As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Isabel really doesn't count, it was a plot the entire time.

So for the other 5.

Sara: Becomes Black Canary
    Shado: Dies. Pretty sad, actually
    Helena: Becomes Huntress
    McKenna: Gets shot, oh well.
    Laurel: Laurel.

So really, that's a 40% chance of becoming a superhero/vigilante, a 40% chance of dying or being horribly injured, and a 20% chance of being always and forever a huge bore.

However, since we know that she isn't a completely awful character right now, we're down to 50/50 vigilante/awful.
    Only one of those was a sane vigilante though, so I'd call it a 75% chance of a negative outcome.
    Especially since she's pretty much already a Good Vigilante, just not one that can salmon ladder.
    I'd say I'd expect her to get shot in the spine and confined to a wheelchair, but I kinda assume that turning her into Oracle (however awesome) wouldn't be in their plans.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

So for the other 5.

So really, that's a 40% chance of becoming a superhero/vigilante, a 40% chance of dying or being horribly injured, and a 20% chance of being always and forever a huge bore.

However, since we know that she isn't a completely awful character right now, we're down to 50/50 vigilante/awful.
    Only one of those was a sane vigilante though, so I'd call it a 75% chance of a negative outcome.
    Especially since she's pretty much already a Good Vigilante, just not one that can salmon ladder.
    I'd say I'd expect her to get shot in the spine and confined to a wheelchair, but I kinda assume that turning her into Oracle (however awesome) wouldn't be in their plans.
    Felicity is Arrow's Oracle now.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

So for the other 5.

This is contradictory.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Being Laurel, a fate worse than death.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Maori Slade is such a cool casting choice.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Wait until they inevitably make her Black Canary.

Laurel is like Lana, the fanbase hates her, but the writers never want her to leave and continue to make her the most important person ever!!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

I suddenly imagined Laurel Laurelizing everybody, Agent Smith style.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    The show is about Ollie.

The show is best when Felicity is on it.

Therefore Ollie should be with Felicity more often.

Felicity is his Money Penny, always hinted at never delivered on.

rfLbv.gif

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Laurel is like Lana, the fanbase hates her, but the writers never want her to leave and continue to make her the most important person ever!!

robortvaughn_exit_zps76a67caa.gif

Literally, the worst idea (but I know it's coming)

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

I mean, like, first....well, just the first episode, I was all OH HEY she's gonna be the Black Canary that's gonna be pretty cool!.

And then Laurel Laureled everywhere and now it is a sign of imminent dread(OH GOD THE JACKET HAND OFF NOOOO).

Let us pray to our lord and savior Felicity Smoak that this never happens.

Ollie/Dinah is a great couple because Dinah is awesome and somehow bartered a deal where Lady Shiva takes over as Black Canary and WEARS THE FISHNETS because Lady Shiva GIVES NO FUCKS.

Ollie/Laurel is not Ollie/Dinah.

Speaking of Lady Shiva yes include her Arrow plz.

Honestly the show has deviated from cannon as it is, they really don't need to make Laurel Canary, and it makes no sense for her to do that. I mean the only person who could train her would be Ollie and he has zero reason to do that to her, he doesn't view his vigilante life style as a positive.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I mean, like, first....well, just the first episode, I was all OH HEY she's gonna be the Black Canary that's gonna be pretty cool!.

And then Laurel Laureled everywhere and now it is a sign of imminent dread(OH GOD THE JACKET HAND OFF NOOOO).

Let us pray to our lord and savior Felicity Smoak that this never happens.

Ollie/Dinah is a great couple because Dinah is awesome and somehow bartered a deal where Lady Shiva takes over as Black Canary and WEARS THE FISHNETS because Lady Shiva GIVES NO FUCKS.

Ollie/Laurel is not Ollie/Dinah.

Speaking of Lady Shiva yes include her Arrow plz.

Sarah is the Black Canary I always wanted to see in a live action tv series. No more telepathic bullshit or Laurel Laurelling up the joint.

