As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    It was pretty crazy. A lot of the MMA reporters were hard on Nijem on the build up to this fight and talking about Dariush being the next big thing.

I didn't buy it and picked Nijem. He's a little uneven as a fighter and has a suspect chin, but he always tries to finish.

Nijem calls out the world and is a bit crazed in the interview. Haha.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I want John Howard to win, but I think LaFlare takes it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Once he had him stunned, it was the dash and smash of old.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Howard is just a tank. Eating shots and moving forward, feet planted.

He's fun to watch.

Edit: And Howard hurts LaFlare and gets a takedown! Woo.

Oh god, Howard is screaming after that nut shot. D:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think this fight is gonna be stopped. Howard looks to be in extreme pain. :(

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Close round. I am leaning Howard due to bias.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I think LaFlare gets the win here, but I'm not sure.

Lots of awesome grappling and scrambling in this fight. Should be getting fight of the night so at least they'll both get paid.

• Options
    Looked like Kawajiri was going to piledrive Guida in the second round and then remembered that was against the rules. Lots of slams, I liked it.

• Options
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Yessssss country is back

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Yessssss country is back
    He's been around

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    So I saw that Big Nog got killed again.

For the love of God man, stop fighting.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    So I saw that Big Nog got killed again.

For the love of God man, stop fighting.

nah
    he was just tired and wanted to take a nap
    stupid jet lag

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    oh shii
    cat zingano passed over again
    alexis davis next up to have her arm broken by rousey in july

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    oh shii
    cat zingano passed over again
    alexis davis next up to have her arm broken by rousey in july
    I told you man

Dana White hates cats

• Options
    Hmm, I don't actually mind the British commentator. He's more knowledgeable than Annik at least.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Nelson was a little sneaky with the right this time. Feinted with the body one time, set it up with an upper cut another time. The last punch was super easy. Just wait for Nog's jab to miss and then a right to the dome.

I have nothing to say about the Guida fight. It was like trying to read a book in Cyrillic.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Don't forget Glory 15 is on tonight. The Glory cards have been insanely entertaining lately, the striking is just incredible and there's some big names on the card, Tyrone Spong, Nathan Corbett and Gokhan Saki.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    not cool

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Wow, there's all sorts of levels of incompetence going on there. Bleugh.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

It did however result in this comment down below

Dana: "Don't bring me into this, you fucking goof.
    There is a reason the UFC doesn’t hold fucking fights in Wyoming, and it’s not because of my fear of the Yellowstone Super Volcano or my fear of the movie Brokeback Mountain. MMA is the safest sport in the whole fucking world. Do you wanna know what sport is more dangerous than MMA? Dressage. Do you know how many people are killed every year doing that fucking silly horse dancing? Neither do I, but it’s probably a fucking lot."

Joe Rogan: “Dude, dressage is fucking crazy!”

Dana: “Joe, get the fuck out of here. I’m talking about how fucking safe MMA is.”

Joe: “I’m serious. Horses are fucking huge and shit. They used to run around the plains and shit, fighting each other and fucking girl horses. Have you ever watched horses fighting? It’s crazy. They’re biting each other and throwing headbutts.”

Eddie: “Horses just need to go back to using the guard. Maia used to pull guard and at least he had that third opti-”

Joe: "Eddie, you’ve been smoking way too much fucking weed, bro… But like I was saying, horses are fucking crazy. And like thousands of years ago, some crazy ass caveman motherfucker saw a horse and was like, “I’m gonna catch that bitch and make it carry me around,” and he did. Do you know how insane that is? And now we ride them around and make them do some silly dancing and shit. It’s fucking crazy."

Dana: “That’s what I was saying Joe. Horses are way more fucking dangerous than MMA.”

Overeem: “I disagree.”

