Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The PA Report - Forza 5 is next-gen where it counts, but frustrating due to lack of tracks

2»

• metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    @Farmern42: "Scanning things with lasers" sounds like a pretty awesome job description. Maybe I'll tell that to my my cashier co-workers.

Also, I should correct my self and say the "DLC" was supposed to be more of a patch which included cars, tracks, and the Drivatar system. So, assuming it's a thing, it would seem those 14 tracks are all that's available for now.

But!

Does that number include variants (i.e. short, long), or are they all different, unique settings?

metroidkillah on
    I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • dbrowdydbrowdy Registered User regular
    Yes, there are multiple variants for each of the 14 tracks. They even have the old fast Le Mans circuit so you can do top-speed runs on the hypercars. <3

• spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    from everything i've read, it seems one of the best tracks was taken out, Fujimi Kaido. that's the one i played a lot and i know a lot of people played. it could be used to live out your Initial D fanboy moments with drifting or it could hoon your skills of learning to take on multiple hairpin turns. Removing the track collection of up hill, down hill and full course, this game to me is now missing the core of what a good amount of people were really playing in this game. I feel highly disappointed and this just gave me more of a reason to not move on to a next gen console.

• Farmer42Farmer42 Registered User regular
    Yas Marina is a great track for drifting. It's not a downhill track, but it has all sorts of crazy.

• metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @Spawnoftheed: Fujimi Kaido was a great track in FM3, and the one that got me interested in drifting in the game. I got a few really sweet replays of perfect drifts going down and into the tunnels. I set up my VW Golf for just the occasion.

The only thing that could make me more excited about this game is the inclusion of drag challenges. Seriously, the game is full of classic muscle cars- and what are muscle cars best at?

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Farmer42Farmer42 Registered User regular
    Actually, about half of the muscle cars are VTA, and the game finally acknowledges that VTA was a thing.

2»