Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The PA Report - Living with the Xbox One: Thoughts after the launch

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

imageThe PA Report - Living with the Xbox One: Thoughts after the launch

We’re past the point where video game consoles are just pieces of hardware for games. The PlayStation 4 may be less expensive than the Xbox One and more focused on games, but it’s still filled with features that betray Sony’s desire for the system to be given a prominent place in your home theater.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• The Bad VoodooThe Bad Voodoo Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Ben! Hope you had a good holiday. :) Nice to have you back, i didn't have any reliable gaming news to mainline!

• BrohameBrohame Registered User regular
    Yep keep the beta testing up. Please give another update about 6 months from now.

• JaffaJaffa Registered User regular
    Oh thank God, I thought you'd been eaten by bears or Sasquatch or something. Welcome back!

• pasmithpasmith Registered User regular
    I find that when I snap video it really stutters a lot. Maybe that's just with live TV? I tend to snap football games during commercial breaks in order to, yup, play PowerStar Golf.

Also PLEASE let us control volumes of the two apps separately. Right now both running services run at full volume and it becomes just noise. I guess if you're doing 2 apps you can go into the settings and turn them down, but when one of the apps is live TV you don't have that choice.

I have come to LOVE the voice commands, as has my girlfriend. We did have a problem with responsiveness degrading over a few days and they finally stopped working, but a reboot cleared that up. Yup, it's a windows product...trying turning it off and on. :)

I bought the XB1 because I buy every console so I can offer hands-on opinions of them, but I was a total PS3 fanboy going into it and expected the XB1 to be a hot mess, but I've been very surprised by how much I'm enjoying it.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Hey Ben - what do you think about the fact that the way the cable passthrough works effectively forces people to use the XBox whenever they want to watch TV? GB made a good point on their podcast this week - while having the XBox always on and the primary interface is probably fine for core gamers, it might be a pain in the ass for the rest of the family.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BrinkmanBrinkman Registered User regular
    I'm too busy playing Steam games to care ;)

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    I wonder how often Microsoft plan to update the Xbox One. With the Xbox 360, wasn't it 4 times a year? I wonder if they will stick to that schedule, or update more frequently?

• nturchinnturchin Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to hear Ben say that kinect is becoming an integral part of the user interaction for him. I'm finding myself using it less and less, and the XBox even recognizes my voice readily. In general, I'm finding the Kinect's convenience to frustration ratio to be barely over 1. For instance, while it's nice to be able to say 'XBox On', I still have to walk over to my controller and hold the button to turn it on... had I just done that in the first place, the whole process would have been faster.

In general, the voice commands are very reliable. Unless of course there's someone else in this room or even the next room over who is also speaking at the same time. I'm not going to first command my family to silence so that daddy can talk to his console. So, for this reason, in general I'm finding myself trending away from voice commands over all.

While I can pause DVD and BluRay via voice command (which I really do appreciate--nobody else is talking while we're watching movies), I still can't bring up a disc menu via voice. So in order to watch a movie, I still can't do it without a controller. Here's an area where I expect they'll add more features over time. I'd be really happy if the software develops to the point where I can insert a disc, ask it bring up a menu, and either tell it to play, or go to scene select all without a controller.

I still need to live with the kinect-login feature for a while more to form a valid opinion on it. I spent lots of time last week, trying to get it to work for my daughter... but ultimately, so long as kinect-login is enabled for her, it will always recognize ME as her (there's a 3ft difference in height between us BTW). So long as it's disabled for her, it usually works at recognizing me (does a great job with my son). The other night I sat down to play some Forza, and I sat, and sat, and sat, waiting for it to recognize me so I could enter the game. It then occurred to me, if the system had just prompted me to select a user account at startup, I would already be logged in. I don't think there's any case where kinect-login is faster than a simple prompt for user account, and I think there's many where it's slower.

I've had several instances where single player games refuse to let me continue playing because they THINK another player is currently holding the control, and my account/controller pair is therefore "disconnected". That might be something I need to learn to manage better and maybe I'll get better at that in the future. Currently it's a source of frustration.

Overall, I don't regret owning Kinect 2.0. And that's a big improvement over Kinect 1.0. After a little over a week of use, I'm finding myself trending away from using it, but there are definitely moments where I'm finding it useful and appreciate it being there.

• TiberiusEsuriensTiberiusEsuriens Registered User regular
    @JAFFA
    I lol'ed, but agree. It's been freakishly silent on PAR lately.

@BRINKMAN
    Same. Snapping Netflix to the side as an extra small window is kinda neat I guess, but I've been both 1080p gaming and watching 1080p Netflix for years thanks to a 28" dual monitor setup. Heck, if I'm doing that while playing an MMO I could throw on my wireless headset and separate all audio input/output into distinct channels, as not to confuse the microphone or those I play with.

PC has been able to do that for umpteen years, but I guess it's neat that the snap functionality is now available for anyone out-of-the-box, and for slightly cheaper than getting a beefy graphics card and extra monitor. For those that already are pro-PC Xbone is just silly, but for those that haven't invested in a good PC yet the console gives a decent enough reason to not bother.

• csdxcsdx Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    "The ability to share real names on the PlayStation 4 has become one of my favorite features of that console"

Can you expand on this somewhat cryptic statement? Why is this an amazing feature? As someone sitting without either console I'm not really seeing why this is a "must steal" feature. If anything I recall a huge backlash against Blizzard when they added a "real name" system to their games, what's different about this?

csdx on
  • SekkyoSekkyo Registered User regular
    The lack of HDMI-CEC at launch (and now Microsoft won't even commit to its availability) is really holding the Xbox One back from being able to be the launch control of your entire home theater. Hopefully this will be addressed and available soon, because IR blasters are ridiculously unreliable and a pain to deal with.

• mitEjmitEj Registered User regular
    @Grundlestiltskin I run my cable through my Xbox one and I have to be honest I am loving the voice commands for that instead of using the Cable Remote. All I want is more DVR functions in there and I will be happier.

• A Concerned CitizenA Concerned Citizen Registered User regular
    "Remember that the Xbox 360 at launch was nothing like the system we're used to; these systems are going to be updated, changed, adjusted, and improved..."

I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there. The original 360 interface was clean, easy to navigate, gorgeous, and just better in every way compared to the current UI and the XB1 UI. Adding Kinect support would have been easier and more intuitive to the blade system as well. So while no doubt it will be updated, changed, and adjusted, the improved part seems highly suspect judging from past experience with MS and not just on their consoles. (XP to Vista, Win 7 to Win 8?)

• ubergineubergine Registered User regular
    I'm always baffled when a sequel to a game, program or hardware simply dumps the design aspects of the previous that worked so well and changes things for absolutely no reason, instead of building on the established foundation. If it's made different just to be different, not better, them it is probably worse. I no longer rush into a new sequel or hardware revision in the belief they can't screw it up. They can and so often do, whoever it is.

• beetnemesisbeetnemesis Registered User regular
    What do you use "the ability to share real names" for? I can't really picture this being a good feature, at all- either I'm playing with strangers, in which case I definitely do NOT want my real name out, or I'm playing with friends, who already know it.

Only thing I can think of is if you have a lot of friends or a semi-public persona, and so you are simply unable to memorize the handles of the vast number of people you deal with.

• monsterbreathmonsterbreath Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @A CONCERNED CITIZEN And I'm going to stop you right there. The only thing the blades UI had going for it was that it was before Live became an ad platform. The blades looked clean, but they still had submenus upon submenus. They were also incredibly, ridiculously slow.

When I started getting annoyed with the current 360 UI I thought the same thing. Then I took off the rose glasses and actually thought about it. The blades sucked.

monsterbreath on
  • nturchinnturchin Registered User regular
    @SEKKYO You're absolutely correct, in fact, there's A LOT of functionality XBoxOne overlooked in the universal remote department. Which is really sad, because that could have been their hook in to the position as 'center of the living room.' XBoxOne's remote functions are comparable to the WiiU's, I would describe them both as remote-like functions, hardly enough to start actually replacing any remotes in the living room.

First of all, there's the IR code database... they certainly don't have codes for my audio equipment. That's not hard, the codes aren't secret, they're published by the manufacturers, put an intern on it for a couple weeks.

