As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WHAT??? Are you saying you got the spinal shield? or just like the design?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • jrronimojrronimo Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    WHAT??? Are you saying you got the spinal shield? or just like the design?

Haha, whoops! No, I haven't gotten it -- I'm nobody special, that's for sure. I just like the design as I've seen it so far. I wish I'd already gotten it!! I don't think any sort of e-mail has gone out yet. (And for that matter, I'm only 50% sure an e-mail *will* go out this time...)

*phew* My heart skipped several beats thinking i may have missed something!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    *phew* My heart skipped several beats thinking i may have missed something!

I did and thought the same thing. Even went and double checked all my emails and PA store.

SO! Does anyone want a Sadira pin for only the cost of shipping? Through a Merch mixup, I ended up with a free spare! I only really need the one for my binder, so now I have an extra!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    jrronimo wrote: »
    SO! Does anyone want a Sadira pin for only the cost of shipping? Through a Merch mixup, I ended up with a free spare! I only really need the one for my binder, so now I have an extra!

I can accept one on those terms :D

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Blah I would have taken it. :P

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I would've saved it for trade bait. Although I bet no one at PAX will know who the hell she is sadly.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I would've saved it for trade bait. Although I bet no one at PAX will know who the hell she is sadly.

This.
    IMO Its still a cool looking pin :)

So what's happening with the last few pins?.... All challenges completed, we know spinal and shield designs but no fulgore or shadow jago. I just want this over and done with

8fuuo_RK.png
    @michaelrobles All challenges done. When can we expect news about #killerinstinct pin ultimate pins...?

@Addati_Ant We should be sending out fulfillment emails either this week or next.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So then we'll see emails next month or later. Yay.

redfield85 wrote: »

This.
    IMO Its still a cool looking pin :)

While a good idea on both accounts, I don't know when I'll next be at a PAX, unfortunately. :/

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    While not shown during the Microsoft Gamescom 2014 media briefing, Iron Galaxy has some news regarding the next season of Killer Instinct. Season 2 will officially kick off on October 15, with two new fighters and a handful of interface changes.

The next season of KI will begin with TJ Combo, who was revealed at E3, and Maya, who was first revealed during a panel at this year's Evo. Six new fighters will also be included, with one coming out each month, at $4.99 a piece.

Killer Instinct: Season 2 will also come bundled in two varieties. The Combo Breaker Pack will include the fighters for a flat $19.99, while the Ultra Edition will include extra costumes and the long-rumored Killer Instinct 2 Classic for $39.99. Those looking to get an early start with TJ Combo can also invest in the Killer Instinct: Combo Breaker Pack, the retail compilation featuring all of the Season 1 combatants.

No Pin Ultimate Edition in sight yet.

55ymlH2.png
    Yet? That seems like a solid announcement of the version that will be available. After the fiasco half way through this first pin ultimate, there is no reason for them to go through that hassle again.

Also, why would we want another pin ultimate from them after all of that? Just take what we have and move on.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I say "yet" because the Pin Ultimate Edition for Season 1 was unveiled a little while after the other SKUs were.

This was the first shot at a Pin Ultimate Edition of a game, and it ran quite smoothly until the sudden change of staff about halfway through the promotion. Things could have gone better, but it wasn't irrevocably bad either. I welcome the next PU Edition, though I'd rather see it for a different game.

55ymlH2.png
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping for sunset overdrive pin ultimate.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for sunset overdrive pin ultimate.

I doubt it since they have a single pin at PAX Prime.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Im ready to move on to another game anyway. I don't think they will do pin ultimate 2.

8fuuo_RK.png
    I hate Killer Instinct so anything else would be a blessing.

Though at this point I'm not sure if they'd even do another Pin Ultimate... considering how many of the KI pins are still available and all, I think the system needs tweaking.

• jc507jcjc507jc Registered User new member
    Okay so I haven't done anything with my pin edition since March. I think it was the Thunder/Ultra Tech pins.

So I decided I wanted to get the rest and went to the PA store and saw the Orchid, Sadira, Firecat, and fight stick pins. I ordered all four of them but the sadira and Firecat pins said they were a pre order. Does anyone know if I'll receive them or if they're out and I'm preordering for a second batch? Also I didn't see any way to pre order the spinal or shield pins, are those to come out later?

