As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Club Nintendo: R.I.P. 2008-2015

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I am probably in the minority, but I think those coasters are probably the best thing Club Nintendo has put out.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Nintendo of Europe continues to outclass every other branch of Nintendo.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Nintendo of Europe continues to outclass every other branch of Nintendo.
    But, Nintendo of Japan got those first. :P

Also, wonder when NoA will ship the calendars.

homogenized on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Are we SURE that Club Nintendo is closing down for everybody? Maybe it was just the Americas because Europe seems to just keep getting awesome stuff.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

God damn it, I just spent my remaining stars on Monday. This wasn't on the list of items to be added to CN they published a couple of months ago.

Gonna need to eBay this I guess.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    When does the Nintendo Club reboot?

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    When they finally stop continuing the Club Nintendo Europe prize patrol.

Edit: I'm not bitter :C

Venture Industry on
    3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    When they finally stop continuing the Club Nintendo Europe prize patrol.

Edit: I'm not bitter :C

I am. I would have loved that stuff. Any of that stuff. The trophies, the cup coasters, the Kirby blanket, the ending credits CD, literally any of that I would spend points on.

• Options
    Wonder if they're going remove/replace the three tracks from games that weren't released outside Japan.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    See, Nintendo needs to just start using their STORE. Stop offering these things for stars/points/coins and let people buy them! They've already got retail presence in NYC, and a store online for hardware. It's not a difficult leap.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    See, Nintendo needs to just start using their STORE. Stop offering these things for stars/points/coins and let people buy them! They've already got retail presence in NYC, and a store online for hardware. It's not a difficult leap.

Online anything traditionally is a difficult leap for Nintendo.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Online anything traditionally is a difficult leap for Nintendo.

Granted, and if they didn't already offer an online shop for the hardware I would agree. This would simply be adding more items to the database. Though I'm sure it is more than just that.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    My 2016 calendar arrived today. Happy that it uses the same artwork from the JP 2015 calendar. Now I'm wondering if the JP 2016 one is different.

homogenized on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

That's a great idea. So here's what we'll do. Every time you buy stuff at the Nintendo Store, you earn special "Red Coins" on your loyalty rewards card. When you get 8 of them, you can exchange them for loyalty stars. Loyalty stars allow you to bid on super limited edition merch (like soundtracks and trophies and figures) online, so hopefully the website will hold up. Of course, to retain the value of these items, they won't be sold in the store ever. That's what you wanted, right?

• Options

When its part of a customer rewards program, I get it. Its supposed to be exclusive! Its kind of cool! Yeah!

When NOA doesn't even offer it as part of the customer rewards program (not that I have any coins left anyway), that is when I become agitated. I want my darn Mario Kart / Mario 3D World Soundtracks!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Look, I just want to go onto iTunes or Amazon or something and buy lossless downloads of the entire soundtrack to games. For everything. I don't get why I can't already, it should be practically free money when half these games already have sound tests in them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I guess the memorial coin came and went without me noticing. Dammit! :<

HEY EU NERDS, we got a week left of Club Nintendo, and the coin was apparently the last thing ever. If you were waiting/saving, now's the time to spend em. Think my last thing is gonna be that Kirby blanket. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    And we have still heard NOTHING about the fabled replacement system.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Taramoor wrote: »

I was actually looking forward to them revealing it at e3, but then it never happened. I do suspect we would have heard something by now though if not for Iwata's death. Nintendo has been nearly silent since, just springing new things on us without warning.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options

My guess is they're waiting until next year to launch it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

I honestly hope they just bring back the digital deluxe promotion as a more permanent thing.

Almost all of my WiiU purchases are digital now, I would very much like 10% back.

• Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular

Yeah. It's probably tied to the NX very closely, so talking about one lets the cat out of the bag with the other. I bet we don't get an official announcement until E3, in a "Here's the NX, and it uses this new account system, which is also our Club Nintendo system" kind of thing.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options

Yeah. It's probably tied to the NX very closely, so talking about one lets the cat out of the bag with the other. I bet we don't get an official announcement until E3, in a "Here's the NX, and it uses this new account system, which is also our Club Nintendo system" kind of thing.

Just makes me wish they didn't shut down Club Nintendo until next year instead, you know?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!

What the shit? I thought Club Nintendo was closed and here I find that Eurofolk are getting all kinds of awesome stuff.

That Kirby blanket is awesome. :(

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!

What the shit? I thought Club Nintendo was closed and here I find that Eurofolk are getting all kinds of awesome stuff.

That Kirby blanket is awesome. :(

To be fair, it's closed now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    It's 65 bucks on ebay. Uuuuugh. lol.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I could not give a shit about Miitomo if I was paid to. I'm curious where this new customer loyalty program is headed, though. I hope it's handled better than Club Nintendo was, though. Well, in America anyways.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My NNID is the stuff I log onto the eshop or WIIu with?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    My NNID is the stuff I log onto the eshop or WIIu with?

To log on to the eshop on Wii U and 3DS, yes.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting! Well I've linked my NNID and preregistered so we'll see I guess.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm in too but have zero interest in Miitomo.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Miitomo could be fun, but at the moment the most promising looking feature is Mii AR photos with a non-shit camera for a change.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm excited they are trying something new, and I hope it'll be Tomodachi-esque

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    just do it to reserve your ID in the new system
    who gives a shit about miitomo or whatever the fuck I already forget what it's called

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    just do it to reserve your ID in the new system
    who gives a shit about miitomo or whatever the fuck I already forget what it's called

Yeah, even if you don't download it you'll get extra Platinum points just for registering.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    "Hmm," I think to myself. "Should I necro the Club Nintendo thread for this? People are already talking about it in the Wii U and 3DS threads, and it might be too different..."

And that's why ForceVoid did it instead. =)

I registered straightaway. I think you get some sort of currency for preregistering for Miitomo, so why not? I'm curious anyway, but even if not, money is good -- even if it's fake money.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!