Secondly, why can't the XBox learn codes? It has an IR camera right?

Third, notice how they left out the ability to change input on your TV? They are so dogmatic about not wanting you to switch the TV input off the XBox, they actually left that feature out of the remote control! I don't know about you guys, but I have other devices connected to my TV (360 & WiiU in my case).

The potential for XBoxOne as a universal remote is astronomical! All the hardware pieces are in place, at this point, it's only a lack of software. They could crowdsource the IR codes, they could support macros and allow users to share their macro programs. It really could be amazing.

However, these sort of functions would need to be latent in the background of all other software, so it would have to probably be written in the OS--meaning we can't count on some intrepid app designer to bring it all together. We have to wait on Microsoft management to prioritize it.

• SiddownSiddown Registered User regular
    Only thing I can think of is if you have a lot of friends or a semi-public persona, and so you are simply unable to memorize the handles of the vast number of people you deal with.

I don't know what Ben meant, but this is plenty reason enough. Especially with the PS4 where you can't change your name, to be able to just look for "Steve Jones" instead of "DRAKESTUDD123" is a nice improvement. My friends list is a mix of moronic handles that people came up with a decade ago, most of which have zero meaning anymore.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    @BEETNEMESIS - I think it's more that not everyone on your friends list will be someone you met on the internet. A good number of them may be people we know in real life, and it's easier to keep track of real names than which friend of a friend is DeathAngelXx2.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • mrthewhitemrthewhite Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @BEETNEMESIS Personally I think the real names will add an element of accountability to what people say and do online. Time will tell if my theory pans out but my thinking is no one knows who DickBaller69 is so when he calls you the "N" word he's just another asshole on the internet but when you're playing with Steve Jones I think he's more likely to act like a human being. Real names make people more real and I believe will make them act like they would in a normal public situation.

I also don't believe this will be in any way connected to any real action you might or might not be able to take against real name people (filing complaints etc.). I think just the knowledge that their real name is known will make most people feel they need to improve their behavior or maintain their good behavior.

mrthewhite on
  • PoomerPoomer ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    It appears that the Xbox has some sort of voice learning algorithms. At first I noticed I had to strictly articulate my speech, but as I have been using it over the past week, it’s gotten to learn my voice. Now it appears I can even slur a little bit. Just to test it out I spoke to the Xbox with quite a few beers in me and it was able to keep up for the most part.

The learning algorithm seems to have hit a brick wall when I shaved/trimmed my No-shavember beard. *dramatically sad music of the romance kind* It’s like Xbox didn’t even recognize me anymore; After all the fun times we had last week. Right now, I’m back to articulated speech, but I expect we’ll be good drinkin’ buddies again by the end of the week.

Note: The beard trim also messed with the facial recognition, as expected.

Poomer on
  • katana-katana- Registered User regular
    @nturchin the frame rate of a camera is usually about 100-1000 times too slow to detect IR codes. Most IR remotes operate 10-100khz range. I would be extremely surprised if the IR camera in the Kinect operated at more than 60 hz.

• Casey ReeceCasey Reece Registered User regular
    All this "King of the Living Room" stuff detracts from what I would guess the core concept of the machine should be: playing games.

The Microsoft I enjoy is the Microsoft that has to fight, tooth, nail, and a bag full of the teeth and nails it's already lost. When their entrance to a market is in question - when their position of power is not definite - when they aren't the ones actually calling the shots - having those Microsoft products around will bring a net positive outcome.

The Microsoft I don't enjoy is the Microsoft that doesn't have to fight, instead spending its time on the throne, readjusting its crown and growing bored with the lack of action. "Raise the taxes!" he'll cry, "Levy more tolls and charge points!" The stains of wine proliferating his shirt, looking wildly, longingly at his subjects, wondering out loud if he should exercise mercy or cruelty on them.

I've already got a living-room centric device. It's called a lap-top. If I want movies - plug it in to the T.V. If I want music - it's there. If I want games. Ditto. Communication. You betcha. If there's a service, program, or social event available anywhere in the world, I'll be able to see it through my television because it's coming to me from my lap-top.

If you want a lap-top for a "media centre," then it gives you what you need. You don't need to spend $500 to do it.

Not only this - but what's with the love of cable boxes? I mean - now you can hook that crap up into your X-Box One - but, who cares?

Increasingly I'm seeing a true divide in the technological world. There are the "old" generation - who love physical objects - view television as its own "thing" rather than just another option in an increasingly connected world - and generally enjoy having different products being in charge of different responsibilities (Blu-Rays, DVDs, VHS . . .).

Then there's the "new" generation - who love digital products - view television as the grandpa of Youtube - and generally enjoy having different products ending after a dot (.mp3, .wav, etc. etc.).

I know that in most households, with a combination of the new and old generations, a mixture of these features would make sense. Something new and current enough to feel energetic for little Jimmy, but old and familiar enough to be used by Jimmy Sr.

But, as far as I can tell, the basic functionality and plethora of options I have with my lap-top isn't even lightly touched by what the X-Bone can handle with its one HDMI port. Anyone interested in the way things work now just needs a lap-top and a television - nothing more. I really don't see one ACTUAL advantage of having everything go through the X-Bone, other than that they would really like you to have their machine on all the time, collecting the data on everything you tell it to watch, listen to, or play.

This thing appears to me like a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I'd like to point out a couple games I would just -NEED- to play on this thing - but that doesn't really seem to be the point any more. Now I can watch movies while I'm playing my games. Great. I could do that before. It might take four seconds longer because I need to push a button or two - but it was definitely possible.

Now I get to do it all four seconds faster! While allowing Microsoft to gather all my personal and financial data! While paying an extra $500! Be sure to stop me any time when the exclamation points become overtly sarcastic in their enthusiasm.

• maplebeemaplebee Registered User regular
    Much as I would hope allowing real names would cut down on the assholery of XBL by shelving the anonymity, as a teacher who would never want to run into students on an online game, the ability to share my real name is never going to be something I want. (If there's ever a day it becomes mandatory I will have to consider canceling my XBL - I don't want to find out what kind of mess a teacher could get into after playing games online with their students, even if it's accidental). Doubly so being a female gamer and with the current climate of a loud minority of male gamers targeting women's real-life personal information as a way to harass and threaten them.

I love the idea of being able to switch between games - especially if one has a good enough connection to download everything digitally. Goodbye loud, grinding HDD! Goodbye clutter of all the game boxes in my small apartment! But then again my building hasn't moved to fibre op, so we're stuck on some pretty sloggy high speed. It's good for online gaming, but terrible for downloading.

I've never bought a gaming console for its hardware - I've always bought them for their exclusives. Currently I have absolutely no PS4 titles on my radar that I would want to buy, but a number of XBone titles (doubly so the exclusives) that I'm very much looking forward to. I haven't ruled it out that I won't choose an XBone when the time comes, but my PS3 is just a glorified Blu-ray player that has only been used twice for games in the 4 years I've owned it (Journey and Last of Us), and the PS4 doesn't look like it's offering anything to break that pattern. I'm also firmly in the camp of abhorring the PS3 controllers, though I could say I grew up on a PS2. After years of being mostly on an XBox, the XBox controllers are far more comfortable in my hands. I've heard the PS4 controllers are better, but still not as comfortable as the XBox ones for those that prefer the latter.

All-in-all I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the consoles have turned into by next spring, when more games will be out that aren't just cross-generations, and when the exclusives start to properly showcase their respective hardware.

• dbrowdydbrowdy Registered User regular
    @POOMER: You just blew my mind! I couldn't figure out why it stopped recognizing me, but it ALWAYS recognizes my wife. Hello, facial hair changes!

Weird though, I think that's a major thing to overlook in the programming. I tend to change up my facial hair pretty regularly (goatee for a month or two, clean shaven for a few weeks, full beard for a month or two, etc). I don't want to have to redo my Xbone sign-in once a week. :(

Regarding living with the XBone, and keep in mind I've had all three previous Playstations and never owned any Xbox, I like the interface. It's much more useable than the PS3. I love the voice commands (and my 15-month-old son is very close to having "xbox" be his next new word... it's adorable watching him try to talk to the TV like I do!). I can definitely see there are some problems with the snapping and partying, but once the party is all set up, it works great. Coming from a PS3, I think having cross-game party chat is the bee's knees!

