As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hearthstone: I hear you got a problem...

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hang on, what's Living Flame? I'm trying to look it up but I can't find it

He is thinking of the minion who's attack is equal to it's health.

I don't recall the name.

Yeah that

And the Gurubashi thing is just absurd. If a priest can get both berserkers out early in a game, then I see very few ways they can lose.

To be fair there are a lot of ways to kill a minion regardless of health

That said, I love my Pally and they just really don't have a great way to kill a 28 health minion, at least not that I know of

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/383-equality

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/474-deathwing

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/33-sylvanas-windrunner

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/245-tinkmaster-overspark

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/73-big-game-hunter

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/467-doomsayer

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/625-emperor-cobra

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/368-mind-control-tech

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/500-ironbeak-owl

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/42-spellbreaker

listed in order of having found the links, not in order of like, usefulness or viability or anything

I should definitely stick in some spellbreakers

But moooost of those are epics/legendaries I don't have

I have one equality but I need to disenchant to get a second

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    that makes sense

I only have 1 silence card and haven't had much chance to use it

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    yeah one of the hardest parts of learning how to counter things is that you often just don't start off with the counters, so you have to invest time into looking things up and going "oh shit there's a card that does X? well i fuckin' need that" without having any sort of direction as to how to look that up

e: they showed this slide at blizzcon:

IIq8onV.png

which is a sample of 3 random days of the highest ranking in ranked play, and i think it does a really good job of demonstrating the problems with low levels

a lot of people complain about priest but as you can see at high levels it's the only class that reliably does poorly

this means that while priests are easy to work around, new players simply are not given either the tools or the knowledge to do so

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    wow that's a great slide

warlock makes sense. as soon as I started unlocking cards for him I was like "man this guy seems way too good"

even voidwalkers seem wildly OP

wow that's a great slide

warlock makes sense. as soon as I started unlocking cards for him I was like "man this guy seems way too good"

even voidwalkers seem wildly OP

Voidwalker is not OP

You are taking up one (or two) slots in your deck for something that is basically ONLY useful as a stopgap in early game

Read INANTP's post in the BROBA thread but basically Taunt is not as good as you think it is

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    yea but it's a 1 mana 1/3 taunt that you can tap into 5 health or draw cards with

that's... a lot utility for one mana

edited November 2013
    I would say Voidwalker is an okay-to-good card based on how you build your deck, but he's very combo dependent. He can work well with other cards but I wouldn't put a Void in for the purpose of having a Void.

e: Part of the problem with Void is that almost no one is running 2 attack minions.

liEt3nH.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    yeah, i've come to realize taunts are just not that good

sure i could put a taunt down, but for the attack/health cost i'm getting, all it is is a stopgap kill me card that won't do anything for me next turn since it'll be dead

also i hate living flame cause humility doesn't do anything to it

yea but it's a 1 mana 1/3 taunt that you can tap into 5 health or draw cards with

I'm not sure what you mean by this

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Should add a playerlist to the op.

I have an unexpected long weekend and no money so i'll be a shut in playing Hearthstone i guess.

You can sacrifice a void for 5 health, and I think there's another one to sacrifice him to draw cards.

You can sacrifice a void for 5 health, and I think there's another one to sacrifice him to draw cards.

Do you mean Sacrificial Pact?

That's a different card so it doesn't really count toward Voidwalker's utility, Sacrificial Pact can work on any demon

the only warlock card that draws cards is Mortal Coil
    1 mana
    Deal 1 damage to a minion. If that kills it, draw a card.

i would probably not run a mortal coil just because it's pretty useless if i can't draw a card with it

liEt3nH.png
    coulda sworn there's a sacrifice to draw cards with

edited November 2013
    not at this time

the other card that would interact with the void is Demonfire
    2 mana
    Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it’s a friendly Demon, give it +2/+2 instead.

which is 2 cards and 3 mana to play a Sen'jin Shieldmasta, which isn't that efficient

fake edit: you could use it with a Void Terror too i guess but i think void terror is a pretty bad card, why would you turn two creatures into one creature that becomes more vulnerable to silence and removal and

liEt3nH.png
    not at this time

2 mana

which is 2 cards and 3 mana to play a Sen'jin Shieldmasta, which isn't that efficient

fake edit: you could use it with a Void Terror too i guess but i think void terror is a pretty bad card, why would you turn two creatures into one creature that becomes more vulnerable to silence and removal and

