As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

now THIS is homestuck

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    July 17

2009: No update.

2010: 20 pages. Terezi contacts the Doc, who is momentarily baffled by how she was able to do so, but then figures out that Sollux traced his messages. He then says that "White Text Guy" is not his name, but that Terezi can call him "Mr. Vanilla Milkshake" due to a habit she will form in the near future. After puzzling over whether or not Aradia is dead, Terezi asks if the Doc wonders how Vriska has come close to beating him lately. He admits that this does perplex him. She tells him that Vriska is cheating, because "SH3 4LW4YS CH34TS 1F SH3 C4N F1ND 4 W4Y" and that Vriska told her about her "advantage". Terezi takes a quick moment to message Vriska, thinking about how "it will take no skilled manipulator to orchestrate her downfall". After not getting any satisfactory answers from her, Terezi announces she will kill her. Vriska is incredulous, but Terezi challenges her to "CONSULT W1TH YOUR L1TTL3 4DV4NT4G3". Vriska doesn't want to, but does anyway, because hey, addiction is a powerful thing. Her advantage is a MAGIC CUE BALL. She holds the ball in a mirror image of what we've seen before. The ball still lacks a portal with which to view its precise and specific predictions. This is, however, not a problem for one with VISION EIGHTFOLD. Vriska uses her customized lenses to read the ball's prediction for whether she should be worried about Terezi's threat. The answer: "YES". Terezi tells the Doc about his missing orb. He is not pleased:
    shehaswhat.gif
    Vriska asks the ball how it will happen. The prediction comes in: "I WILL EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE". In a green explosion, the ball explodes right in front of her left eye and blows her arm off. Back in the present, Equius retrieves Aurthour from the rubble below, while Vriska sees that her lusus is still dying. Vriska hopes that her luck is "good" enough to put her out of her misery. She rolls the FLUORITE OCTET. We wait in suspense the last die comes up with an 8, summoning the GUILLOTINE DE LA MARQUISE. It is, indeed, a giant guillotine, which appears and slices the lusus's head clean off, and also covers Vriska in a flood of cobalt blue blood. In addition, the ruckus below causes another avalanche, sending Equius's hive right toward her. At the last second it is transported into the Medium.

2011: 3 pages.
    Top left: Nannasprite opens the Serious Business app in her son's PDA. On it is a series of messages from FEDORAFREAK, who has apparently entered the Medium somehow and is using the alchemization devices to experiment replacing his missing garments (though he does briefly remark that he cannot use the device to bring back "departed family members"). Apparently he did not consider trying to alchemize water or food, as he says he just used the last of "carefully rationed urine". He comes back later saying his "tall pant" did not work as a defensive device against an imp and is badly injured. He rests himself on a "horizontal stone slab exhibiting unidentified iconography", which is when Nannasprite messages him. Since she's signed in as "pipefan413", she clarifies that she is not John's Dad, and that as she's looking for him and John has gone off adventuring, she's looking for someone to talk to, about a "young sister and brother who were raised by a wicked witch". fedorafreak welcomes the story as he lay dying. In the clouds above her, we see young Nanna and Grandpa reading a copy of COLONEL SASSACRE'S, as well as a BETTY CROCKER logo. Nanna recounts her tale, the beginnings of which we've seen before. Nanna goes on, saying that the Baronness told her that her and Grandpa were not, in fact, brother and sister, but destined to marry and bear the children that would save the world, an outcome the Baronness was striving to avoid until the day she mysteriously disappeared. Grandpa inherited the baking empire, and Nanna used the chance to get out of the whole thing. Having already moved on, she settled for a simple life of practical japery with a normal guy and had a normal family. But what might have been, especially if she could have figured out a way to reveal the most shocking truth: "the baroness was not human! :B"

2012: 8 pages. Sawtooth and Squarewave are stationed near Dirk and Roxy's alchemiters, while the kids all gather around Jake's. Jake's item is similair to Jade's, in that it's an object hanging from a tree, but instead of a dog it's appears to be a uu doll. Sawtooth enters the Medium, and the "northwest" planet is shown on the diagram. Squarewave enters, and revealing the "southeastern" planet. The kids then enter, bringing the remains of Jake's house with them. The volcano on Jake's island stays put.

2013: No update.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Aaaaand the payoff in the final panel. Guess that was obvious it was gonna happen though.
    idgi

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Aaaaand the payoff in the final panel. Guess that was obvious it was gonna happen though.
    idgi

He lost his horn.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It makes me happy that he lost his horn in something silly rather than some major event.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It makes me happy that he lost his horn in something silly rather than some major event.

