As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Apple iTMS Kills (some) DRM

namelessnameless Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Searched, didn't find a similar thread.

Back when Steve Jobs wrote his "Thoughts on Music" piece, there was a pretty lively discussion here on whose fault it was that DRM was incorporated into the iTunes Music Store (iTMS). A lot of people blamed Apple, saying there were options for them to remove some DRM and that they should put their money where there mouth was.

Well they did. EMI tracks can now be purchased on the iTMS for $1.29. DRM'd tracks still cost $.99. So is this encouraging? Is Apple gouging us for something we should have had all along anyway? Does one of the labels finally get it? Stay tune for more TALES OF INTEREST.

Seriously though, I'm an Apple fanatic and I think this is great news although the price increase seems like gouging to me. But as an Apple fan, I'm used to being gouged long and hard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nameless on

This discussion has been closed.