As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

:: SECRET SAINTS :: Sign Ups Close Nov 26

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    Wow, dat turkey dinner. That is amazing.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hey uuuuh @Metalbourne tracking says your stuff was delivered yesterday morning...

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Hey uuuuh @Metalbourne tracking says your stuff was delivered yesterday morning...

We got it! We decided to spring it on the kids Christmas morning.

It all looks beautiful!

• Options
    Oh good!

That means that the USPS has successfully delivered all of my gifts YET AGAIN

Unlike SOME POSTAL CARRIERS

Lookin' at you Canada Post

• Options
    My partner and I are really impressed by that woven rainbow thing. It is an amazing piece of workwomanship

• Options
    Thanks! I was set on it because you said rainbows, but I wasn't 100% on it after I'd finished it, thought maybe it'd work better in pastels. But then everyone on Tumblr liked it so I just assumed I was wrong ;)

• Options
    For those who can't take the suspense, I made these three for Metal's girls:

tumblr_mwxwki2sQX1roc5r3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwyf3tCjeG1roc5r3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mxxo75HSdG1roc5r3o1_500.jpg

• Options
    @sheri
    The kids love them, thank you so much. No pictures though, sorry.

• Options
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Okay it's after christmas and I'm a nervous goose. @M.D. and @Moriveth / @Janson, was everything okay? Did the kids like their stuff?

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    So I have to say, Rowan won't stop playing with his toys haha.

First the sword, whenever anyone tries to watch anything he is pressing the button running around with it, if it's not the sword he's playing with his Jake toys and the cars at the same time which is weird to me but makes sense in little kid land.

When he opened the gift with the coloring book, he grabbed it and went wow. I found that funny.

My mom absolutely loved all the clothing, she was super happy and excited about it and he's already wearing it now. I want to say thank you so much guys for making his Christmas awesome. My mom and I hope to have a better financial situation next Christmas so we can both give back and help others like you've done for us. Also my mom is still planning on sending everyone a thank you card as well.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I actually have a bunch of photos of him opening gifts so i'll post them a bit later once I upload them.

You all are super great. <3<3<3

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yes, Anya loved her car and the clothes are wonderful! Also, we looove the print and the tickets to the aquarium will be put to good use for sure.

Anya likes to scoot along in the car (we have to put her in it because she hasn't mastered that skill yet) and go "Beep beep!"

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, my work schedule has been insane. We also need to take pictures!

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Okay, I feel better now. I was particularly worried about the tickets because I didn't really secure the envelope to anything and I've spent all week wondering if they blew away or something because I have odd insecurities.

• Options
    So this year was a great Christmas.

Mystery Jeff, thanks for the Ico/shadow of the colossus set and the sweet knife

@sheri I had to break up a fight between my kids because of your knitting. Next year knit me a ps4 plz?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Karrde1842 I thought you might want to see!

Got myself an END TABLE and a DESK like a REAL PERSON

Suck it, cardboard boxes!

cWIvXj7.jpg

eq35QM3.jpg

Now to hide my wires and also find a place for all those Korean textbooks

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I think my harpy of a former landlord/roommate might have stolen my mail. Or just plain trashed it.

• Options
    I think my harpy of a former landlord/roommate might have stolen my mail. Or just plain trashed it.

I'm not really expecting much from someone who took away a woman's only sweater before kicking her out into the street.

• Options
    edited December 2013

By golly I will make you another one if I have to >:|

Sheri on
  • Options
    @sheri I had to break up a fight between my kids because of your knitting. Next year knit me a ps4 plz?

I'm not sure I can figure out the stitches for the wiring!

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    @JoeUser is such a great person!

I thought I'd dreamt my mam throwing packages at me while I was alseep but when I woke up there they were! Joe got me a new gaming mouse for my computer which is a really great gift cause mine was starting to break and he also got me the first volume of Chi's Sweet Home which is a manga about an adorable cat.

Waking up to this was great cause I spent all day yesterday in bed sick and feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks Joe <3

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Yay, you're very welcome! :)

• Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    I am more than a bit remiss in posting, but since one of Santa's elves brought me the flu/crud/etc. for Christmas, I hope I can be forgiven. Lurking hasn't been a problem, but having the energy and clarity of thought to post? Not so much.

