As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stuffing/Dressing Day

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    And thank you to @Theroadvirus for introducing me to Rumchata. Most delicious shot I've ever had.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    TWO PUMPKIN PIES

TWO

For yeeeears pumpkin pie was my favorite. But a couple years ago I was really quite ill around Thanksgiving, including nausea, but ate some thanksgiving fare anyway, and nearly threw up from the pumpkin pie. Now? I can barely stand to eat it without feeling sick again, and it makes me super sad :(

I have this with coleslaw, after I got norovirus and threw up that day's lunch which had been a ham and coleslaw sandwich.

It's not helped by the fact that coleslaw basically looks like vomit anyway.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Well I did have a lovely half of a pumpkin pie left over until the cat climbed up on the counter and stuck her tail in it

RIP, pie

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I went to a Vegan/Vegetarian thanksgiving last night

everything was so good and I ate myself into oblivion.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if this got posted but it is delightful

http://storify.com/EliLanger/this-man-is-hilariously-live-tweeting-his-flight-n

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I just placed a large slice of apple pie on top of a large slice of cheesecake, so now every bite is a delicious explosion. I call it: cheepple pie

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Aw man. The Black Friday injury counter went way up and we're only halfway through the day.

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I had my turkey on toast and now I'm content for another 365 days.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I got to work a half day today wheeeee

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I had my turkey on toast and now I'm content for another 365 days.

Why have I never considered this before?

... WHY IS THERE NO BREAD IN THE HOUSE?!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Aw man. The Black Friday injury counter went way up and we're only halfway through the day.

Fucking hell, the Toys-R-Us double murder is pretty damming evidence that an armed society is not necessarily a polite society.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    helped cook all morning yesterday, played some carcassone, listened to tunes, watched home alone, Just Dance 4'd, drank brews and tried moonshine, played 1000 blank index cards, and had turkey din din with 17 friends yesterday

I think it's safe to say thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday

I feel a little bad that it only happened once I stopped having it with my family and started having it with friends, buuuut

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Fucking hell, the Toys-R-Us double murder is pretty damming evidence that an armed society is not necessarily a polite society.

Workers getting trampled to death is a sure sign that maybe we should be paying these people more since it seems their actual lives are on the line.

My girlfriend work at the local Wal-Mart in the bakery, doors opened at 6 last night while she was there. She said it was insane chaos. A girl watching a pallet of shitty RCA tablets got knocked down and basically had the shit kicked out of her. When the dust cleared the whole pallet was empty. Its ok though, there were two more right behind her that not a single shopper touched

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they were dolling out lefovers so I grabbed the turkey wings

why did I not have these before

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Let me tell you all about the best thing to happen to roasted turkey

the noble hot brown

you take some bread and some turkey and some bacon, and then you top all that with a Parmesan cheese sauce, and then you broil it until it's all hot and delicious and browned on top, and then you serve it with tomatoes to pretend there's nutritional value anywhere in there

also my experience with black Friday, the twice I have gone out, is generally polite and if not positive at least not negative... but I don't go out right when stores open, so that may be part of it as well

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Langly wrote: »

this guy sure seems like kind of an asshole

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    He does but that lady seems like a butt too so probably it's a wash

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If you have never considered being an asshole in retaliation for someone else being an asshole then you're a better person than me. I thought that whole thing was magnificent.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    "An ass for an ass leaves the whole world shitty" -- Ghandi

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    There's a big difference between thinking about something and doing it. I'm glad she slapped him, honestly, I think you cede the high ground when you start telling people to eat your dick

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Kill em with kindness, I say.

She's being an unreasonable ass and stressing everybody out including the people who are at work while she's trying to get home

She deserves some perspective, but not like that.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If someone's being reprehensible like that woman was it reflects a profound lack of empathy and awareness of her surroundings. Being nice wouldn't work because other people have already tried that and she responded with more selfish awful behavior. I don't think it's out of line for someone to say "bitch step off, we've all got problems," just to make it clear that the way she's acting is out of line and not acceptable to her immediate community. You can argue that he was too harsh and I wouldn't personally have told her to eat a dick but I strongly agree with the sentiment.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    everything after the wine really stops being "we've all got problems lady" and starts becoming "I'm gonna antagonize another person who can't get away from me"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    A curt word at the start of this would have been justified and very possibly might have worked. It also wouldn't even have included being a jerk to her necessarily.

That guy instead opted to spend several hours antagonizing someone.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    A quick "fuck off" from another passenger would have gotten the same point across faster.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    i think that guy crossed crossed well over into "unacceptable" but on the other hand, i reeeeaaaallllyyy doubt someone who is 40-50+ and going "why doesn't the whole world care about MY problem?" is going to get some new understanding from a short word or two.

a pox for both, i say.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Weaver and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a food coma nap. He's on his way home now. I died from eating too much good food.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    everything after the wine really stops being "we've all got problems lady" and starts becoming "I'm gonna antagonize another person who can't get away from me"

Yeah, the story stopped being funny after the wine and started just being mean spirited. Until that though it was pretty damn amusing to read.

• Options
    It was hilarious the whole way through.

Who cares if a terrible person has someone be mean to them?

• Options

Um... as someone who isn't exactly a fan of bullies in any form, I do. Yes, the woman is self-centered and conceited. But all the dude is doing is escalating. It's the airline's place to deal with unruly passengers, not ours.

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    Dfw this is water

Also antagonizing someone (even someone who's being a goose at the moment) with social media in mind makes you a huge tool

• Options

Um... as someone who isn't exactly a fan of bullies in any form, I do. Yes, the woman is self-centered and conceited. But all the dude is doing is escalating. It's the airline's place to deal with unruly passengers, not ours.

He passed her some notes.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Well after it was all over she assaulted him so

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    this is all assuming the whole thing even happened and wasn't just fabricated for hits

Crimson King on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Because words never hurt anyone right

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    this is all assuming the whole thing even happened and wasn't just fabricated for hits

Nothing on the Internet is real

• Options

Because words never hurt anyone right

They hurt less than assault, yeah

• Options
    Also you realize if it is true she was verbally harassing the airline employees?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Weaver and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a food coma nap. He's on his way home now. I died from eating too much good food.

I met her this morning with a bouquet of roses and we had a good time. While her parents were finishing up dinner (I offered to help but they like to do things themselves) I sat on the couch in the living room watching Gladiator while Nuka traded pokemons with her sister. Nerdsgiving!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also I got invited over for Christmas!