Black_Canary_7.jpg

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The one positive thing about Laurel, if you can call it that(you really can't), is that while the producers have their unexplained hard on for her you feel the character shields for every other female character isn't quite as solid.

You sit there in dread that they might kill Sarah to further Laurel as the "next BC". Or kill Felicity to further Laurel/Olivers as the OTP.

As a viewer you sit in dread hoping that they won't use the death of major beloved character as a way of shilling Laurel. Remember Detective Lance? I am still in doubt as to if he survives. That's because I am afraid that they will kill him off to make Laurel "dark" again, like they did with Tommy.

That is genuine Fear and Horror and it's a feeling most tv shows can't create. Supernatural has demons and hell on a regular basis, but do they have Laurel in domino mask trying to do karate?

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Stephen's cousin Robbie Amell (The Tomorrow People) has been cast as Firestorm on Flash. Or, rather, one half of Firestorm. Firestorm's a fucking awesome character, so his inclusion is kinda rad and if making me look more forward to Flash.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Stephen's cousin Robbie Amell (The Tomorrow People) has been cast as Firestorm on Flash. Or, rather, one half of Firestorm. Firestorm's a fucking awesome character, so his inclusion is kinda rad and if making me look more forward to Flash.

On one hand, yay Firestorm. On the other hand, it'll probably be the Ronnie/Professor combo and I've long since warmed up to Rusch.

On one hand, yay Firestorm. On the other hand, it'll probably be the Ronnie/Professor combo and I've long since warmed up to Rusch.

Shoulda been Rusch.

Stephen Amells twitter is Amellywood? That is the greatest.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Honestly the show has deviated from cannon as it is, they really don't need to make Laurel Canary, and it makes no sense for her to do that. I mean the only person who could train her would be Ollie and he has zero reason to do that to her, he doesn't view his vigilante life style as a positive.

Well, there's the reason to keep her alive, as she seems to draw danger to her like every other weekend. Of course, this is one of the many reasons why his no-killing rule is stupid, so yeah, he'll let her die instead.

• C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

Stephen Amells twitter is a reason to have a twitter account in the first place. Dude puts many smiles on my faces.

That is of course as long as you ignore replies. People be creepy.

C2B on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »

Stephen Amells twitter is a reason to have a twitter account in the first place. Dude puts many smiles on my faces.

That is of course as long as you ignore replies. People be creepy.

i just wanted to share my love!!!! DONT JUDGE ME!!!! :s

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Just started watching Arrow because Netflix and people and so on.

It's...soapy cheese? That doesn't want to admit it is? Or something? I kind of wish they'd just own it. It's got all these pretensions of seriousness and complexity it doesn't commit to, which remind me of something I can't quite put my finger on.

Laurel feels like a character that is always vaguely annoyed by everything around her. Like when she isn't in the scene, she's actually on a whole other show, an L.A. Law type thing she belongs in and then gets yanked back into Arrow at the least convenient time for whatever it is she's supposed to be doing over there.

Diggle is cool, but only Diggle.

Linespider5 on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    They admit it pretty soon

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    About four or five episodes in the show just shrugs and goes for it. It can be a little painful before that.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I would say that the first half of season 1 is pretty weak since they were going for the whole "we want it to be dark and serious and no super powers" thing. The show gets much better in the second half and in season 2.

Just started watching Arrow because Netflix and people and so on.

It's...soapy cheese? That doesn't want to admit it is? Or something? I kind of wish they'd just own it. It's got all these pretensions of seriousness and complexity it doesn't commit to, which remind me of something I can't quite put my finger on.

Laurel feels like a character that is always vaguely annoyed by everything around her. Like when she isn't in the scene, she's actually on a whole other show, an L.A. Law type thing she belongs in and then gets yanked back into Arrow at the least convenient time for whatever it is she's supposed to be doing over there.

Diggle is cool, but only Diggle.

It's CW, they do that. :)

edited July 2014

Speedys gonna kick ass next season.

C2B on

How can someone be so sexy and so ridic at the same time?!?