Anyway, one of Santa's boxier auxiliary sleighs (a/k/a a UPS van) pulled up on Christmas Eve to deliver a package for me. The timing was perfect as I had something to put under the tree!
    be3n.jpg

When I opened it the next morning, I found a small slow cooker than I had been wanting. It's the perfect size for smaller amounts and the temperature settings will let me easily make oatmeal overnight.
    yjtq.jpg

This was the same kind person who gifted me with a novella earlier this month, but I still don't have a forum name. At any rate, they know who they are and I just wanted to thank them again. The timing was perfect and made my Christmas much brighter. :D

In a related Saints matter, I wanted to let @sheri know that I might have "lost" the Pooh she gave me. I am apparently not the only one who finds him to be cute and cuddly.
    [video]

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So, @passionatelovie, has a box arrived at your door?

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Hey guys sorry for the late post but here's the presents I got from @JoeUser and @IronKnuckle's! Thank you so much for them <3:)

5oxemw.jpg

ibf0o6.jpg

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    So, @passionatelovie, has a box arrived at your door?

Yes it did! Thank you :D<3 Sorry for the late post! :s

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yay!

• Options
    Pictures, its from my crappy iphone as I couldn't find where my actual camera is. How I misplaced it I have no idea, but my step dad took photos and I have to get those form him whenever he's not too busy.

The unwrapping (not pictured was when he unwrapped clothing cause he looked at it like what is this, but my mom loved it all)
    2xcm.jpg

m9ml.jpg

gj9j.jpg

7i6d.jpg

2t2k.jpg

6t4g.jpg

iu27.jpg

r4hh.jpg

5ttz.jpg

And his haul
    fhj0.jpg

ocs7.jpg

Thanks everyone <3<3<3 You made his Christmas awesome! :)
    j74p.jpg

• Options
    Oh Whoops I forgot to do the whole @Sheri @Denada @JoeUser

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Whoa hey sweet Jakey sword!

Your son is ADORABLE.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Haha thanks, but he's my little brother, and yea he's adorable.

While he is young enough to be my own kid, i'm not ready for that, my parents were a little nuts having another kid

• Options
    Whoops sorry! #awkwardest

That's what I get for not readin' things real good

Anyway he's SUPER CUTE, how old is he?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    (also it tells you how old I am cause all my friends are poppin' out babies)

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Haha well i'm 28 so I know what you mean, when I take him anywhere everyone thinks he's mine.

He's turning 3 on January 14th.

M.D. on
  • Options
    I thought so! About the age. Just I mean, in the sense that his toys and his looks seemed about on par for my classroom.

Fuck it, open mouth, insert foot.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So @Joeuser sent me some cool stuff that I need to post pictures of

first week of school, so my schedule has been icky (I have to get up at 5:30am three days out of the week, ugh)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I've been expecting some packages from Amazon, so I checked outside on my way downstairs to do laundry. I had a package! But it was from a Secret Saint!
    11863024266_4c441de2b4_c.jpg
    Playing the role of pets are the x-mas metal slime and a metal bubble slime.

11862482243_972212c094_c.jpg
    Inside the package was clothes! Which I need and am very grateful for, plus a mini LED flashlight, and a Nook!?! Which is why it's taken a bit for me to post this, as I get caught up playing with new technology.

I think I know who this "late saint" is, but I'll let them reveal themselves if they see fit. Thank you!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    So today we got a package from 'late saint' addressed to 'forum baby'

In it was another set of Hot Wheels cars and a buuunch of brand-new clothes! Thank you, whoever you are, that's super generous! I especially like that the clothes are a bit older so Anya will grow into them. Also some of those clothes are adoooorable

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Maybe they were calling you the forum baby

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    That's also possible, though in that case the clothes are maybe a bit too small for me.

• Options
    Just think of the kid outfit in the first Dead Rising

actually, don't

I made myself wince by picturing it

Miss me? Find me on: