As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do new PS3s come with an HDMI cable?

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
If not, wheres the best place to get on online?

oHw5R0V.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It does. Otherwise how are you supposed to connect it to your television?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I remember way back, people were buying cheap HDMI cables because stuff that needed them didn't come with them.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Actually, current PS3 packages do not come with an HDMI cable. They used to ship it with one, but cut it out (only shipping with a composite AV cable) back when they were cutting costs wherever they could, around 2011. As far as where to buy an HDMI cable, go to Amazon or Monoprice and buy a cheap cable. It's a digital signal, so as long as the cable works (and cheap ones should work great) then you're getting the best picture and audio quality out of it.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Really? Damn. I even got a really nice Cat5e ethernet cable with mine.

• Options
    RetonReton Registered User new member
    Actually, current PS3 packages do not come with an HDMI cable. They used to ship it with one, but cut it out (only shipping with a composite AV cable) back when they were cutting costs wherever they could, around 2011. As far as where to buy an HDMI cable, go to Amazon or Monoprice and buy a cheap cable. It's a digital signal, so as long as the cable works (and cheap ones should work great) then you're getting the best picture and audio quality out of it.

+1 to Monoprice they have Monster cable quality (Gold plated and insulated, basically the thing is not flimsy) with very good pricing.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3992&seq=1

Get like... 6.

You'll still save money, and if one's broken, you've got 5 more to replace it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Newegg also has very good prices on HDMI cables, many of them have free shipping too. Monoprice has good prices but the shipping often kills lots of the savings. Good place to go if you need 100ft of ethernet cable though!

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png