As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[No Man's Sky] Shoot birds, mine asteroids

19495969798100»

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    BladeX wrote: »
    Got a planet where I immediately found a trade outpost, it has Gravitino Balls on the surface, a giant cave network nearby with a ton of Albumen Pearls and for the first time is a perfect 19C instead of a bazillionC like these planets usually are.

Make sure you name it something like "EZ$$$" for future travelers.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    100 pages! It only took three years.

I took the liberty of starting a new thread.

If anyone has any suggestions or requests for the OP just let me know!

Surfpossum on
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    Got a planet where I immediately found a trade outpost, it has Gravitino Balls on the surface, a giant cave network nearby with a ton of Albumen Pearls and for the first time is a perfect 19C instead of a bazillionC like these planets usually are.

Make sure you name it something like "EZ$$$" for future travelers.

I haven't been able to connect to the damn server for a few days but will do once I get back on.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I am not familiar with Rock Paper Shotgun. Like, at all. And they have a one month retrospective for the game that could be said to be all over the map. But while I really enjoy the game, I felt this joke needed to be shared with the world:
    Pip: Is this a good moment for my Ayn Rand joke? What’s the difference between No Man’s Sky and an Ayn Rand novel?
    In No Man’s Sky the player shrugs at Atlas.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I am not familiar with Rock Paper Shotgun. Like, at all. And they have a one month retrospective for the game that could be said to be all over the map. But while I really enjoy the game, I felt this joke needed to be shared with the world:
    Pip: Is this a good moment for my Ayn Rand joke? What’s the difference between No Man’s Sky and an Ayn Rand novel?
    In No Man’s Sky the player shrugs at Atlas.

Thanks for linking to this. Just read and enjoyed it. Totally understand the spectrum of opinions there. It doesn't have, like, amazing or deep or intricately designed gameplay. But if you kind of re-calibrate your expectations while playing it, you can settle into it like a warm blanket and get a lot out of the experience. Some of the vistas and moments are breathtaking and memorable. The upgrade loop, especially when you have way more inventory and a bigger and more powerful ship and suit upgrades, is genuinely fun and rewarding. But it takes a lot to get there.

The initial wow factor is impressive. And the later-game is fun, after hours of investment. The middle ground (between 10 and 20-30 hours?) is probably where it loses a lot of people.

I feel like a spacefaring badass right now. I have a ton of inventory space, and I have a huge, powerful ship that tears through pirates. But to get to this point, I trudged through a lot of grind and saw through the shallowness on my way there. Once I had 2 million credits, I spent everything on a new ship and materials to get upgrades, and it was like flipping a switch. I love this game right now, but I can't deny that it was a lot of work to get to this point. And when that Platinum trophy pops, I'm taking a break/moving on. Patch notes will need to be impressive to pull me back in.

(I'll reiterate that I feel I got my money's worth and am glad I pulled the launch-day trigger on this purchase.)

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Most recent patch has this note:
    • Fix for stacking products exploit. Resources salvaged from dismantled technologies now fill inventory slots as expected.

So, uh, watch out for those 100 stacked resources. unstacking, I guess.

Also:
    • Fix for some terrain resources being indestructible and therefore unmineable.

Which is nice, at least. No more solid cores in the middle of minable stuffs.

It does feel like kind of a kick in the nads to have the most expensive sellable items no longer stack, though. This game needs less grind at higher money levels, not more.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur