As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    Just finished 2nd season of Arrow on Netflix. That was epic.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I just want to say that Felicity walking in Ray Palmer doing the Salmon Ladder and going "oh my god I have a type!" was adoreable.

Also Ray Palmer
    is definitely evil in some way. He is cast too well to also play "crazy villain".

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I just want to say that Felicity walking in Ray Palmer doing the Salmon Ladder and going "oh my god I have a type!" was adoreable.

Also Ray Palmer
    is definitely evil in some way. He is cast too well to also play "crazy villain".

Ray Palmer is (Comics spoiler)
    the Atom, a superhero

Delmain on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Arrow is different from Bat-Man, in that most of his equipment is pretty low key. No giant bat-mobile or scads of expensive equipment with handy bat-logos on them.

In other words, his show isn't a vehicle for children's toys.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Arrow is different from Bat-Man, in that most of his equipment is pretty low key. No giant bat-mobile or scads of expensive equipment with handy bat-logos on them.

In other words, his show isn't a vehicle for children's toys.

Nope but I'm sure its doing gang busters selling arrow costumes to the ladies.

"Come on honey you have to like leap up with the bar, and get all pensive, DO IT FOR ME GOD DAMN IT!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Paraphrasing a story Stephen Amell told at denver comic con:
    Some girl: Hi Stephen, I do archery club at school and...
    Stephen: Oh boy, what'd I do wrong?
    (laughter)
    Some girl: I wanted to ask how your archery's so good.
    Stephen: Practice. We have an archery instructor on set, and sometimes it's 4am and I'm in an alleyway in the rain and we've been shooting for 8 hours and I just want to sleep and I'll hear: "KEEP YOUR ELBOW UP." But it's worth it in the end.

Seriously he's great
    you know one day this show will be over and then amell will be a world class archer and acrobatic as hell and then see the need to fight crime, and...

basically, he won't fail this city

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    @Thomamelas, could you please rename the thread title back to an Arrow thread specifically? It's bothering me for some reason that the DC show that started this new wave, and which remains one of, if not the best shows doesn't technically have it's own thread while the other three all do. I realize that this is effectively still the Arrow thread, but like I said, for some reason it's really bothering me that Arrow isn't getting its due in regards to thread titles.

Toss me in the camp of people that loved pretty much everything about this episode, with the glaring exception of the DJ. It's actually a bit mindboggling at just how bad all of the DJ stuff was this episode considering the generally high level of quality of almost everything else this season.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    My favorite part of the episode was Laurel wasn't in it

eyyyoh

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Title edited. I loved the little nod to The Longbow Hunters with the Sherwood Florist.

Thomamelas wrote: »
    Title edited. I loved the little nod to The Longbow Hunters with the Sherwood Florist.

I still have to thank you for showing me those books, it was a great story.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/26/arrow-and-the-flash-cant-mention-gotham-or-metropolis
    Kreisberg noted, “I’m a huge fan of Nightwing,” and how exciting it was for him on Arrow “Getting to name check Blüdhaven and go there.” However, he said there are still restrictions in place even when it came to mentioning locations, adding, “There’s the cities that we can use and then there’s everything else. I don’t think you’re going to be hearing ‘Gotham’ or ‘Metropolis’ [on Arrow or The Flash] anytime soon.”

facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

In happier news:

http://www.ksitetv.com/supergirl/supergirl-could-possibly-exist-in-the-same-world-as-arrow-flash/48575
    Later in the afternoon at his other office on the Warner Bros. lot, Berlanti meets with fellow producer Ali Adler and Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood to go over looks for their upcoming revamp of Supergirl. The show will follow 24-year-old Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, and with a twist that that could melt fanboy brains, Berlanti says it's possible this Supergirl could enter the worlds of Arrow and The Flash.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Yes

Do it

Make it happen

Hell if be happy with a simple reference to a meteor in Kansas or something with wells making a quip about how it's interesting but not important or Waller telling Ollie not to bother looking into it

Lh96QHG.png
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Damn it, hasn't the Bat embargo taken enough from us? Why must it continue to haunt us?

edited November 2014
    Damn it, hasn't the Bat embargo taken enough from us? Why must it continue to haunt us?

The Bat Embargo always have weird limitations. In the cartoons they could have Batman and the Bat Family, Huntress was a main character in JLU. This Bat Embargo is the opposite, they can have many of his villains (plus Huntress - i don't know why WB/DC don't act like she's a Bat character but I'll take it) without Batman. Too bad Arrow weren't able to get Nightwing to guest star like they originally planned last season.

Harry Dresden on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Who the Fuck is wells?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Who the Fuck is wells?

Water you asking for?

• KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Who the Fuck is wells?

