As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How [Chat] Werks! With Your Pal, Mr Werks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhx3j6jIggo

Say, Billy! Do you know how a [Chat] thread works?

Why sure, Mr Werks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LTSqslmw50

[Chat] threads are not like other D&D threads: Their Original Post (or "OP") may or may not be dedicated to a specific topic, but there is no obligation to remain only on that topic. These threads only exist with the permission of the Moderators of D&D, and we must take care not to abuse it. As long as you don't contravene the general board rules, you can talk about anything!

Wrong, Billy!

Huh?! But I thought-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_cZkXZWRGk

[Chat] threads are the culmination of harvesting the latent chaotic energies of the universe. For a comic like Penny Arcade to thrive, it must ensure most comics have a different subject. To ensure this happens without driving man into a Lovecraftian fervor of madness, the Dark Wizards Khoo and Tube open an Entropic Portal to the Realm of Chaos, and siphon its energies to give Mike & Jerry the power to keep changing the subject.

However, there is a run off of excess chaos energy that leaks into the forums. Most heavily impacted is Social Entropy, where it's quite difficult to maintain a coherent topic without large tangents. To prevent this happening to Debate and/or Discourse, the [Chat] thread was born! All the Chaotic Energy is channelled into one thread like a lightning rod, sometimes taking chunks of other threads to lay the seeds of conversation, but it allows us to maintain the impulse to go off on irrelevant tangents when we want to talk about movies or politics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjHaTckMUs

Lack of Obligation to remain on topic at Moderator Discretion? Deader than the Charleston, Billy! Just good old fashioned American Know-how!

The [Chat] Thread! Another

TRIUMPH!

OF!

INDUSTRY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aueHXtWm0U4

...what?!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i guess the steam sale is supposed to start today, huh

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I was halfway done with I'm In Love With A Jersey [chat]

Put it in my dropbox for a rainy day!

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    huh

well i have to say it was nice of the BBC to put a huge Family Guy season 12 spoiler in the title of a news article on the front goddamn page

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Too funny, best use of kinect yet.

http://i.imgur.com/xz3f11k.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    huh

well i have to say it was nice of the BBC to put a huge Family Guy season 12 spoiler in the title of a news article on the front goddamn page

It's something that's very difficult to talk about without giving it away.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Morn [chat]ters.

• Options
    Too funny, best use of kinect yet.

http://i.imgur.com/xz3f11k.jpg

Ooh, implementing that tech in most online talking systems would make them a pleasant place to live.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    VoM19iT.jpg

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    i wish i was the sort of person who could do a morning gym trip

right now i consider myself doing well if i get out of bed in time to be only slightly late

how much sleep do you get? are you going to bed at 9pm to be able to do these early starts or what?

The horrible traffic outside my flat will see me up no matter what by 5.30am - going to the gym before work is just making lemonade from those lemons rather than any high level of internal motivation. It helps the gym is just across the road too. Avoiding the congestion is nice for early starts too.

Generally tucked up in bed by 11pm on a work night?

• Options
    huh

It's something that's very difficult to talk about without giving it away.

they could not put it in the title and put a paragraph before the article saying "THPOILERTH" like they have every other time they've talked about a plot point in any show

this time they did neither

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »

right now i consider myself doing well if i get out of bed in time to be only slightly late

how much sleep do you get? are you going to bed at 9pm to be able to do these early starts or what?

The horrible traffic outside my flat will see me up no matter what by 5.30am - going to the gym before work is just making lemonade from those lemons rather than any high level of internal motivation. It helps the gym is just across the road too. Avoiding the congestion is nice for early starts too.

so, you're flying on around 6.5 hours of sleep a night?

i simply can't do that

• Options
    Six to seven hours of sleep is ok. I still can't manage to be in bed by 11pm. Thus, I sleep less.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Goddamn it's fucking dark here.

I didn't remember it was supposed to be that dark at 6:30 am...

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Six to seven hours of sleep is ok. I still can't manage to be in bed by 11pm. Thus, I sleep less.

it really isn't

not for me anyway

i can do it but it isn't worth it, i feel like shit and i drop about 40 IQ points if i keep it up for more than a couple of days

then i reach the weekend, spend the entire thing sleeping because im so exhausted, end up not going to bed until 3 am on Sunday night/Monday morning and i start the next week with a sleep deficit

or maybe I just have problems, from the sound of it I get an hour more sleep than the rest of you each night and I still feel like crap most of the time, last time I went to a doctor about it they took some blood and said “well we can tell you you don’t have hepatitis”

thanks Doc, good to know

• Options

i simply can't do that

If I don't sleep all of saturday or sunday morning to make up for it I tend to feel reeeeeally shitty but yes?

