As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF4] 100% of servers now running 24/7 Meatro. We've come full circle.

19495969798100»

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does anyone play on PS4?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Is there no way to change views inside of vehicles? Classic control seems impossible without being able to do so.

Also, I hate how if you accidentally melee when you try to fire your weapon again you just kind of flail uselessly at the person shooting you.

C to change views

Xbox one. I swear I hit every button on the controller. And steering was impossible in the default view, my view would look around, almost in the back seat, while the vehicle slowly turned. Went back to default controls. Thought coming from BF4, where I had everything on legacy sticks, legacy/classic would have been the most comfortable.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Redbox'd Hardline last night for the PS4. Boy, what a piece of shit. The graphics sure are nice, though. My only real exposure to the BF series was BF4, which I put an ungodly amount of hours into, so maybe it's more like the previous entries, but damn...I just hated pretty much every second of it.

There's no weight to the movement anymore, the guns all feel the same, the pace is quickened way too much, and it just seems like a fan mod for BF4 or something.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Redbox'd Hardline last night for the PS4. Boy, what a piece of shit. The graphics sure are nice, though. My only real exposure to the BF series was BF4, which I put an ungodly amount of hours into, so maybe it's more like the previous entries, but damn...I just hated pretty much every second of it.

There's no weight to the movement anymore, the guns all feel the same, the pace is quickened way too much, and it just seems like a fan mod for BF4 or something.

well, that is kind of what it is.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Well yeah, I know. I'm just glad I didn't buy it.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Kinda tempted by it. Buzz is getting pretty good.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    It isn't perfect but im having a blast with hotwire and blood money.

Calling the game a 'piece of shit' sure is an opinion. Opinions are fine but maybe it would have been more accurate to say it didnt click with you. The game is not poorly made.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My opinion is that it's a piece of shit. Gameplay wise, compared to what I've played in the Battlefield series, I think it's a piece of shit.

cr0w on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular

PS4 must be very different than the PC.

BF4 and Hardline feel pretty different to me. Including when it comes to guns. The guns aren't all the same... There are four classes, and they differ in weapons more than any other BF game I've played except maybe BF1942: The engineer has a short range submachine gun, the healer has a mid-rage carbine, the ammo guy has a shotgun, and the sniper guy has a sniper rifle. Thats as different as you get in a game set in the modern era.. And they all feel really, really different.

And did you try Hotwire? Hotwire is the mode this game was made for I think. It's very different from BF4... All about getting in a car, driving it at high speed, taking out the other guys in high-speed car chases.

Honestly the game this feels most similar to is Battlefield: Bad Company. Small scale maps, no jets, no superheavy tanks. And even then it's pretty different.

My one criticism of the game are the maps... They haven't quite got the maps right IMO... They should take a look at some of Bad Company's maps, I think.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

BF4 and Hardline feel pretty different to me. Including when it comes to guns. The guns aren't all the same... There are four classes, and they differ in weapons more than any other BF game I've played except maybe BF1942: The engineer has a short range submachine gun, the healer has a mid-rage carbine, the ammo guy has a shotgun, and the sniper guy has a sniper rifle. Thats as different as you get in a game set in the modern era.. And they all feel really, really different.

And did you try Hotwire? Hotwire is the mode this game was made for I think. It's very different from BF4... All about getting in a car, driving it at high speed, taking out the other guys in high-speed car chases.

Honestly the game this feels most similar to is Battlefield: Bad Company. Small scale maps, no jets, no superheavy tanks. And even then it's pretty different.

My one criticism of the game are the maps... They haven't quite got the maps right IMO... They should take a look at some of Bad Company's maps, I think.

Are the maps in the full version different than in the beta? I liked the concept of Hotwire, but the cramped maps just made it feel silly. You just drove in circles around the same couple of city blocks shooting each other.

Maybe I'm spoiled from GTA, but a cop chase should be about going really fast over a big map. On the Nevada/Inland Desert shithole map, there's an entire desert full of cinematic chase possibilities, but it's "Game Over" if you try to take advantage of it.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular

Are the maps in the full version different than in the beta? I liked the concept of Hotwire, but the cramped maps just made it feel silly. You just drove in circles around the same couple of city blocks shooting each other.