I do hate that they charge you an extra $25 to be able to have rechargeable batteries in the controller. And the headset that comes with it is an absolute joke, which means I'm spending more money on a third-party item. But overall, those are relatively minor things next to the overall user-experience.

So far, I've got no regrets in choosing the Xbone over the PS4, though to be fair I've had no face time with the PS4 yet. On an absolute scale (i.e. not relative to the PS4), I'd say it's $500 well-spent.

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    "Taking a step back" is standard these days it seems. (Don't forget that an easily replaceable hard drive was a feature of the 360, an upgrade over the original XBox, which the One takes a step back on as well.) The PS4 lacks the media streaming from the PS3. The Wii U online store lacks "gift giving" from the original Wii store. (And in a weird example, while the original Wii, DSi, and 3DS downloads games in an immediately usable form, the Wii U has an "install" phase after the download. I'm not sure why this is, unless the original download is in some compressed form.)

Dark Jaguar on
  • NerjeNerje Registered User regular
    I'm still absolutely flummoxed by the attitude that "all this extra stuff detract from games" and "it should only be for games because it's a console". Seriously.

XBox 360 surged through the latter half of its lifespan by adapting to the broader customer demographic that uses the living room. There is actual market evidence that a console should not just cater to the gamer. There's a much stronger logical argument that as much of the living room as possible should be managed by one machine. It makes sense, and if you've ever used a console for Netflix or watching a DVD, then you should really understand that outright.

Also, this argument about PCs being able to do all this stuff already, well this boggles my mind too. Great, so your PC does it all. But Microsoft are working toward bringing that functionality to the couch and television which you share with your girlfriend, your husband, your parents, your children. Xbox is for everyone and for everything. In time, that attitude will prevail over Sony's apt but incredibly limited scope. Gaming is not so much of a niche anymore. We are not in basements and studies being outcasts and lepers. It's time to grow up and understand that we are no longer a special exception.

Plus, HD skype in the living room. I now live with my girlfriend and her sister. Introducing this new family of mine to my nan, my mum, and others who live in different cities was a comfortable and joyous experience which almost validates the 600 I spent by itself. I couldn't imagine having done that in a cramped office setup with them looking over my shoulder.

A machine that surfs the net, does HD skype, watches television and DVDs, has a relevant and growing suite of apps, and is designed for the living room with a more than functional hands-free interface... That machine is worth 500 bucks alone.

I don't know about you but I think an extra 100 dollars so it can play next-gen games is something I can go for.

• MachinesMachines Registered User regular
    @Nerje
    I think you're confusing logical arguments for economical ones. It makes money, it doesn't make sense. Buying into an Xbox now hands over your media privileges to Microsoft, who have a poor track record of correctly handling such responsibility. Remember the 360?

As for sharing, thanks to HDMI basically any modern television is compatible with basically any modern PC. I guess it's personal preference if you don't like the idea of manually installing a webcam, but it's hardly mind-boggling that some people would prefer it.

• SiddownSiddown Registered User regular
    maplebee wrote:
    Much as I would hope allowing real names would cut down on the assholery of XBL by shelving the anonymity, as a teacher who would never want to run into students on an online game, the ability to share my real name is never going to be something I want.

You know, rather than just making a bunch of assumptions about how it work for the PS4 you could just spend a few minutes and Google the PS4 system and find out more about it.

Here is how it works:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/11/real-name-requests-and-other-ways-you-ll-connect-with-friends-on-playstation-4.aspx

The part you seemed to be concerned with is this:
    You'll have the option to approve or decline that, so you'll only be sharing your name with people you know. You never need to give anyone your real name if you don't want to.

There's no way Sony would build the system so your name is just out there to everyone on the PSN.

@machines

and I guess grandma will just love using the keyboard and mouse of a PC, then a remote control for the television, and then all the maintenance requirements that come with computing.

you're still thinking like a geek/gamer. UI is king.

