As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starbound Beta: A New Stable Release May or May Not be Available.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    FrogMerchant.png

Frog merchant selling cheap bombs.

Also, I am willing to help in some exterminatus when needed.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

He probably didn't mean you

really
    why so serious

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Nuka is starting to tear down everything, the planet is a lost cause. And yeah, hundreds. It doesn't look like as much at first, because they're all stacked. And if you melee or use anything with AoE or DoT it takes ages to calculate the damage and the damage is spread out over so many NPCs and well I tried loading the file in the single player too and it woudln't load the airship at all and generated visual basic crashes.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear that. I guess that world file editors haven't caught up with the new file format. :(

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I haven't been able to log in for the last week, since I started trying to play again. Next time I boot up the game I'll report which error messages it gives me, but I assume it corresponds to this.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    The server was relocated last week. If you are still trying to connect to mine (squirrel.no-ip.org) you won't be able to. The current server is seplusplus.pennycraft.org . Password remains the same.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tumblr_n0e3v3gQw21rso2eyo1_1280.jpg

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Error when connecting to server:
    Join failed! No server response received.

• Options
    I just tested and the server is up and I can log in. Check server address, password, network connectivity (can you reach the test page at http://seplusplus.pennycraft.org/ etc.)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    tumblr_n0e3v3gQw21rso2eyo1_1280.jpg

Did you draw that? Because that's adorable as fuck

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Tumblr user Endling drew that and also the Wanted poster from a few pages back.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    So, after i finished tearing down the tower, painters who were working in the hallway plugged in too many things and we lost power upstairs. I wasn't running Starbound at this time.

However it doesn't matter because now my character is bugged and won't show up in the menu. The files still exist and I tried loading a character editor to see if it was the game or the player files. It's the player files.

So, I've had to destroy and abandon my home and now my character is "gone". I think I'm done with this game for a while.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    So, after i finished tearing down the tower, painters who were working in the hallway plugged in too many things and we lost power upstairs. I wasn't running Starbound at this time.

However it doesn't matter because now my character is bugged and won't show up in the menu. The files still exist and I tried loading a character editor to see if it was the game or the player files. It's the player files.

So, I've had to destroy and abandon my home and now my character is "gone". I think I'm done with this game for a while.

oh nooo. :(

That sucks, Nuka. I'm sure we could help get you set up again if you wanted to be boosted a bit to get closer to where you were.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Alright, unlocked everything to sector X. Built some armor and have been tinkering with building guns.

This game is pretty good.

• Options
    Got the Impervium armor set. Where's north from here?

• Options
    Finding the best weapons you can on sector X worlds? The top end of the game isn't very fleshed-out at the moment.

• Options
    Explore and build?

Add mods to find more to explore and build?

I mean, what's the end game for any of these games?

Explore. Build. Explore more.

• Options
    I actually have yet to build anything. Might need to fix that once I can get the online to quit bugging out on the PA server

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    I just poured *hours* into this game. It's great. How does the multiplayer work? If i join the PA server do I lose my base and only get to keep what I carried with me?

• Options
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    I just poured *hours* into this game. It's great. How does the multiplayer work? If i join the PA server do I lose my base and only get to keep what I carried with me?

If you choose that character then the character, inventory, and ship all come, but you're placed in the server universe, so anything you built on worlds won't be there.

• Options
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    Cool. And then that world is persistant? So I can find a little planet somewhere and build it up, etc?

Yup.

• Options
    The OP contains the server info.

• Options
    At this point I'm just going to assume my connection issues with Starbound are due to school firewall restrictions, in spite of other things that use lots of ports being just fine.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    introp wrote: »
    The OP contains the server info.
    Dude we totally could have gotten back rubs... :shakehead:

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Patch today added some valentines stuff and fixed magma worlds and added keybinding.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Patch today added some valentines stuff and fixed magma worlds and added keybinding.

We can go to magma worlds now?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So I met some alien NPCs today. They are blue and pink and, thanks to their attitude, are henceforth labelled Sassy Teletubbies. Also came across a Glitch NPC village. Some of them made very rude comments about my plumage!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I guess my character files got messed up somehow as my ship storage and some of the chests on my ship have disappeared. Fun times.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I guess my character files got messed up somehow as my ship storage and some of the chests on my ship have disappeared. Fun times.

That's from the new patch

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

you should write a song on that there gui-tar about it. "the beta test blues"

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Everything still running okay? No bumps?

• Options
    So has there been anything big recently or

• Options
    Nuka & I haven't been playing since she got hit with the bug that loses your save file, but I've been missing this game. I tried logging on this morning to see if there was anything new but the server isn't running the current version.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I need more gameplay things in this game before I play again

right now I kill all the bosses, craft the best gear, build a fortress until I get bored and then..... thats it. nothing left to do.

When they add more things, then I will play again

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So, I've modded up my game real good...

Is any one playing this?
    Can I CPR the thread?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    For a second I thought there was real actual news and got excited

• Options
    Goddamn you, Geth

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There's a huge patch in the works, right? We're all aware of that?

Anyone else playing with mods? There's a lot of great ones out there.

Anon the Felon on