Maybe I'm spoiled from GTA, but a cop chase should be about going really fast over a big map. On the Nevada/Inland Desert shithole map, there's an entire desert full of cinematic chase possibilities, but it's "Game Over" if you try to take advantage of it.

the only reason to play hotwire is to slap on a 200% objective boost so you can grind out a bunch of money early to unlock weapons and shit.

Otherwise yeah it is driving around in a small circle.

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I find the maps to be excellent. They capture the intensity and feel of 32 player Conquest from BF:BC 2 & Vietnam, just for 64 players - amongst other things. Some say it's a clusterfuck, but unlike Locker and Metro, it always kept the game flowing, rather than getting completely gridlocked.

Obviously they work great in smaller teamsize modes, but it's astonishing how well these maps scale to 64 player modes. Haven't played the Block in CQ 64 or TDM 64 yet, but I'd wager it's leagues better than Locker and Metro ever were for that number. Rather than chokepoint meatgrinders, the smaller Hardline maps feel like more oraganic *Frontline Meatgrinders*, where the chokepoints are made of flesh and bone, rather than actual walls in the level.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Shogun wrote: »

the only reason to play hotwire is to slap on a 200% objective boost so you can grind out a bunch of money early to unlock weapons and shit.

Otherwise yeah it is driving around in a small circle.

Hotwire is indeed not a great car chase mode, because its limitations are rather nonsensical in the context of a proper car chase, but if taken strictly as a game mode, where you play for the win, there's lots of dynamic tactics to employ. It has a lot of potential for teamplay and advanced strategies, and there's lots of great *car chase moments* to be had. It can be a lot of fun really, it's just more of a game than it is a car chase simulator.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Even the weapons between the same class on each faction can feel different from it's counterpart.

Which is kind of annoying sometimes.

Either way, the weapons are far and away from feeling samey.

Hell, different weapon mods can wildly change how each weapon feels.

Hotwire* is really meh to me. I agree with @Shogun Hotwire +boost just to get monies is it's only use.

Heist is also blargh.

Blood Money is fucking civilization though.

Oh and for the love of everything Sacred and Holy play on servers with no more than a 32 players cap. Most of the maps are not designed for 64 players and you'll probably have a seriously unfun time if you do.

*I do think Hotwire has the potential to be really fun. It's two main problems (IMO) is that either everyone is simply boosting or everyone is the class with the grenade launcher and you exploded the second you even look at a car.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Is it <$10 yet?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Like I said at $30 I'm biting and picking up Hardline, say what you will but the launch of Hardline vs (insert any BF game here) has been smooth as all out.

If you enjoyed the demo/beta you'll like the final product and if you hated the demo/beta you will hate the final product.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, $30 is an okay price, but by the time they get to that it will be so close to Battlefront time that I'll just wait for that.

It is a glorious thing that the launch is going smoothly though!

• Options
    Yeah, $30 is an okay price, but by the time they get to that it will be so close to Battlefront time that I'll just wait for that.

It is a glorious thing that the launch is going smoothly though!

Isn't it neat when half the server doesn't crash out when an event occurs during the game?

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Kaliyama The Angry Dome rides again for Battlefield Hardline. Server is up come join the fun.

• Options
    November 17 release.

http://youtu.be/ZwWLns7-xN8

Unnf.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    As in, November 17 2015?

• Options
    Yeah as part of the lead up to the new movie.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    That is too soon to be true. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    "A DICE Game"

Pre-order cancelled.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Once Disney takes over, let the tightly coordinated marketing begin. Which is a good thing, considering the big giant huge mess that is George Lucas.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Once Disney takes over, let the tightly coordinated marketing begin. Which is a good thing, considering the big giant huge mess that is George Lucas.

Two words for you

EA
    DICE

• Options
    dice mkes games i love. and i dont have nerd rage for ea. so lets do this!

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    dice mkes games i love. and i dont have nerd rage for ea. so lets do this!

Word. I have an enormous erection already, let's hope I can sustain it until November.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Wait a second, there's a Battlefront thread already. You posting the trailer here confused me! I'll summarize myself then: Hype but no space battles? Huge disappointment.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    You can count on 5 expansions. Good chance od a space battles pack imo

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »
    You can count on 5 expansions. Good chance od a space battles pack imo

Word, again. Leaving space battles out of BATTLEFRONT leaves the marketplace open for a stand-alone space battle game, probably at full price. We've just seen that with HARDLINE.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm going to need a better computer...