As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Etc. Bears and Bespoke, A Thread of Fashion

Lost SalientLost Salient blink twiceif you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
edited January 2014 in Social Entropy++
Perhaps you are interested in clothing. Articles of the stylish bent for torso and limbs.

BjpVW4c.jpg

Or perhaps not. Perhaps your milieu is haberdashery?

eIRJzrll.jpg

Jewelry?

eIBRfLyl.jpg

Whatever, let's just all talk about how much we want to be Grace Kelly.

g8Fo2Ytl.jpg

(Try not to be cliquey, try not to weird people out, let us keep this thread because it is Very Important that I have somewhere to discuss shoes.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
"Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
Lost Salient on

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    THREAD LACKS REFERENCES TO MAKEUP

B-

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    just kidding ily

• Options
    there are tons of awesome holiday palettes out now which is the reason for my post, and I'm seriously considering investing in a couple of them!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    http://www.temptalia.com/best-holiday-palettes-holiday-2013

the Too Faced ones look awesome!

and I've never used LORAC but I'm really liking the range they've included in terms of mattes versus frosts

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    YESSSSSSS. New fashion thread!

I have the Too Faced palette in Romantic Eye. I'm not crazy about the green shades that came with it, but the grey and purple ones are classics I like to whip out every now and then!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OH MY GOD

@Janson

http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay/makeup-palettes-&-gifts/vice-2/386.html

91920_vice2_alt3.jpg

THEM COLORS

IT'S EVERYTHING THE BOOK OF SHADOWS SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I was going to do makeup and nail polish but then the OP would have been even longer and still have been just pictures of weird stuff. Especially because I don't really wear makeup or nail polish.

Here's uhh

A pretty astounding couple of photos of the cape Elizabeth Taylor wore as Cleopatra, though

I put 'em in links cause for the real effect you have to see the whole thing and they're big

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    on the topic of makeup

I have eyeshadow a plenty

but I am looking at trying a cream eyeshadow now as a base for more color, given that I am tan and that means a lot of colors look faded on me

does anyone have any experience with any of the following?
    • Bobbi Brown Longwear Cream Eyeshadow
    • Maybelline Tattoo 24-Hour Eyeshadow
    • L'Oreal Infallible Cream Eyeshadow
    • MAC Paint Pots
    • Chanel Illusion d’Ombre

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i want a new hoodie

help

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh lord you guys

I just tripped (HA AAHAH) over trippen schuhe and I'm in deep love bordering on lust

and they aren't actually as expensive as I'd imagined

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ZksSR6Y.jpg

ballin

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm also salivating over these: http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay/makeup-palettes-&-gifts/ocho-loco-2-24/7-glide-on-eye-pencil-set/385.html

46690_247ocholoco2.jpg

totally gonna have to find a way to get them to Australia since they're not even sold here!

EDIT: also for the other Urban Decay eyeliner fans in the thread - http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay/exclusives/24/7-glide-on-eye-pencil-vault/368.html
    247eyelinervault.jpg

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    halp halp

jRXVZbQ.jpg

o5rHc4l.jpg

they're soooo pretty

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am sooo tempted by that urban decay eyeliner set!

I am thinking of picking up some hair chalk and faking an ombré effect with my hair one of these days. I think it might look cool with the curls. These colors would probably work: http://www.etsy.com/listing/128265526/salon-grade-temporary-hair-chalk-reverse?ref=cat_gallery_19

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I tried to be like Grace Kelly
    But all her looks were too sad

• Options
    I totally just found a place to buy the ocho loco set that ships to Australia

<.<

• Options
    I am sooo tempted by that urban decay eyeliner set!

I am thinking of picking up some hair chalk and faking an ombré effect with my hair one of these days. I think it might look cool with the curls. These colors would probably work: http://www.etsy.com/listing/128265526/salon-grade-temporary-hair-chalk-reverse?ref=cat_gallery_19

that sounds like a brilliant idea!