This is a good place to point out something else

If you play a lot of magic, you may be tempted to stack a bunch of buffs on the same minion

This is due to a few things (Creatures in magic only take damage if they die, you have to destroy each enchantment separately)

Don't do this

If you have a lot of buffs, spread them around. One silence or destroy card will ruin you.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yeah being someone who plays a lot of magic, I'm trying to do things here that I might there, and it doesn't often work out well.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    not at this time

2 mana

sick combos with power overwhelming/sacrificial pactthat one card where it deals its attack to everything
    becomes more vulnerable to some removal and less vulnerable to other removal like consecrate blizzard explosive trap hero powers swipe etc

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Oghulk wrote: »

Looks solid

I'm nowhere near card rich enough to pull that off

that blood knight card though

+3/+3 for every divine shield? yeesh.

the one secret i have in there will be helpful for keeping some low health cards up too

i'm surprised at the high mana decent divine shield cards too. didn't know those were there

of course the build is also like, not based on what i have available, just on all cards, hence tirion

Oghulk wrote: »
    that blood knight card though

+3/+3 for every divine shield? yeesh.

the one secret i have in there will be helpful for keeping some low health cards up too

i'm surprised at the high mana decent divine shield cards too. didn't know those were there

of course the build is also like, not based on what i have available, just on all cards, hence tirion

Sunwalker is soooo good

do you guys think arena is worth it over just buying a pack 100 coins at a time?

if you find arena fun

liEt3nH.png
    do you guys think arena is worth it over just buying a pack 100 coins at a time?

Yes

As far as I can tell, you ALWAYS get a pack out of arena

You will then get the chance of gold, cards, or dust as you do better

I would probably say always arena, but maybe there's a reason I'm not considering

if you find arena fun

I can definitely get that some people find Arena frustrating

But until (or if) they implement some kind of in-game tournament system or something with prizes

It's the only thing in the game where there is a sort of end goal other than "keep playing and winning"

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    yeah one of the hardest parts of learning how to counter things is that you often just don't start off with the counters, so you have to invest time into looking things up and going "oh shit there's a card that does X? well i fuckin' need that" without having any sort of direction as to how to look that up

e: they showed this slide at blizzcon:

IIq8onV.png

which is a sample of 3 random days of the highest ranking in ranked play, and i think it does a really good job of demonstrating the problems with low levels

a lot of people complain about priest but as you can see at high levels it's the only class that reliably does poorly

this means that while priests are easy to work around, new players simply are not given either the tools or the knowledge to do so
    Given the small sample size and high level of variance on those graphs I'd be reluctant to draw any major conclusions from them, not that your argument isn't otherwise valid mind you.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    edited November 2013
    The weirdest thing about the charts is that Shaman are major league losers in two graphs, and then pretty strong winners in another

anything beyond 5% from even I would say is compelling data, considering the rank

(it also suggests that Shaman's may rely very heavily on luck of the draw with their totems)

Jasconius on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i got this and its really hard and im addicted

mage is great but i want to learn rogue

Beasteh wrote: »

Rogue is great

Google Trump's Rogue control deck

You can get the basics of it (Make substitutions where appropriate) and you'll do quite well, it's a good way to learn the class

Just take appropriate advantage of combo cards and rogue's excellent targeted removal and you'll be fine

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    oh gosh we have a thread

who wants to fight the brt

hit me with your friend invites pabrt#1613

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Jasconius#1409

if you want easy victories against someone with almost no cards

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I guess it could be cool to have people on my list :3
    I'm Blue#1101

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    this vid by somethingawful's Prada Slut has helped me immensely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o6ZmXDmfWo

i feel like there aren't enough skill elements in this game

like with a 30 card deck you sometimes Just Don't Get Good Cards at the start while your opponent gets his godhand and rolls you

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I guess the open beta's starting soon.

Pretty excited to actually be able to play

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i feel like there aren't enough skill elements in this game

like with a 30 card deck you sometimes Just Don't Get Good Cards at the start while your opponent gets his godhand and rolls you
    you should only run good cards in your deck

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.