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    holy shit, that guy is 6'1 fighting at 125 :#

• Options
    Tyrone Spong just pulled an Anderson Silva jelly leg tonight at Glory against Gohan Saki. D:

I wonder if people are training those checks more now.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Let's go Pacman

• Options
    B:L wrote: »
    Let's go Pacman
    what
    I thought you didn't like pacman

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Tyrone Spong just pulled an Anderson Silva jelly leg tonight at Glory against Gohan Saki. D:

It's not like it's hard to do, so why not? I think someone here talked about Spong using the same type of leg kick Anderson did against Weidman in the second fight? Something about it allowing the kicker to get back to boxing stance quicker? If that is the case, it's time to retire that technique.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »

It's not like it's hard to do, so why not? I think someone here talked about Spong using the same type of leg kick Anderson did against Weidman in the second fight? Something about it allowing the kicker to get back to boxing stance quicker? If that is the case, it's time to retire that technique.

That was me yeah. The problem isn't actually so much with the kick but it's more a problem with the setup usually. I was really watching Jose Aldo's last fight closely to see what he did differently and he only threw a leg kick once without setting it up with the hands. Anderson Silva's leg broke throwing an inside leg kick that was checked very very well. There's very little point to putting that much heat on an inside leg kick, they don't do a whole lot of damage and there's high risk for that sort of check ((IMO.))

Now Tyrone Spong's leg break was an outside leg kick that was checked very well but same kind of kick, and this is part of the risk of it. Bas Rutten talked about it a good bit. In Glory you see a lot more single kicks thrown with no setup just because the guys are so fast but same as MMA, if it's not set up with the hands there's more risk.

It's kinda crazy that after talking about that kick the example that had been being used of someone else who didn't turn the hip over completely and was hitting more with the side of the shin bone was Spong and this happens. I'll say this, I definitely try to turn the hip all the way over, and while these guys have had great success with that kick it definitely looks like it may have caught up to them.

• Options
    ywtu4653oq3o.jpg

Fantastic sportsmanship on the part of Saki. See a lot of this in Glory I've noticed.

• Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't actually mind the British commentator. He's more knowledgeable than Annik at least.

I really quite liked the duo, this was the first time I'd heard them live. Bow-tie man knows what he's talking about, he was pointing out things that were actually interesting. He won me over when he said the D'arce was a common counter to the under-hook get up from under side control. A lot of people watching wouldn't have known what half those terms meant.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    Oh hay I guess Rener Gracie and WWE's Eve finally got married at a wedding today.

Look who's hanging out with Ronda

• Options
    So if this brawl is actually legit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tXkMarnanDU/U0tkXtMYaCI/AAAAAAABCik/gccJ5jpgeX8/s1600/tuf.gif

...the Wandy/Sonnen fight is going pretty much exactly how I think most of us picture it.

Wandy wiffs a punch, Sonnen takes him down, 3 rounds and done.

I mean, Sonnen slips a punch and takes Silva down easily in his flip flops and jeans. I don't see how this fight is going to be competitive at all.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well if they gave Wandy a Belt than magically Sonnen would find a way to lose.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And here's your fun fact for the day:

Michael Bisping doesn't have a single win in the UFC over a currently active fighter. All his losses are from currently active fighters.

Go ahead and look it up. I was shocked, too.

No, Dan Miller and Alan Belcher do not count as active fighters.

• Options

Michael Bisping doesn't have a single win in the UFC over a currently active fighter. All his losses are from currently active fighters.

It's because if you lose to Bisping, you're cut.

It's in the UFC contract.

• Options
    So if this brawl is actually legit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tXkMarnanDU/U0tkXtMYaCI/AAAAAAABCik/gccJ5jpgeX8/s1600/tuf.gif

...the Wandy/Sonnen fight is going pretty much exactly how I think most of us picture it.

Wandy wiffs a punch, Sonnen takes him down, 3 rounds and done.

I mean, Sonnen slips a punch and takes Silva down easily in his flip flops and jeans. I don't see how this fight is going to be competitive at all.
    Looking at the actual vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177Nz93z9lc

Man is that a Wand coach sucker punching Sonnen when everyone is trying to break it up?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    haahahhahah oh man I love chael
    but can we talk? but sometimes i'd like to say hello
    chael time is the best time
    also wand and his coaches are such pieces of shit

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular

Bisping via Career murder.