As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Got it 1-1 at the end of the 2nd.

Matt Brown! Wooo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Matt Brown more like Fatt Brown after he missed weigh

And what was up with him faking that he took a nut shot in order to recover from a gut shot?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    naw it hit his cup and gave him a front wedgie

EasyUnlinedBengaltiger.gif

and big john had a clear los of it

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Rewind-Down-to-Business-with-Dave-Meltzer-3839

mma as a niche sport. What they lost by leaving spike what they gained.
    The issues with fox. The ufc's decisions and current plan.

interesting stuff. all business stuff with actual numbers.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    UFC 181 should have Weidman/Belfort and Pettis/Melendez.

Let's hope it stays that way. December is quite a ways off.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    That looks like a hairy chested starving Keith Jardine in front of a Mexican flag.

• Options
    Don't Mess With Texas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnShVAF4uU8
    Crime doesn't pay. In fact, sometimes it hurts like a kick in the face. Some would-be thieves in Houston learned that the hard way when they tried to rob a gas station employee... and got their asses kicked by a convenience store clerk who also happens to be a muthaeffin' mixed martial arts fighter.

Mayura Dissanyake was working behind the counter at Fuel Depot when he saw two men outside jump out of an SUV and attack his co-worker, who was returning to the store after a run to the bank. Dissanyake, who is trained in mixed martial arts and apparently was a champion in Sri Lanka, sprung into action.

"The first guy I saw, I just kicked him in the face. Then I punched the other guy."

An effective strategy.

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    http://www.bjpenn.com/ralek-gracie-believes-steroids-dont-help-in-jiujitsu/

I really wish people who don't know anything about steroids would keep their fucking mouth shut. What BS.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Joe Riggs accidentally shot himself in the hand and thigh cleaning his gun. Scheduled fight with Paulo Thiago now off, replacement will be found/named soon.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    If you shoot yourself cleaning a gun, you should really reconsider owning one.

• Options
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    Joe Riggs accidentally shot himself in the hand and thigh cleaning his gun. Scheduled fight with Paulo Thiago now off, replacement will be found/named soon.
    sounds about right

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anderson Silva v Nick Diaz confirmed Jan 31

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Forget The Ultimate Fighter, Iron Mike has a new show

• Options
    Aint got no time for bird thex

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    sounds about right

Doesn't seem right its not a diaz brother with a self inflicted wound keeping him from a fight.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    sounds about right

Doesn't seem right its not a diaz brother with a self inflicted wound keeping him from a fight.
    riggs.jpg
    Joe Riggs wrote:
    “There was one time when a camera crew was getting on my nerves. It was probably the fourth or fifth week, and they brought a camera in my room; and I knew the producers were watching downstairs, and they were going to put this on TV. So I go and pull my pants down and start slapping my balls against the camera so they could see it. That’s just me like a monkey just trying to relieve some tension by rubbing my balls. They all come up, ‘God damnit, knock it off!’ I was just trying to have a little fun, because there’s really not s--- to do."

“There was a funny time where I had come from cutting weight. I talked to one of the producers, I’ll tell you guys because they don’t show this on TV. I’d come from cutting weight, and I take my shorts off, my underwear off, and they’re all stained with s---, probably, and whatever, and I threw them in Tim Walsh’s face. It was a perfect shot to the lips. And he peels them off his face, and he wheels them at me, and it hits the camera guy right in the lips. And he went down, talking about throwing up, because they were like saturated with sweat, piss and s---. I was cutting weight, so I was sitting there like pissing myself. It was bad. There were some crazy times, but they didn’t really concentrate on that.”

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you spectre, thank you for showing me what a terrible person Joe Riggs is.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't know what level of sarcasm I am dealing with.

Specifically, I don't think he's a terrible person, just kinda dumb. Remember, he shot himself with a pistol a few months after talking about joining the Pheonix PD.

I am not anti-Riggs - I'm just not surprised at him shooting himself because he didn't take the basic steps to not shoot yourself when cleaning your gun.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Look anyone who throws his shit stained underwear at someone else is a terrible person. Well anyone who isn't like five or dealing with a severe illness that has shit stained underwear is already pretty awful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    B:L wrote: »
    Don't Mess With Texas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnShVAF4uU8
    Crime doesn't pay. In fact, sometimes it hurts like a kick in the face. Some would-be thieves in Houston learned that the hard way when they tried to rob a gas station employee... and got their asses kicked by a convenience store clerk who also happens to be a muthaeffin' mixed martial arts fighter.

Mayura Dissanyake was working behind the counter at Fuel Depot when he saw two men outside jump out of an SUV and attack his co-worker, who was returning to the store after a run to the bank. Dissanyake, who is trained in mixed martial arts and apparently was a champion in Sri Lanka, sprung into action.

"The first guy I saw, I just kicked him in the face. Then I punched the other guy."

An effective strategy.

Late stoppage.

• Options

I can see why Diaz re-signed. He got exactly what he wanted.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Just sitting here, thinking about the beautiful future of thread reactions we'll have in a few months when Nick Diaz actually wins a fight with Anderson Silva

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular

A drawn out ass kicking?

• Options

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    baad idea
    that meeting will then be rescheduled for 420
    and then postponed indefinitely

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular

This is a happy day.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i shall sleep easily knowing that razor ramone just called out chael sonnen for royalties.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Ah, finally I get to sample the madness of Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva prefight banter. Shit is gonna be wild.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I can't fucking tell what is real and what is... not real. In here.

Don't drink and then read this thread after a long absence.

What the fuck.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Somehow I don't think the prefight hyping between Anderson and Nick will get very nasty.

I pretty much see them both being complementary of each other.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    The in-fight shit talking however, is going to be next fucking level.

The fight itself will be pure bliss. The best (?) fighter at going forward vs the best counter striker. I assume they'll do this at middleweight, and not some kooky catchweight?

• Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    I see the greatest "wut bitch?" style match-up here, both sticking their chin out like the twat at school who you knew was quicker than you.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Cabezone wrote: »
    If you shoot yourself cleaning a gun, you should really reconsider owning one.

No. NO NO NO. as an avid gun owner- he should lose the right to own.

Its step freaking 1 of the cleaning process - "IS it loaded, is the chamber clear?" if no.... DO SO.

Hell- its step 1 of every interaction with a gun ever. "Is it loaded, is the chamber clear?"

Absolutely stupid. Dangerously so.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    I see the greatest "wut bitch?" style match-up here, both sticking their chin out like the twat at school who you knew was quicker than you.

reddit prediction on what that fight will look like..... its spot on

0cbvCrU.jpg

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Diaz doesn't move forward forward. He waddles slowly giving the impression of offense. Expect a lot of high five type jabs and maybe a literal breakdance.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Even Nick Diaz isn't crazy enough to stick his chin out and talk shit while fighting against Anderson Silva.

Actually, y'know what? Never mind. He is that crazy.

I've got my fingers crossed that this fight lives up to its potential, but I wont be surprised if it doesn't.