• Options

i simply can't do that

If I don't sleep all of saturday or sunday morning to make up for it I tend to feel reeeeeally shitty but yes?

i wish i could pull off that trick

but i cant "catch up" on sleep at the weekend

it just screws up my sleep scedule even more, when my sleep goes 6-6-6-6-6-12-12

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

it really isn't

not for me anyway

i can do it but it isn't worth it, i feel like shit and i drop about 40 IQ points if i keep it up for more than a couple of days

then i reach the weekend, spend the entire thing sleeping because im so exhausted, end up not going to bed until 3 am on Sunday night/Monday morning and i start the next week with a sleep deficit

or maybe I just have problems, from the sound of it I get an hour more sleep than the rest of you each night and I still feel like crap most of the time, last time I went to a doctor about it they took some blood and said “well we can tell you you don’t have hepatitis”

thanks Doc, good to know

Same for me, albeit with less sleep. And seemingly more IQ points to spare. :P

• Options
    i try to get at least seven hours. i feel best with 8-8.5.

and yeah, i 'feel' sleep deficits very acutely. i'm incredibly sensitive to them.

but i'm also sort of a morning person. when i ran cross country in high school i'd be on the road before dawn.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I've been sleeping badly lately. tossing and turning all night, waking up tired...

It's lame. :(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I skipped sleep today, to be able to go to bed early tonight. It worked, because I'm not getting super sleepy.

That may have been the five cups of coffee I've had.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    this is just an extreme version of the official medical advice of waking up earlier before trying to go to bed earlier

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    if i had a shred of will power, i would start a "no TV or PC after 10pm" policy

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

• Options

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

I curl up in bed with my laptop, fall asleep halfway through shows/games/talking to people with it still on.

• Options

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

wake up earlier, and you'll be tired earlier. Official(tm) advice.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

If we plotted a graph of Mojo's bed times you would see a trend for earlier and earlier. I'm level with where I was aged twelve or so now

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Steam sale today.

I...

I think i'll spend $50 000 on PC games again.

• Options
    Speaking of steam games...

Can i make a little contest for a steam game? Is that kosher in [chat]?

• Options
    edited November 2013

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

I curl up in bed with my laptop, fall asleep halfway through shows/games/talking to people with it still on.

a typical night for me is intending to go to bed at 11pm, mostly failing and falling asleep with the TV on sometime during the family guy/american dad double on BBC 3

i'd love to just get up earlier but i've spoken before about my problems waking up and getting out of bed before, they're still going strong

literally the only thing that can get me out of bed these days is looking at the clock and registering that if i don't get out of bed right the fuck now i'm going to be properly late for work

Casual on
  • Options

you did this previously, didn't you

i assume it'd still be fine

• Options

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

a typical night for me is intending to go to bed at 11pm, mostly failing and falling asleep with the TV on sometime during the family guy/american dad double on BBC 3

i'd love to just get up earlier but i've spoken before about my problems waking up and getting out of bed before, they're still going strong

literally the only thing that can get me out of bed these days is looking at the clock and registering that if i don't get out of bed right the fuck now i'm going to be properly late for work

I get the same thing!

Which is why I skip a night on occasion

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

you did this previously, didn't you

i assume it'd still be fine

It was its own thread.

I don't want to make a whole big thing contest, just give away one or two games to chatters.

• Options

PM mods for advice. They're usually cool with it if you talk to them beforehand.

• Options
    Also, in my daily morning stalking reports, i saw that you got in the Adventure Team, chu?

Right in the nick of time for free games, huh?

>__>

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Steam sale today.

I...

I think i'll spend $50 000 on PC games again.

oh...
    oh no....

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, in my daily morning stalking reports, i saw that you got in the Adventure Team, chu?

Right in the nick of time for free games, huh?

>__>

i thought that group was to find people to play multiplayer vidya with? is it linked to the free games people are giving away in that thread

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I go to bed between 11-12, then wake up about 630 to 7, which seems to work. The odd thing is I've become a proper morning person. I like getting up, making breakfast, mucking about for an hour or so, then I leave the house with a smile. It is really rather odd

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat] folks. It's going up to 11 with high winds and lots of rain today. Franky in Nova Scotia says I need to stock up on my pizza, chinese food and get my ipods and iphones charged.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I go to bed between 11-12, then wake up about 630 to 7, which seems to work. The odd thing is I've become a proper morning person. I like getting up, making breakfast, mucking about for an hour or so, then I leave the house with a smile. It is really rather odd

I'm normally in bed around 12-12:30 but last night I wound up staying up til 1:30 as I was going back and looking at all the agrees/awesomes I had here. Well, not so much time on awesomes...>_> I've come to a conclusion. I don't say a lot of stuff that gets agreed/awesome'd but I tend to have an almost Chandler'esque style of humour at times. Only with more penis jokes and such.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

but i caaaaaaaaaan't

I get the same thing!

Which is why I skip a night on occasion

skipping a night isn't really doable for people who work from Mon-Fri

alas my care free (lol) student days are a thing of the past

This discussion has been closed.