Minor story for a minor character

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Harsh.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Even his death was just a vehicle for a crude joke.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    3c37dc1a25edec1688a1e36815015808ddea8a59.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I had a feeling that Doc Scratch would be one of those characters that would sound a bit off if someone else was writing him.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 18

2010: 1 page. Vriska contacts Aradia to figure out what her deal is. Vriska is angry because this means that she can no longer deliver Aradia's present, but Aradia says it had to go this way because Vriska would have otherwise been killed. Vriska accuses her of scheming to no avail. Vriska seems geniuinely angry: "It had to go the way we said it would. I was going to give you the present I convinced him to m8ke for you. Me! It wo8ldn't have got m8de if not f8r me! And then you could have a 8ody again and everyth8ng would 8e fine. Then we could go 8ack to 8eing friends again." Aradia doubts whether they were ever really friends, but none of it matters anyway, and it turns out that Vriska isn't even on the blue team. Vriska suspects this is Aradia's revenge, but Aradia says that Vriska was always supposed to be on the red team and that she'll believe her later, when she wakes up. Aradia says that she doesn't really care either way, which infuriates Vriska even more, threatening to tear her heart out and beat on it with her "sup8r strong ro8ot arm" and that "I only regret killing you cause it m8de you so 8ORING!!!!!!!!" Finally, Vriska admits she doesn't want to be on the red team because they all think she's a jerk, but Aradia assures her that they need her and that, in the end, the teams are meaningless anyway. "What? Why would that 8e consol8tion? It's more vague spooky nonsense!"

2011: 15 pages.
    Top right: As CD escapes, he radios Jack with the latest news. He has the wallet, which Jack doesn't care about, and still doesn't have the thing Jack does care about (the White Queen's Ring), and is now somehow missing The Tumor. CD also informs him the "friendly enemies" are still alive on the battleship. None of this has to do with CD's actual mission, which was to kill Jade, and CD gets an earful over the radio. Jack teleports away from John and Rose's bodies, and we cut back to the battleship, where WV? realizes that he is now missing the wallet, but is relieved when he realizes he still has the Ring. Just then, Jack appears on a tower forward of the bridge. In a burst of green energy, Jack explodes the ship into three large pieces.

2012: No update.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Now I'm remembering that part of recording these podcasts is

Editing them

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Still think Damara is awesome.

Know I am alone.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Damara is awesome.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I think i'm gonna end up with some leftover audio after the next episode and won't have enough to round things out, and i want the intermission to be isolated, so people should post questions they want me to ask mike to fill time

i've already asked him about his predictions for the future and his OTP

• Options
    edited July 2014
    fuck

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    double fuck

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ask him his favorite and least favorite parts of the comic

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ask him what he imagines hussie smells like

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    The answer is obvious

Hussie smells like Olive Garden

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

success

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

pJs33zI.png

broken image link
  • Options

Know I am alone.
    You can always take solace in knowing that your pet troll is at least better than Cronus.

...unless that troll is Cronus but then you have bad taste.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

Know I am alone.
    You can always take solace in knowing that your pet troll is at least better than Cronus.

...unless that troll is Cronus but then you have bad taste.

Steps to follow if your pet troll is Cronus

1) Lie down and wait to die

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my signed SBAHJ book has become a conversation piece lately

good coffee table reading

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2014

Listening to the beginning and the music track is almost drowning out your voices

edit: actually by 2.37 when the flute comes in it's a real struggle.

double edit: gonna assume that's intentional to entertain us while you guys dither about where you're up to, since it dies down after that - but I think I'd either cut that bit or dial it down because I kind of worried it was gonna be like that the whole way and nearly stopped listening.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Today in Homestuck
    July 19

2009: 1 page, 1 flash: [ S] Rose: Youth roll right out the front door. Rose attempts to go out the front door, but is blocked by MOM, which can mean only one thing: STRIFE!
    7/19/2009 Page 2288
    [ S] Rose: Youth roll right out the front door.
    Audio: "Aggrieve" by Mark Hadley
    ROSE attempts to roll right to to the door, but is stopped by her MOM, which means it's time for some STRIFE. Rose has 4 options: AGGRIEVE, AGGRESS (PASSIVE), ABJURE, and ABSTAIN.
    AGGRIEVE causes Rose to execute a flying attack with her NEEDLES, however Mom sustains minimal damage thanks to her BLOTTO-PARRY.
    AGGRESS (PASSIVE) causes Rose fake like her first attack, but pull back at the last second and attempt into a nearby electrical socket for an EMPTY SUICIDE THREAT (since the electricity is out).
    ABJURE causes MOM to use her IRONIC INDULGENCE GUARDIAN RUBRIC to present Rose with A BEAUTIFUL PONY.
    ABSTAIN causes MOM to use her IRONIC NEGLIGENCE GUARDIAN RUBRIC to try to get Rose to try her MARTINI, which Rose blocks with her AUTO-PERRIER counter.

