As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    There will be some changes to how we run the Pinultimate Promotion.
    It *might* impact timing of sending out the codes for this the Ultratech pin. Stay tuned!

Ultratech Pin?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    There will be some changes to how we run the Pinultimate Promotion.
    It *might* impact timing of sending out the codes for this the Ultratech pin. Stay tuned!

Ultratech Pin?

6mpp0ji3hm89.jpg

?

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Beat me to it....thats the one

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I will set up a schedule to be at the booth and will be tweeting about it.
    And shit yeah, I would totally cosplay Orchid. I will join Crossfit next month with that in mind.

Think there will be a huge turn out each day to fight you?

edit: Also, do you have any clue when the Tournament(s) is(are) for the pin? Just in case I can't get to whooping you one day. ;)

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    Quick question ...... is the KI fightstick pin exclusive to this PAX thing?? If so is it part of the Pin collection??

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Quick question ...... is the KI fightstick pin exclusive to this PAX thing?? If so is it part of the Pin collection??

I believe its the community challenge one if im not mistaken

f7v9h.jpg
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming it'll be available first at PAX, and then later as a challenge pin (April's hopefully?)

This weekend will involve me training my hardest to beat @HonestHippo. Im going to be wearing a sweatband to make it look more authentic.

f7v9h.jpg
    Cue training montage.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Pin Pals, I come to you with sad news.
    Effective today, I will no longer on point for the Pin Ultimate promotion, and will be, most likely, transitioning to a new role at MS.

I did my best to transfer the knowledge and relationships to keep this rather cool initiative alive, and I am trusting that the KI team will continue running it in an awesome way.

As I mentioned last week, the transition will most likely delay communications a bit, but last month's challenge will still be evaluated and you will still be getting the awesome fightstick pin at PAX.

I will still be lurking the forums, every once in a while, and just like the rest of you will be eagerly waiting for my pins to arrive by mail (OK not true, I will most likely just drive to PA and steal them).

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Effective today, I will no longer on point for the Pin Ultimate promotion, and will be, most likely, transitioning to a new role at MS.

I did my best to transfer the knowledge and relationships to keep this rather cool initiative alive, and I am trusting that the KI team will continue running it in an awesome way.

As I mentioned last week, the transition will most likely delay communications a bit, but last month's challenge will still be evaluated and you will still be getting the awesome fightstick pin at PAX.

I will still be lurking the forums, every once in a while, and just like the rest of you will be eagerly waiting for my pins to arrive by mail (OK not true, I will most likely just drive to PA and steal them).

Are you going to be the one that we are challenging at PAX?

I am sad to hear that you aren't going to be the person looking after us, but good luck on your new endeavor. :)

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular

I hope your new roll brings you back to us again do more pin events.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular

Thank you for all of your support and openness with the Pinny Arcade community. I hope that your new position is everything you want it to be and that your skills are put to good use.

55ymlH2.png
    Ya know, I enjoyed having you around here. thanks for that. Hopefully I can still play you at PAX whether or not its in an official capacity. Will getting the pin at PAX still work the same way?

Good luck in your future endeavors at MS

f7v9h.jpg
    http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/04/killer-instinct-at-pax-east/
    Participants in the KI tournament hosted by Major League Gaming (MLG) at Turtle Beach’s booth will get a KI Fightstick Pin. You can also Challenge Dave McCrate to a KI fight to the death at the Xbox booth; defeat him for a pin.

is our new community correspondent maybe?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Participants in the KI tournament hosted by Major League Gaming (MLG) at Turtle Beach’s booth will get a KI Fightstick Pin. You can also Challenge Dave McCrate to a KI fight to the death at the Xbox booth; defeat him for a pin.

Poor Dave, his first few days on the job and im gonna have to beat him silly.

f7v9h.jpg
    Kuma wrote: »

you should beat him on my behalf also, because I don't like my odds of winning against…anyone. ;)

• Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular

Good luck in your new role. And welcome to the other side of the pinstinct fence.

Thanks for all the info and peace of mind you brought to this new experience

00Fayt00 wrote: »

you should beat him on my behalf also, because I don't like my odds of winning against…anyone. ;)

Neither do I, but a man can dream cant he?

f7v9h.jpg
    I just want to use a regular One controller and not a fightstick. Fightstick means I need a second to reacquaint myself with the controls.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • RobopengyRobopengy Registered User regular
    Sorry I'm a bit new here, what's the status on the March pins? o:

launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/04/get-this-pin-at-pax-east/

I am still not entirely sure if this is part of the Pin Ultimate edition set

8fuuo_RK.png
    The fightstick? If so I thought it was already in established it was long ago?