• dbrowdydbrowdy Registered User regular
    @SIDDOWN: "There's no way Sony would build the system so your name is just out there to everyone on the PSN."

Thanks for the good laugh; I really needed it after this day at work. :)

I just wanted to add that I think all the extra internet, and apps, and operating system on the PC detracts from its ability to play games.

• metalsonic_69metalsonic_69 Registered User regular
    "catch up with some shows on Netflix while I’m also playing Killer Instinct."

Please tell me this is a joke and no one actually does this. I can't imagine any situation in which this wouldn't significantly negatively affect both experiences.

• ScabiesScabies Registered User regular
    So aside from the Kinect buy-in, the best thing about Xbox One is how PS4-like it might be someday?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GunganGungan Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @NERJE

Yeah, cuz grandma has any idea how to work an Xbone. The first time the voice recognition fails or it dials the wrong person is the last time grandma tries to Skype. Of course, grandma has her own Xbone login for which she was perfectly willing to train the voice/face recognition... Bwahahahaha. She can for sure remember all the voice commands too. As if there has ever been a grandma that has used any kind of technology without someone more tech savvy holding their hand through it.

Future grandparents will be able to use a PC just fine.

Gungan on
  • desolation0desolation0 Registered User regular
    @GUNGAN You are seriously underestimating the geriatric community. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPX_7COhe0k6zeZ6dxL1EMw

• metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    Thanks for reconfirming my decision to wait at least a year before even considering buying an Xbone. It had largely to do with the fact that I get a 25% discount voucher for working on Thanksgiving (which I will get again next year), but the UI thing is a significant point of contention. I'll just hang back and play my Wii U and 360 for the time being.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Casey ReeceCasey Reece Registered User regular
    @Nerje: "Plus, HD skype in the living room. I now live with my girlfriend and her sister. Introducing this new family of mine to my nan, my mum, and others who live in different cities was a comfortable and joyous experience which almost validates the 600 I spent by itself. I couldn't imagine having done that in a cramped office setup with them looking over my shoulder."

Wow. Welcome to 2003. Guess what - all that grand functionality you were talking about with your gigantic $500 machine - I've got all that in a smart-phone. Not only that - the smart-phone hooks up to the television too! HD movies? No problem. Instant net access? You got it. Voice recognition - if it's not there - it'll be super-soon.

Looks like I just managed to take your entire machine's functionality, and shrink it down a thousand times, like a wizard, and put it in my pocket. Hmmm . . . I wonder which of these options truly represents a future that people can go for.

To mention nothing of the Google Glass - or likewise competitors - that will most likely be bringing ARG style elements to real-life events, in video-gaming form. Alongside allowing you to both download movies and watch them with your face.

But then again! It's the X-Bone! But, according to you . . .

"I'm still absolutely flummoxed by the attitude that "all this extra stuff detract from games" and "it should only be for games because it's a console"."

Sorry. But video game consoles are video game consoles. In that respect - shouldn't the emphasis be on the games? Like, I can respect additional functionality, but when they unabashedly tell you to your face that, "We want to be your main living room gate-keeper!" when the last console UI they gate-keeper'd ended up forcing the entirety of its viewing population to choke down ads. Not an ad or two, here or there. But, like, a literal buffet of ads. Nothing but ads, as far as the eye could see. You're almost tricked into clicking one or two of them, just by telling yourself that, "Damn! One of these icons has to contain something I already own!" If warriors join the festival of the damned when they pass on through this life, we encounter the festival of the ads when we pass through Microsoft's service.

To mention nothing of how Microsoft had plans with the NSA that when you talked to your X-Bone, a government agent very well could respond.

It's Microsoft. If I need to tell you that handing over the keys to your living room to these jokers might end poorly for you, then, like, I'd literally need a time machine to show you everything you've missed these past twenty years.

• GunganGungan Registered User regular
    @DESOLATION0

The exception is not the rule. Not for at least 1 more generation.

• OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    The first system I ever owned from launch (and the last) was a PS2 (my uncle was a manager at Target and got me one). That taught me back in middle school that launch systems are a no-no. Glad to see basically every system launch since has confirmed this wisdom.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.