I couldn't help but notice that second photo in the listing is a really cool photo with the sunglasses and all, but in the reflection you can totally tell it was taken in her bedroom :D

• Options
    edited December 2013
    and yeah @bowtiedseal those colors would be perfect for our skintones

I know you're fairer than me but I'm pretty sure we're both mostly neutral with some golden undertones

plus those colors would be fantabulous on your big gorgeous eyes

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I got

a couple new shirts recently

behold my stupid face and dumb body
    tullJcA.jpg

BzcsEtX.jpg

• Options
    and a new belt

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I tried to be like Grace Kelly
    But all her looks were too sad

So I tried a little Freddie
    I've gone identity mad!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    iWXtKli.jpg

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Diggin' it, Dan.

Also your haircut!

• Options
    I just got it cut today actually

now I'm just a generic white guy

also in first photo I have a cat growing out of my forearm

FASHION CAT

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    jRXVZbQ.jpg

These are basically ninja boots, aren't they?

• Options
    I've never really worn a lot of flannel/plaid cause I didn't think it would look good on me

but I guess it does? @stareosarus says so, anyway

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    iWXtKli.jpg

I am 90% sure this was a costume in that Mr. Show sketch that filtered Jesus Christ Superstar through the grunge aesthetic

• Options
    Chris if you mean split-toed shoes then I WISH

I want a pair of those reallllly badly

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I've never understood the appeal of looking like you're homeless and blind?

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    iWXtKli.jpg

I am 90% sure this was a costume in that Mr. Show sketch that filtered Jesus Christ Superstar through the grunge aesthetic

I was thinking a young Lebowski.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I appreciate that outfit's gender neutrality

The plaid thing is a horror-show though.

Also Mr. Dan Smart Hero those shirts are very nice!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Well I mean

Sometimes people just straight up give you money

So that's a plus

• Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    Most of my knowledge of makeup revolves around wishing I knew how to use it more effectively. I have mastered the understated look to the point where you can't really tell that I am even wearing makeup. But at any rate, hope springs eternal and I discovered a very cool site that satisfies my delight in pretty colors and profound geekiness simultaneously. It amuses me to no end that the colors I prefer are in the Hobbit Collection, huge Tolkien nerd that I am.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »

Well I mean

Sometimes people just straight up give you money

So that's a plus

The vast majority of the time, you'll either be completely invisible to passers by, and the people that do notice you will avoid you/treat you like shit, though.

• Options
    Chris if you mean split-toed shoes then I WISH

I want a pair of those reallllly badly

If they were split-toed as well there could be no doubt. As they are though, the shape and structure has me thinking black-and-white kung fu movie.

• Options
    Man now I really want split-toed shoes

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I mean I already did but I want to renew my search for the perfect pair

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Split toed boots for construction workers are pretty popular here in Japan. As are split toed socks. They look kind of neat.

• Options
    Delaney wrote: »
    Most of my knowledge of makeup revolves around wishing I knew how to use it more effectively. I have mastered the understated look to the point where you can't really tell that I am even wearing makeup. But at any rate, hope springs eternal and I discovered a very cool site that satisfies my delight in pretty colors and profound geekiness simultaneously. It amuses me to no end that the colors I prefer are in the Hobbit Collection, huge Tolkien nerd that I am.

I

oh my god I want these.

Steam
  • Options
    And @Delaney, I was the same way! You just have to experiment at home with using heavier and heavier makeup, and get used to seeing yourself with that much on. I used to be terrified that I had too much makeup on and thought I'd be an embarrassment walking out the door... for wearing a *tiny* dash of blush and a barely visible brown eyeliner that hardly extended past my water line.

I also found looking at guides on Pinterest and Youtube helped a lot. It helped if the person had a similar complexion and hair/eye colour to mine. If I thought they looked pretty, it meant it would probably work well on me despite the sheer amount of panic I'd experience considering putting it on, ahaha.

Steam
This discussion has been closed.