Dan did say there would be other opportunities to get it out of PAX, they'll just be limited or something.

I'm gonna try to sign up for a tournament, which I'll probably be eliminated instantly.

Dan did say there would be other opportunities to get it out of PAX, they'll just be limited or something.

I'm gonna try to sign up for a tournament, which I'll probably be eliminated instantly.

Hey, youll still get your pin.

To anyone heading up this weekend, stay safe.

f7v9h.jpg
    Just got an April email update, KI fightstick will be available for sale shortly after pax for those who cannot attend and IS the April pin ultimate pin.

March pins, ultratech and thunder will be available soon, im guessing all at the same time

8fuuo_RK.png
    Well, Im back in the real world (for better or worse depending on how you look at it). I got to play Dave, who was super cool. When I was in line, I could tell he was a Thunder fan, which made it even more fun for me when I got up there as I have been using Thunder exclusively for a bit now. He asked if I had it and told him that I was a Pin edition owner. He put up a great fight but in the end I beat him and got my pin. So Dave, if you are reading this, it was great to play you and I had fun with the challenge.

f7v9h.jpg
  • InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, do we have a solid date for the March pins going up? I know the newsletter said it would be immediately after the convention, but has anyone clarified how long "immediately" will be?

Insaneloon wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do we have a solid date for the March pins going up? I know the newsletter said it would be immediately after the convention, but has anyone clarified how long "immediately" will be?
    Personal opinion is later in the week. Theyre probably holding off for the April pins as well and have to count how many they have left.

f7v9h.jpg
    Theyll probably even release both march and april together

8fuuo_RK.png
    He put up a great fight but in the end I beat him and got my pin. So Dave, if you are reading this, it was great to play you and I had fun with the challenge.

Pretty sure he held back a bit so people wouldn't be turned off on the game. Ha.

He (and others in the line) were happy to see me pick Glacius. I said that using the stick might throw off my game, but I was still able to pull off most of what I know. After I "won," someone in that crowd said it was a fix (since I said I might not be as good with the stick).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Do we know happened with the pins for the tournament? I was in the Saturday one(got bodied by a Glacius in the first round) but there seemed to be some confusion over the pins.

• ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    I was just glad I didn't act a fool with that fightstick. First time touching one for KI, but I pulled it out!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    EvilOtaku wrote: »
    Do we know happened with the pins for the tournament? I was in the Saturday one(got bodied by a Glacius in the first round) but there seemed to be some confusion over the pins.

I lost in the first round and asked about the pins and the guy said that only the top 2 got them. Dunno if that was the same for everyone, but that's what he told me.

redfield85 wrote: »
    He put up a great fight but in the end I beat him and got my pin. So Dave, if you are reading this, it was great to play you and I had fun with the challenge.

Pretty sure he held back a bit so people wouldn't be turned off on the game. Ha.

He (and others in the line) were happy to see me pick Glacius. I said that using the stick might throw off my game, but I was still able to pull off most of what I know. After I "won," someone in that crowd said it was a fix (since I said I might not be as good with the stick).

Im sure he did, still, people were losing left and right

f7v9h.jpg
  • symmetricsymmetric Registered User regular
    Couldn't make it to PAX this year :( will this KI fightstick pin be available in the store?

symmetric wrote: »
    Couldn't make it to PAX this year :( will this KI fightstick pin be available in the store?

They said that whatever they had left from PAX would be in the store. With that said, they said they were out of them on Sunday at the Booth….so I'm not sure if they held some back or?

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    symmetric wrote: »

They said that whatever they had left from PAX would be in the store. With that said, they said they were out of them on Sunday at the Booth….so I'm not sure if they held some back or?

You would figure they would hold back enough for the Pin Ultimate people to buy online. Kind of a dick thing to not make a pin available for people that put out extra cash for this edition.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I'm sure if nothing else they have enough for the pin edition holders…but who knows. Since they are 'in transition' with Dan gone, and they don't have anyone who is interested in the pins(as far as no one who collects like us) maybe they didn't plan well. We will have to find out and see.

I did talk to them Friday and found out that other then Dan there seemed to be very little interest in the Pins, with Dan gone from the team it makes me caution on their pre-planning.

Also, for the folks who did the tournament and didn't get a pin. That was also poor planning. We actually went to The Microsoft booth and after discussing with multiple people found out that all but one of them didn't even know the tourney got pins. They gave us pins and said that they would correct for the tournaments Sunday, but the others who did the tourney kinda got jipped.

• symmetricsymmetric Registered User regular
    Wow, I agree that something should be done for the Pin Edt. customers who couldn't make it to PAX. Leave it to poor planning to leave a sour taste in ppls mouths. I feel sorry for those that got jipped thanks to false pretenses.