever, but no, this is about a game i got it for free and still didn't play

aywkww7utke5.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Last night I decided to try and sneak onto one of the pirate hunter frigates without being detected at all. It's surprisingly hard, there's crewmen facing every which way all around the ship.

Also didn't help that I jumped off my boat the second they appeared on the horizon, so I had to swim for like five minutes before I got there. Still, very satisfying to murder everyone and leave the ship an empty useless husk as you sail away.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Last night I decided to try and sneak onto one of the pirate hunter frigates without being detected at all. It's surprisingly hard, there's crewmen facing every which way all around the ship.

Also didn't help that I jumped off my boat the second they appeared on the horizon, so I had to swim for like five minutes before I got there. Still, very satisfying to murder everyone and leave the ship an empty useless husk as you sail away.

you can even still go through the full boarding cutscene after doing this and just immediately take it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Lizards wrote: »
    I saw the [Black Flag] and was looking forward to a riveting discussion on the most overrated hardcore punk band ever, but no, this is about a game i got it for free and still didn't play

hey, Henry Rollins is the shit and i'll hear nothing to the contrary

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    That hay bale over there?

It's more dead bodies than hay now.

This well here? Do not drink any water from it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    I had actually been to Venice a couple of years before playing AC2 and the city looks, like, basically exactly the same
    It was bonkers

• Options
    leaked pre-order bonus that gives a better look at arnaud and who I assume to be antoine lavoisier

By85IoO.jpg

and if you want to see what happened to olivier garneau in chicago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NrwFBNowXo

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    little bit of art trickling out

JuChLxg.jpg
    zwvlwWz.png

hidden crossbow??

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Welp, all my money. All of it. ALL OF IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCEdSKMkdU

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Shouldn't the Bastille troops be wearing white uniforms

• Options
    Wonder how much of a time frame it's gonna cover - that trailer seems very early Revolution, Bastille and all that, but one of the gameplay trailers took place during the Reign of Terror.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So Robespierre is gonna be, like, King Templar in this, you think?

• Options
    the twist is the Templars actually had nothing to do with this

• Options
    It won't happen but it'd be so cool if Ratonhnhaké:ton shows up as Maestro of the French Brotherhood. All hey guys what's up 20 years ago I did this too, you know.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    the twist is the Templars actually had nothing to do with this

I'd love this

• Options
    Like AC3, there'll probably be Templars on every side of this thing - I'm sure some of the big nobles before the revolution will be targets, and probably Robespierre and many of the Reign of Terror peeps as well.

Shit, maybe it turns out Napoleon was a templar and the main characters basically fuck up by letting him come to power. That could be interesting.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Like AC3, there'll probably be Templars on every side of this thing - I'm sure some of the big nobles before the revolution will be targets, and probably Robespierre and many of the Reign of Terror peeps as well.

Shit, maybe it turns out Napoleon was a templar and the main characters basically fuck up by letting him come to power. That could be interesting.

it has been established that Napoleon had a piece of eden, so that doesn't seem too far fetched.

• Options
    The POE are all over the place, and basically anyone important in history had one at some time or another. George Washington had an Apple, after all.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That trailer excited me. It suggests either a huge co-op thing beyond the wolfpack thing, or it suggests the much more familiar brotherhood AC3 attempted, with that brotherhood being composed of characters rather than cutouts. I want a big co-op campaign in one of these games, like the Splinter Cell games had going on like 10 years ago.

I also really want the whole assassin templar thing to actually have very little to do with the french revolution. Both sides could attempt to influence it, but make a mess of it and then Napoleon comes to power.

And I want Connor and Aveline to show up

• Options
    Napoleon is just some Corsican guy who is really good at wars, he was using the Piece of Eden as a paperweight

You bust up in the King Templars' office in Stockholm or whatever and he's just all "France? we thought you guys were doing that!"

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Actually, have they ever established if the Illuminati were Templars?

Because the French Revolution was the first big event widely claimed to be an Illuminati plot, after the historical Bavarian Illuminati were disbanded in the 1780s

that'd be an interesting 3rd party to liven up the Assassin-Templar dynamic

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So...

Watch Dogs and Black Flag spoilers
    Deadsec are totally Assassins, huh?

They hire you to kill Olivier and are a secret organization opposed to the guys trying to spy on/control everyone.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Stuff from the AC Initiates feed:

The dude is already confirmed as Adewale's grandson, and the lady appears to be the Russian assassin from the most recent Initiates storyline.

Wonder if this is teasing Comet, finally, or if it's just teasing further Initiates content. I really hope the former, because I'll be bummed if "Black dude and Russian lady parallel narrative" is restricted to what's essentially a (well-executed) marketing ARG

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If Comet exists, and that seems like a huge if, there's no way it's coming this year

I can't imagine them teasing it this early

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I just can't see Ubisoft introducing a black assassin with ties to another player character and a Russian lady assassin and not having them be playable somewhere after their recent PR fiasco

They're kinda dumb sometimes but not that dumb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    it is very real and it is most definitely coming this year, this fiscal year at worst

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.