As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Almost Human] iBrobots, Toy Giraffes, Bioprinters, & Episodes Airing Out Of Order...

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Which episode established that Dorian...
    has memories of being a child implanted in his system?

That seems like that should have been the final episode season finale.

The one we got makes some sense though...
    If Rudy had told the review board about those false memories, Dorian would've been decommissioned in the blink of an eye. That's why he was so jumpy and nervous.

And that last scene was obviously a significant step in the Kennex/Dorian relationship and seemed like a fitting spot to end the season with them.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Which episode established that Dorian...
    has memories of being a child implanted in his system?

That seems like that should have been the final episode season finale.

The one we got makes some sense though...
    If Rudy had told the review board about those false memories, Dorian would've been decommissioned in the blink of an eye. That's why he was so jumpy and nervous.

And that last scene was obviously a significant step in the Kennex/Dorian relationship and seemed like a fitting spot to end the season with them.
    I couldn't tell much difference between how Rudy acted at the review board and how Rudy acts around, well, anyone, really.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Still no renewal. :(

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Still no renewal. :(

Expensive, Low ratings and its on FOX.

Draw your own conclusions.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    I just realized that Almost Human is Automata minus the 50's aesthetic.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Not unexpected, and yet The Following lives on.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I am quite sad, I really really liked this show. :((

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    *Sigh* I heard the news. Well Fox, you did it again.

• Options
    Just think it frees up Karl Urban for that Dredd Sequel.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    This would be upsetting if it came out of nowhere. Maybe netflix will pick it up. Oh well, one more good show is killed off too early by Fox and ain't nobody surprised by that.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Well as I say with anytime fox cancels a show. At least they put it on the air.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Can't say I'm crushed by this news. Not like I would be if they had cancelled Sleepy Hollow instead. The leads were good in this, but going directly into normal cop stuff was a mistake. They should have gone for a more ambitious plot structure. The NCIS people are just going to watch NCIS, not this, no matter how unambitious you plot out the story.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Why do people still pitch Sci-Fi shows to FOX?

I has a sad now.

• Options
    Can't say I'm crushed by this news. Not like I would be if they had cancelled Sleepy Hollow instead. The leads were good in this, but going directly into normal cop stuff was a mistake. They should have gone for a more ambitious plot structure. The NCIS people are just going to watch NCIS, not this, no matter how unambitious you plot out the story.

NCIS owns that time slot, it's a death sentence for shows like this.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well as I say with anytime fox cancels a show. At least they put it on the air.

I emphatically disagree, I would rather never see a show rather than get hooked and then lose it without a proper ending.

*Firefly is an exception as Serentity allowed it to have a proper-ish conclusion*

*plus I had never heard of it until I saw a marathon on sci-fi after it was canceled and back before sci-fi became SyFy and started only showing terrible B movies that they made so I knew what I was getting into*

LostNinja on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Michael Ealy better get picked up for something awesome
    he absolutely killed it here

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Preacher wrote: »
    Not unexpected, and yet The Following lives on.

We live in a world where the Following has gotten three seasons and beats out other shows in doing so.

How?

C2B on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, shit. I figured this was the news when I saw activity on the thread.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Every time I come into this thread, I keep expecting to finally see a link to the news that this show has been cancelled. I'm relieved every time, but I also feel like it's just inevitable eventually. I hate being such a pessimist.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i don't think there's much to add to this. i guess we all saw it coming, what with Fox being Fox and the episodes airing out of order. still, it was fun while it lasted at least.

• Options
    Dr. Nigel Vaughn fled across the desert, and Judge Kennex followed.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Dr. Nigel Vaughn fled across the desert, and Judge Kennex followed.

Vaughn's Bieber army tried to hunt Kennex but got bored before they found him and went home.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Huh.

I liked the pilot well enough but after 2 or 3 episodes it became a show I didn't really have to watch. I do have all of season 1 on my dvr though. I should watch the episodes the way they were meant to be aired.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Man I just finished all of the episodes on my DVR the day before this announcement. That sucks. Do I dare watch the blacklist, intelligence, and helix? I don't want them all canceled. Sigh.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Helix has a 2nd season i believe as does Blacklist if i remember correctly.. i'm not optimistic about Intelligence though.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Blacklist got renewed and isn't going anywhere for awhile - with the ratings it's getting compared to everything else on NBC I'm surprised the network hasn't pasted a picture of James Spader's bald head on their peacock logo.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Helix has a 2nd season i believe as does Blacklist if i remember correctly.. i'm not optimistic about Intelligence though.

Intelligence is better than both those shows put together.

• Options

Helix didn't really do anything for me, but Blacklist has been pretty good largely thanks to James Spader. i've enjoyed Intelligence so far, but to be honest i wouldn't be at all beat up if it got cancelled. maybe it just needs more time to find its feet though, so i would like to see it get renewed on that basis alone.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That's all good news. I will resume watching those shows then.

• Options
    Could you maybe start watching all the reality/singing/dancing shows? K'thanks.

kyrcl.png
  • Options

Helix didn't really do anything for me, but Blacklist has been pretty good largely thanks to James Spader. i've enjoyed Intelligence so far, but to be honest i wouldn't be at all beat up if it got cancelled. maybe it just needs more time to find its feet though, so i would like to see it get renewed on that basis alone.

I can't take Blacklist's lead actress seriously. Riley is everything she should be.

7ae93f3199abe3291bd14f267e1a916a.jpg?itok=rE9IY0dG

• Options
    Could you maybe start watching all the reality/singing/dancing shows? K'thanks.

No, I cannot.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Almost Human has been trending on Facebook consistently ever since it was announced that it was canceled. Fox just doesn't get sci-fi. Hopefully another network or streaming service picks it up and continues the show. This was my favorite new show this season.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    No other service is going to pick it up, they didn't pick up the show to begin with, they aren't going to with its anemic audience.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Almost Human as a plot focused Netflix series would totally work and be cool. Almost Human as NCIS Future was not great.

• Options
    Well they should make NCIS Future.

Call it NCIS San Angeles.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    sadface

• Options
    NCIS Los Santos.

"Whelp, we've just started a new fiscal year and we're already out of money."

Or even worse...
    NCIS Steelport.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Well they should make NCIS Future.

Call it NCIS San Angeles.

and they would do what, investigate jaywalkers who were in a hurry to get to Taco Bell?