Theyre all there, i recieved mine 2 weeks ago. Theyll more than likely still be there when spinal and shield go up. But who knows when that is at this stage.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • ShabeRavenShabeRaven Registered User regular
    So they asked everyone who didn't receive the firecat email to send in their information. Here it is almost a month later and nothing, not even confirmation they got the email. I really feel like no one is looking after this anymore. They'll have one person look at things once every 6 weeks just to keep us interested. OK, that's probably not the case, and they probably have someone looking into things as we speak, it's just getting really frustrating.

@michaelrobles All challenges done. When can we expect news about #killerinstinct pin ultimate pins...?

@Addati_Ant We should be sending out fulfillment emails either this week or next.
    So has anyone received these emails yet?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I'm guessing that the huge batch of Prime Pins will set back the KI ones for a while.

edited August 2014
    Eh, i am done speculating why or whos fault it is as we've pretty much discussed it all at length. Fact is we are two months late on spinal and now a month for fulgore. We need answers and seemingly no place to get them.

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I just want them to finish the set out.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • twistedsymphonytwistedsymphony NHRegistered User regular
    I've sent several messages over the last two months to Mr Robles asking for updates and so far all of them have been ignored.

Anyone know who he reports to within Microsoft? maybe we can move our nagging up the food-chain.

We...don't...need answers? Answers for what? We've known about this situation of taking forever for the rest of the pins ever since the reigns were handed over. They'll be in the store at some point.

A bunch of people spamming a one guy, who is seemingly overwhelmed already, won't make things move any faster.

I know we all want this to just be over with already, but come on.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Yesterday Robles said there'd be an e-mail before PAX. I hope it happens!

But yeah, he's probably overloaded. I don't know if there's anyone else they could have handed Pin Ultimate off to when this all started, but they probably should've found someone else. One day I'll remember patience!

• pistonhpistonh Registered User regular

But yeah, he's probably overloaded. I don't know if there's anyone else they could have handed Pin Ultimate off to when this all started, but they probably should've found someone else. One day I'll remember patience!

Yeah put how much patience are we reasonably expected to have? It doesn't matter how backed up someone is. It shouldn't take over 2 months to fix something unless you're in the business of building skyscrapers - simple as that. Even the US government (the most backed up, red taped and slowest to action of any entity) doesn't take that long to transfer whole administrations. Yet we're supposed to meet their rigid schedule for challenges - if they're not completed in the specified time frame, well boo hoo for us. They've promised a second chance for the June challenge failure but I'll bet there won't be any mention of it in that unicorn of a pre-PAX email.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is that when DH was absorbed by IG, they already had the personnel in place doing their jobs just fine. Instead of keeping them on even just temporarily until the end of the promotion, they fire them all and replace them with people who were obviously less qualified from the get go. Dan said he passed all the information along to the appropriate people and had the system in place to communicate throughout the rest of the promotion, then this guy Mike or his superior chose not to use it. Someone did the job for them and it was laying right there in front of them ready to go. They ignored it.

This isn't just an isolated incident either. Same thing happened with other MS Studios titles. In fact, the exact same situation is happening with WSOP: Full House Pro, except over there we got some guy named Rukari Austin who communicates even less. Even worse is the fact that they are obviously really not overloaded and just ignoring us. They don't have time to reply to simple questions (which is their job as community reps) yet tweet away all sorts of other BS during the work day. Just take a look at their regular tweets. Assuming they have regular 8hr work days, they spend half of it playing/streaming games, 2hrs talking about their lunches and taking pictures of it or saying how awesome their convention hotel accommodations are, and the last 2hrs dicking around with personal stuff - in Mr. Robles' case it's playing Magic: The Gathering, and in Mr. Austin's it's buying Air Jordan sneakers. It's insulting. Dan never disrespected us like that.

They are horrible at their jobs, plain and simple. Major Nelson is the busiest of all Xbox reps, and he finds the time to communicate effectivvely through multiple channels on a regular basis. If they are indeed overloaded and can't handle it, maybe they should resign. Hell any one of us would've been fired already.

It's Major Nelson's job to be a PR guy, he's supposed to be involved with the community. This responsibility was dropped on Robles and it's just on the back burner. I honestly wish they'd just get it over with too, but whatever at this point.