2010: 7 pages. "everything y0u say s0unds strange" Equius's hive has been transported to the LAND OF CAVES AND SILENCE, along with Aurthoursprite. He messages Aradia to let her know what the new deal is: that he will be the sole leader of the blue team. She's 0k okay with it, as is her wont. The conversation quickly goes off the rails as Equius reads too much in her apparent submissiveness, which is about when she reveals that the server player actively manipulates the client's environment. He gets so flustered at the apparent role subversion that he actually cusses ("Where the fuck are all my fresh towels") and remarks that he wants to break something, as it helps him "rela%". She says she likes to break things too, and so throws his ablution trap right through his wall. He says that's wonderful but insists she call it a "bath tub", as that is its proper name (which she says "s0unds ridicul0us"). He tells her to do it again. She asks if that's an order, to which he says he's not sure: "Maybe I don't want to order you to. Maybe I want... You to do whatever things that you want to do". Aradia is, suffice it to say, confused: "y0u are s0 weird and this is c0ming fr0m a gh0st". Equius goes further off the deep end with some stuff about role playing, but remarks that he will quickly proceed through his realm and deliver her new body. After some more vile, depraved thoughts, Aradia finally asks him to just deliver the robot already. He STRONGJUMPS up to his first gate and proceeds to RUIN some monsters, and then makes his way to his second gate.

2011: 2 pages.
    Bottom left: Karkat messages Jade, upon which she asks for a password. He does an extremely thorough self-evisceration, which apparently is his take on the actual password: "IF I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH, THEN WHY DON'T I HATEMARRY MYSELF?" Their conversation continues as Jade enters a portal just outside of Echnida's lair on LOFAF. Karkat thinks that the password system is, as one might guess, ridiculous and is trying to figure out why Jade is talking to her denizen again. Many of the previous themes from Alternate Dead John and Vriska's conversation on denizens are repeated - namely, that if they'd gotten to know them instead of killing them straight off, things may've gone better for the trolls. Jade is also apparently talking to Kanaya about denizens and frog breeding, which raises Karkat's ire about stuff being from the future being "spoiled", but Jade points out that she only cares about stuff from her future. Karkat says he has stuff to do, what with Gamzee having apparently wandered off and his team falling apart, but Jade says that Kanaya is about to open up a memo for all three of them.

Today in Homestuck
    July 20

2009: 3 pages. Her STRIFE quota satisfied, Mom returns to her ironic housework. Rose goes back to the back door, but first stops to give MAPLEHOOF a begrudging pat on the snout anyway. Then an all-caps voice yells at John to turn around, but John is engrossed in reading his copy of DATA STRUCTURES FOR ASSHOLES. Clip art drawings appear to be illustrating what Dave meant by "weaponizing" one's sylladex.

2010: 10 pages. Equius STRONGFALLS to Aradia's partially rebuilt hive. He presents the soulbot to her and asks if she has a clean towel anywhere. Aradia enters the soulbot. He asks how it feels. She says it feels "different", to which he asks if she feels any... "stirring sensations". "0H MY G0D WHAT DID Y0U D0!" she exclaims, as she realizes that he programmed the robot to have feelings for him. She levitates him in the air and he admits that there's a chip in her heart: "Is that not ok". It apparently isn't: "GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT GET IT 0UT". She plunges her hand in and rips her new heart right out of her chest, smearing blue blood everywhere as she p0unds pounds the organ to a bloody pulp, much to Equius's dismay. She then sets upon him, smacking him repeatedly in the face, grabs him by his shirt, and then... ROBOSMOOCH.
    02293.gif

2011: No update.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Guys

Robosmooch was four years ago

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I had to look up who Cronus is...

I thought he was not-Equious but he's not-Eridan.

What else have I forgotten?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Homestuck was never real

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Hey guys

Still alive

Still haven't got together with my friend to do the catchup

Right now he's in like Amsterdam or something

... I MIGHT start considering doing it by myself

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Guys

Robosmooch was four years ago

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tynic wrote: »

Listening to the beginning and the music track is almost drowning out your voices

edit: actually by 2.37 when the flute comes in it's a real struggle.

double edit: gonna assume that's intentional to entertain us while you guys dither about where you're up to, since it dies down after that - but I think I'd either cut that bit or dial it down because I kind of worried it was gonna be like that the whole way and nearly stopped listening.

I don't know when you listened to it, but when I first uploaded it I had a big fuck up where I had left in a song at the beginning that I forgot I had put into the file. I removed it pretty quick but you might've caught me before I fixed it

Just in case though I'll go back and listen to the fixed version to see if it's still overbearing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Was listening about when I posted that, so I guess about 5-6 hours after you uploaded?

• Options
    Welllll shit then I'll have to take a look

Definitely didn't drown us out on purpose

Always good when GLORIOUS REVIVALS are hampered by technical issues

• Options
    Alright

SHOULD be good now

• Options
    433dec29868c5b436f70a0c4e19eba079d7048bd.png

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    This story is going places, and I like where it's going.

• Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 21

2010: No update.

2011: No update.

• Options
    We should make today a holiday.