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    It always amazes me when I'll be watching a show then read about it online and therell be a character or plotline that everyone hates with a furious rage that I just sort of shrug my shoulders at. Maybe because I watch shows all at once.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    FINALLY finished season 2.
    I really hope that Roy Harper will take up the name Red Arrow so that Olliver will finally have to call himself the Green Arrow. If they choose "Speedy" or "Arsenal", I'll be a little disappointed. I will be horrendously outraged if they kill off Detective Lance, as he's my second favorite character after Sarah
    I am kind of happy Malcom Merlyn was not killed off. His actor is fantastic and I'm curious what he will bring to the table with Thea. I have another question though: Why didn't Malcom Merlyn use the Lazarus Pit on Tommy? Don't tell me that he didn't use it on himself because that would be bullshit, how else would he survive.

On villains,
    Do you ever think that they may bring some comic book characters under the same names to the show? Like Count Vertigo? I know that the Count was killed, but it would be kind of cool if season 3 started introducing some more supers to the table.

It would also be great if they started showing other heroes. I really hope one day that the Question could one day show up, as he was my favorite character in Justice League: Unlimited, and I think would work really well in this show's universe. Batverse people are apparently prohibited, but I wonder if Nightwing is.

Speaking of DC in general, I would like it if they started mentioning other towns and cities in DC like Smallville, Metropolis, Gotham, if for nothing else than to show these exist.
    I think it would be insane for people like R'ahs Al Ghul, Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Cyrus Gold (He better have been buried in a voodoo swamp and become Solomon Grundy if they ever tie Arrow/Flash to Batman vs Superman or the future Justice League movie) to all be villains focused on Arrow since pretty much all these villains have been traditionally Bat family villains (With the exception of Cyrus Grundy being a Supes villain).
    Plus, you know it would be awesome for Bruce Wayne to come into town for business with Queen Consolidated for Wayne Corp.

Kadoken on
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Grundy was actually originally a Green Lantern baddie. Not sure where he usually shows up these days though.

Re: Heroes and villians in the next season (casting spoilers)
    Peter Stormare will be the new Count Vertigo and Brandon Routh will be Blue Beetle.

On the Flash side of things I imagine they will go all out introducing all his rogues in the first season. For superheroes, Firestorm will show up.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    Dritz wrote: »
    Grundy was actually originally a Green Lantern baddie. Not sure where he usually shows up these days though.

Re: Heroes and villians in the next season (casting spoilers)
    Peter Stormare will be the new Count Vertigo and Brandon Routh will be Blue Beetle.

On the Flash side of things I imagine they will go all out introducing all his rogues in the first season. For superheroes, Firestorm will show up.

Actually:
    Brandon Routh is Ray Palmer, who should eventually become the Atom. The Blue Beetle was just a rumor.

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh yah got my facts mixed up with my rumors.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    How people survive: Oliver is shit at making sure real dangerous people are dead, so he chickenshitted out and stopped trying.

edited July 2014
    Would they even still adapt a Blue Beetle outside of Jaime?

I mean when was the last time you saw Ted (not as a corpse)?

C2B on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Would they even still adapt a Blue Beetle outside of Jaime?

I mean when was the last time you saw Ted (not as a corpse)?

Ted just reappeared in the New 52, and he appeared in the smallville-verse during Seasons 10 & 11.

But yea, I really miss Ted as Blue Beetle. He's one of my favorite heroes from DC.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Okay, Arrow has me now. It took me a while to see some of the stakes the show is trying to commit to.

Once I saw
    the collected remnants of the Queen's Gambit
    in the secret warehouse, I was hooked.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I realized something now that
    Dr. Ivo's dead, who's gonna make AMAZO. His episodes on JLA were my up there with the WW2 episode and the Christmas episode as my favorite.
    :(

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The name of the ship was AMAZO.

sig.gif
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Season 3 trailer definitely shares a spoiler or two that some might wish to avoid, but nothing really unexpected:

http://youtu.be/DfgthhsuUb8

Still, good trailer to get hype. And a nice choice of lines to end it with.

This discussion has been closed.