Robles recently tweeted he will be at Microsoft/KillerInstinct booth at Prime, if anyone wants to question him in person, thats your chance

8fuuo_RK.png
  • pistonhpistonh Registered User regular
    It's Major Nelson's job to be a PR guy, he's supposed to be involved with the community. This responsibility was dropped on Robles and it's just on the back burner. I honestly wish they'd just get it over with too, but whatever at this point.

That's what I mean - it's Robles' job too. "PR guy" = "community manager." If he's unwilling to do the job, or straight up just can't do the job, why are we still stuck with him? You're inferring they just spun a wheel and the arrow landed on Mike's name? They just put someone on the job that someone else was already doing efficiently without any consideration as to who it would be? Seriously, what is this?!

OK so maybe it's not Mike's fault and he got "stuck" with this position. So maybe he also has way more on his plate than he can chew (although I doubt it if he has time to play MTG on the clock then tweet about it) or some things are out of his control. How's that an excuse for not doing his job? If I don't like my job, or if I get something dumped on me that's too much to handle I either get help or resign. If I can handle the tasks given to me, I take pride in my work and make sure I do them to the best of my ability. This clearly isn't the case here. After all, it's not like he's not getting paid for it. Also, what "back burner"?! Just from a quick glean the only positions this guy fills are attending conventions, producing YouTube videos for Wordament, and handling the KI community.

Dan at least communicated to us when something was out of his control - like the manufacturing errors - through multiple channels. He was even nice enough to directly address my earlier concerns personally without being snarky. This guy ignores us 90% of the time, then sends cookie cutter announcements after the fact in some obscure corner of the Xbox forums. Next, we're challenged to find out the information on our own.

Saying, "whatever" at this point and just dealing with it is sending these guys a message that we're OK with taking on the chin after devoting our valuable time and money to a product that was not delivered to us satisfactorily.

edited August 2014
    pistonh wrote: »

Another thing that doesn't make sense is that when DH was absorbed by IG, they already had the personnel in place doing their jobs just fine.

DH didn't get absorbed by IG -- DH got bought by Amazon. I don't think any staff directly transitioned from IG to DH, though DH did work with IG to help them work with the engine and get the new characters started. Further, I don't think the pins were being handled by DH, but by someone at Microsoft and/or PA.

This definitely should've been handled better, I agree. Says Robles over on the ultra-combo forums:
    It's not as simple as some of you think it is. Emails will be sent out soon. We're trying to get everything ready before PAX Prime hits next week.

Those that have contacted me will get emails.
    Pin Edition Owners will get emails.

Emails will be sent out.

Thank you for your patience.

So there's that, for what it's worth... This is one of those instances where it really feels like Microsoft is too big for its own good. When you've got to work within a pool of 100,000 other employees, the bureaucracy really can be very tough.

jrronimo on
    Plus I'm sure they don't want to be bombarded by us at Prime if we don't have some sort of answer before it lol.

Well, acknowledgement is something. Just have to be patient. Still, i cant shake the feeling of arogance in his posts, like he is implying we are the ones impatiently complaining.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • twistedsymphonytwistedsymphony NHRegistered User regular
    Well, acknowledgement is something. Just have to be patient. Still, i cant shake the feeling of arogance in his posts, like he is implying we are the ones impatiently complaining.

I agree. I get that MS is huge and he's probably just the messenger without any real control, but he's proven to be a pretty crappy messenger.

If you say "emails will go out next week" (which he did say... about a month ago), Then in a week at MINIMUM make a post at least acknowledging that you haven't forgotten... put a damn reminder in your phone; it's not difficult.

A good community manager is someone who is an actual member of the community; someone who can commiserate, someone who shares in our excitement and our disappointments but has the added benefit of working for the game company in order to give us news and relay our thoughts and feelings back to the people who can do something about it. Mr Robles doesn't act like a member of this community, he acts like communicating with us is a chore.

... but this is just beating a dead horse, nothing I've said here hasn't already been stated a dozen times before.

• ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    So has anyone gotten an e-mail? Prime does start tomorrow...

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
    Robles will be at the KI booth if you want to ask him in person

8fuuo_RK.png