As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros.: Greninja Gaiden

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Enlong wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    PT is distinct from solo Charizard. I'd consider Sheik/Zelda to be separate characters since you can stick with one and never have to change if you didn't want to. The stamina mechanic forces the player to switch pokemon, so PT comes as a package deal. Basically, PT is not the same as having his three pokemon as separate playable characters.

If you are suggesting that we can possibly get two more pokemon (not counting Jigglypuff, whom I assume will be in the game) based on PT being three characters, I would disagree.
    Then our discussion is done.
    But...we have two more pages to go!

You don't want to disappoint Riptor...do you?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    SSB: Pokemon Edition would be so much fun. Each stock is a different pokemon, special moves are selectable and follow typing rules.

But my fear is they would contract it out to Genius Sonority.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Now, lets assume that Jigglypuff comes back, since Jigglypuff has been in every game so far, and is fairly popular in Japan (IIRC). That's 5 pokemon, which means it's short of brawl and not a full roster for the pokemon games. So I think they'll add one more, and if they do it'll be Mewtwo, but not for quite the reasons people might think.

Him getting into a movie is pretty much THE reason people might think, since that's what led to lucario replacing him. It didn't really occur to me that we previously has a full pokemon team loadout before - was there an event match centered around that? If so then maybe the concept is one they would actually try to achieve... at the very least, if they were to include another pokemon I can't see it being anyone other than mewtwo.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I don't think there was an Event for it, but in All-Star mode you had to face all six of them (with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard counting as three separate characters) on the Pokemon Stadium level.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm not counting Pokemon Trainer as three characters.

Why? Sakurai does.

I honestly think we'll get two more. Jiggly and probably Mewtwo.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    In terms of work to create them, they are totally three characters.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I hope Jigglypuff either gains some Fairy type moves or they give her regular attacks some Fairy-like flourish.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Final Smash: Moonblast.

The moon falls.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    It would be better than what Jigglypuff had in Brawl.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Given how many 3D models we've seen for Pokemon with SSB, that mysterious "Smash Brothers 6" would be a good candidate for a Pokemon dedicated Smash Brothers game.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    please don't say things like that where i will read them you will kill me

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    please don't say things like that where i will read them you will kill me

things like pokemon smash?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, I just learned that, in F-Zero GX, Black Shadow is shown to have dark magic, such as teleportation and energy swords.

I would laugh so hard if Black Shadow were to show up as a sword-wielding sorcerer, while Ganondorf remains a heavier Captain Falcon.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Given how many 3D models we've seen for Pokemon with SSB, that mysterious "Smash Brothers 6" would be a good candidate for a Pokemon dedicated Smash Brothers game.

Well...trainers tend to carry 6 Pokemon.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, I just learned that, in F-Zero GX, Black Shadow is shown to have dark magic, such as teleportation and energy swords.

I would laugh so hard if Black Shadow were to show up as a sword-wielding sorcerer, while Ganondorf remains a heavier Captain Falcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEoIM6Vwonw

• Options
    Wow, that's...

Some of the cheesiest story I've ever seen. I love it.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    It's a shame the Story Mode is so freaking hard in that game.

I don't think I ever got past Chapter 3 or 4.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Snake is probably out, Kojima said so in an interview.

That's a shame if that ends up being the case. I thought Snake was really fun to play and he is a really unique character.

Plus we will be missing all of those codec conversations too! I bet his mind would have been blown that Samus and Zero Suit Samus are now two different people. And he has to deal with goddamn ninjas again but this time its a frog?
    It's more insulting that he's been an awful Falcon clone for two games. Being cut might be better than languishing in the F--- Tier for another six years.

Saying that sort of assumes that most people who play the game give a shit about tiers and that is not the case (I doubt it is even the case with a non Smash boards forum like this one). Ganondorf is a cool character, playing him feels very satisfying, if people are saying more female characters are needed (such as yourself) than more villains are certainly needed too, and he has been in the last two games and is the holder of the other piece of the Triforce. Why not have the complete main cast of perhaps the biggest Nintendo franchise represented outside of Mario and Pokemon other than some bullshit about tiers? He is a major player and for him to be cut would be absurd.

Also, one can feel like they are good with a character who isn't one of the handful that tournament players tend to pick. Going back to Snake, I actually could really rack up some kills with him against bots. Ganondorf as well, since I tend to like playing some of the heavier characters. I like Falcon just fine but find him a bit unwieldy sometimes, so I'm actually better with his counterpart. And in any case, there have to be some characters that are better because of X and other that are better because of Y when you have so many and just, man, who the fuck cares? You have something that is equal parts party game and fighting game with a cavalcade of characters that are already liked beyond the game we're discussing and all that matters to most people is them getting to play that character in this awesome beat 'em up now. If the character happens to be really badass, then that's just icing on the cake for most. But said badassness isn't defined by some list created by a committee from a corner of the internet that most people who buy the game will never even visit. Its in how they play and their special moves and final smashes and their stages and the other things that actually matter about them.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    He's actually S rank in the only mode that matters

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Man that stadium must seat, like, millions.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    CesareB wrote: »
    Man that stadium must seat, like, millions.