Wells is the Bowling Alley Lawyer

4vjutnd7h59v.jpg

Or the guy from Star Labs who works with the Flash.

Ed.jpg 37.5K
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/26/arrow-and-the-flash-cant-mention-gotham-or-metropolis
    Kreisberg noted, “I’m a huge fan of Nightwing,” and how exciting it was for him on Arrow “Getting to name check Blüdhaven and go there.” However, he said there are still restrictions in place even when it came to mentioning locations, adding, “There’s the cities that we can use and then there’s everything else. I don’t think you’re going to be hearing ‘Gotham’ or ‘Metropolis’ [on Arrow or The Flash] anytime soon.”

In happier news:

http://www.ksitetv.com/supergirl/supergirl-could-possibly-exist-in-the-same-world-as-arrow-flash/48575
    Later in the afternoon at his other office on the Warner Bros. lot, Berlanti meets with fellow producer Ali Adler and Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood to go over looks for their upcoming revamp of Supergirl. The show will follow 24-year-old Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, and with a twist that that could melt fanboy brains, Berlanti says it's possible this Supergirl could enter the worlds of Arrow and The Flash.

Oh dear god. My brain just conjured up the possibility of a Buffy-esque Supergirl series. It will never live up to the hype that now exists in my mind.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Kaimaka wrote: »
    Who the Fuck is wells?

4vjutnd7h59v.jpg

Or JD's loser brother.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Kaimaka wrote: »
    Who the Fuck is wells?

4vjutnd7h59v.jpg

Or JD's loser brother.

ahahahah!

But actually, I was wondering who he is, like probably anyone else. Zoom would be tooooo easy I think.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I hope they go with the scientist version of Supergirl who grew up on Krypton around all sorts of super advanced technology and has to deal with how primitive earth is but then becomes fond of how humans use technology in creative ways to get around their limitations.

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

In happier news:

I think quite a cool way of doing Metropolis, if the name does eventually become available, would be to have it being the end result of Palmer's Star City project. Have it actually being the City of the Future rather than just DC New York

Tastyfish on
  • darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    The TV DC universe has an Earth 2 vibe to it; I think Power Girl would be a better fit for the universe than Supergirl.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Maybe, but who would fill her shoes?

sig.gif
    I don't think think its shoes people want filled when people think of power girl.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Might as well since The Originals have more or less written off her character.

Preacher wrote: »
    I don't think think its shoes people want filled when people think of power girl.
    Too coy for ya'll.

sig.gif
    I'm bad and posted this in [chat]
    Delmain wrote: »

edited December 2014
    I like how he doesn't consider a texan an american... CURSE YOU CANADIA!

I also like how his campaign is "Fuck Cancer." Because really lets just get down to it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Texans are barely Americans.

Also, how is his daughter 1/3 anything. That's not how genetics work.

edited December 2014
    Look Amell was hired for the pretty not the science. I mean when was the last time on Arrow he did anything of intelligence? EXACTLY!

Also I missed that the arrow costume is getting an upgrade in the fall finale. I'm guessing ab window.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

You can get kinda close to 1/3 if you get the right mix from various ancestors... But yeah, you'll never get exactly 1/3.

You can get kinda close to 1/3 if you get the right mix from various ancestors... But yeah, you'll never get exactly 1/3.
    A sixteenth and a quarter get you to ~31%, so I'd imagined he rounded up.

sig.gif
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    What if you have two parents who are mixed, with one side being the same and the other sides being different? Like if you have a half white/black mother and a half black/Asian father? Wouldn't that work or would it be 50% black, 25% White, 25% Asian?

Not that it matters to complete a Salmon Ladder.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The more I watch Routh, the more I would love an Atom spin-off with Routh as the main star.

Or Booster Gold. C'mon guys, do a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle buddy comedy show.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

Genetic engineering.

Booya.

Genetic engineering.

Booya.

1/3 Salmon Ladder

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Random observations/thoughts:
    Barry continues to fight like a moron and just lets the bad guy get away!

Oliver didn't have enough time to do anything with the bomb location even if the guy had spilled his guts the moment the gag came off...

The ladies need some firearms training or something.

Diggle still looks like the weird one being the only one not in costume...

Total bullshit the clothes didn't catch on fire this time.

Wells didn't OK your travel plans? Who the fuck cares, he's not your God Emperor, even if he thinks so.

Xeddicus on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    xfgjxfjj wrote: »
    Man I love this show but it's ridiculous a lot. It's the best if you imagine that the entire thing is just Ollie looking for excuses to walk around without a shirt. BQ8Uk7

What we see as far as the Island goes is how FelicityDiggle imagines it when Ollie tells them what happened, in actual fact it was also a naturist colony.

Tastyfish on
This discussion has been closed.