They're all there just to watch one guy punch a bag in a single event.

Kind of like all the people in Pokemon watching a monster train by shooting at a balloon.

Cokomon on
    post.png
  • Options
    Also, while not the best episode ever, I liked Workaholics throwing out a Smash Bros reference tonight.

post.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    He's actually S rank in the only mode that matters

Geez, that is a crazy distance!

I like that casting the bat aside and warlock punching the thing is how he gets it.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Casual players also hate that the villian in Nintendo's third biggest franchise is a clone of a dude who hasnt had a game in almost 20 years.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Casual players also hate that the villian in Nintendo's third biggest franchise is a clone of a dude who hasnt had a game in almost 20 years.

F-Zero GX was in '03, and Climax was in October of '04.

Contrary to popular assumption, less than 10 is not almost 20.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Given the type of changes they've already confirmed for some characters like Bowser and ZSS, it would be ridiculous if they didn't rework Ganondorf's moveset. I don't think he has that many ultra-diehard fans that would take offense at having to relearn him.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

F-Zero GX was in '03, and Climax was in October of '04.

Contrary to popular assumption, less than 10 is not almost 20.

Sure bring facts and hard numbers into this.

I stand by the point of my post though that it makes Gannondorf feel like an afterthought.

Ill defend wolf to death but G man ? Forget it

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    It's a crime that the main villian of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises doesn't have his own unique moveset.
    I don't even know why someone would defend that.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Not only that he doesn't have his own moveset but he's super bad too. The best for-fun game to play in either Melee or Brawl is all Ganondorf. If you win as Ganondorf you get to pick someone else. Works best with rotation mode and lots of people.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    zlCfzRzhjvYEajAo8e

I don't even know.

• Options
    Oh shit it's T.A.C.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Pic of the day. Tac (on the left) steals your charged power. If you've charged up a lot, he might steal a ton of it. Chase after him quickly to get it back!!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I feel like the next couple pics are gonna be smash run related.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Oh shit it's T.A.C.

I hate That Annoying Cat-burgler.

• Options
    He was amazing in co-op because it basically let the second player be Kirby

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also, his guard was totally invulnerable, and his hand-attack did so much damage to bosses.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    What will ZSS's final smash be if characters can no longer transform?

Maybe it'll be THE BABY

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    She gets scared and Anthony jumps in to save her

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    It's more insulting that he's been an awful Falcon clone for two games. Being cut might be better than languishing in the F--- Tier for another six years.

Saying that sort of assumes that most people who play the game give a shit about tiers and that is not the case (I doubt it is even the case with a non Smash boards forum like this one). Ganondorf is a cool character, playing him feels very satisfying, if people are saying more female characters are needed (such as yourself) than more villains are certainly needed too, and he has been in the last two games and is the holder of the other piece of the Triforce. Why not have the complete main cast of perhaps the biggest Nintendo franchise represented outside of Mario and Pokemon other than some bullshit about tiers? He is a major player and for him to be cut would be absurd.

Also, one can feel like they are good with a character who isn't one of the handful that tournament players tend to pick. Going back to Snake, I actually could really rack up some kills with him against bots. Ganondorf as well, since I tend to like playing some of the heavier characters. I like Falcon just fine but find him a bit unwieldy sometimes, so I'm actually better with his counterpart. And in any case, there have to be some characters that are better because of X and other that are better because of Y when you have so many and just, man, who the fuck cares? You have something that is equal parts party game and fighting game with a cavalcade of characters that are already liked beyond the game we're discussing and all that matters to most people is them getting to play that character in this awesome beat 'em up now. If the character happens to be really badass, then that's just icing on the cake for most. But said badassness isn't defined by some list created by a committee from a corner of the internet that most people who buy the game will never even visit. Its in how they play and their special moves and final smashes and their stages and the other things that actually matter about them.
    okay let's not turn this into a tier thing

i was a pretty casual scrub when i played and ganondorf was self-evidently a dogshit character

i'd be very surprised if many people thought otherwise, whether they were casual scrubs or tourney bros

he's just so bad

this isn't a mathematical shakeout of various tournament results etc etc, it's "oh my god what were they even trying to do"

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    "Samus! Plasma beam is authorized! ...but not for you"

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.