As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

• Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Also:
    He also accused Bisping of making fun of his military service, something which the Brit denies. Bisping said: “I never criticised the fact he was in the military. I was born on a military base, my dad served in the army for 20 years; my brothers are in the army, so I have got nothing but respect for people who serve in the military.

“The thing about Tim Kennedy is that he just loves the image. All he talks about is the military. He is like Uncle Albert of Only Fools and Horses,” Bisping added.

I am sure that reference is lost on many of you, but it slayed me.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Venkman only person to laugh at Bisping's jokes confirmed

Chris Beel signed with the UFC, will be facing Patrick Williams at UFC 172 Jones vs Texeira.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    B:L wrote: »
    Venkman only person to laugh at Bisping's jokes confirmed

Reddit says your wrong

<3

Edit: although, that's one of the first he has made I actually liked, so there is that.

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Also:
    He also accused Bisping of making fun of his military service, something which the Brit denies. Bisping said: “I never criticised the fact he was in the military. I was born on a military base, my dad served in the army for 20 years; my brothers are in the army, so I have got nothing but respect for people who serve in the military.

“The thing about Tim Kennedy is that he just loves the image. All he talks about is the military. He is like Uncle Albert of Only Fools and Horses,” Bisping added.

I get the reference, my father was a huge fan of most BBC programming. The analogy is pretty terrible. If my memory serves one served in the navy and had his ship sunk a dozen times or something and the other was in the fucking special forces. Kennedy may not be the most exciting fighter, but he doesn't wander around constantly going "Back in the war, " Kennedy is also still in the military. Comparing him to Uncle Albert is essentially making fun of his military record.

• Options
    Also:

I get the reference, my father was a huge fan of most BBC programming. The analogy is pretty terrible. If my memory serves one served in the navy and had his ship sunk a dozen times or something and the other was in the fucking special forces. Kennedy may not be the most exciting fighter, but he doesn't wander around constantly going "Back in the war, " Kennedy is also still in the military. Comparing him to Uncle Albert is essentially making fun of his military record.

I think your reading too much into it, Kennendy brings it up constantly that's all.

I know it's illegal to not hate Bisping here but thats reaching.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I don't know if its that he brings it up a lot or that strikeforce/UFC always used that to market him
    Much in the same way you will never hear UFC talk about Brian Stann without mentioning the fact that he's a marine and war hero, in fact the only time I've really heard Stann bring up his service was when they made him recount Operation Matador on camera

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I don't know if its that he brings it up a lot or that strikeforce/UFC always used that to market him
    Much in the same way you will never hear UFC talk about Brian Stann without mentioning the fact that he's a marine and war hero, in fact the only time I've really heard Stann bring up his service was when they made him recount Operation Matador on camera

Stann never seemed comfortable with it. Tim has brought it up himself, his own camps videos have made a point of it etc...

Stann never pulled the nationality card with Bisping either, Tim has grabbed that low hanging fruit with both hands, making crap jokes about the revolution etc... Almost like he lacks the imagination to say anything original or just wants to court that kind of fan (xenophobes).

We all know where this beef come from, just like Rivera never had a real issue with Mike: it all starts with RangerUP, they want to promote themselves and it's interesting they pick the "get the foreigner" angle to do it. Bisping is a perfect target for them.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    It doesn't hurt that the RangerUp target demo, for the most part, is fucking insane jingoistic right-wing nutters, playing the nationality card is very effective with those people.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    life would be much better for both bisping and kennedy if they both stopped bitching and just had a drink

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Free fights today, bros, followed by a 2 hour premier of the new TUF.

We get a decent fighter or two out of each season, so I don't mind watching them, however, I am more interested in the season after this which will be all women and mainly Invicta talent who I have seen fight live. Excited!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Dana White probably feels like this sometimes

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232/+charlesfarrell

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Leslie Smith & Sarah Kaufman look excited.

I met Kaufman (after her original fight with Smith last year) and she's awesome. I hope she wins.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Smith looking real bad after being dropped by that leg kick.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    Dana White probably feels like this sometimes

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232/+charlesfarrell

That's a fascinating article.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Smith's original fight with Kaufman was very competitive; the week's notice fight is seeing her get destroyed.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Stout vs Noons: Battle of the fats.

A day before weigh-ins, Noons & Stout petitioned the athletic commission to raise their fights weight class because fuuuuuuck cutting weight, I guess.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Stout vs Noons: Battle of the fats.

A day before weigh-ins, Noons & Stout petitioned the athletic commission to raise their fights weight class because fuuuuuuck cutting weight, I guess.

Well they heard the double down was coming back and gained five pounds of expectant fat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rofl

That was unexpected. Fat KJ Noons is dangerous

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Stout headlocked the ref then missed his stoolwhen trying to sit and rolled away.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously though, who'd have thought KJ Noons would be on a two fight winstreak in the UFC? Crazy.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously though, who'd have thought KJ Noons would be on a two fight winstreak in the UFC? Crazy.
    Me. Stout is terrible and Noons always had decent boxing. It was his fight IQ that needed work but Stout can't exploit that weakness.

• Options
    "Gotta give credit to Akira. He wanted a top 10 opponent, and he's hunting big game with Porier trying for the upset.

Porier could've waited for a top 10 opponent as well, but he wanted the challenge."

Way to sell the fight announcers. Porier wanted the challenge of fighting someone not in the top 10, uh huh.

What the hell was that peruvian necktie attempt

• Options
    Stout headlocked the ref then missed his stoolwhen trying to sit and rolled away.
    Not the only one rocked

http://gfycat.com/ForkedCorruptKittiwake

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

For interested parties:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EyzrbTYawgc/U08GfiaVGEI/AAAAAAABCkE/QJ-bmwpw5Mk/s1600/K.J.+Noons+vs.+Sam+Stout.gif

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Oh no not the fistbump handshake

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    rousey would totally kick mayweathers ass btw o:)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Credit where it's due, Kennedy just did what Rashad and Sonnen couldn't.

Also, hatchet buried, Wolf Tickets.

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

The judges actually acknowledged that Bisping won the fight?

I actually don't know what happened with the Kennedy/Bisping fight, but I know Bisping probably should have beaten Rashad and Sonnen.

Magell on
  • Options
    did kennedy shoot bisping as that facebook picture implied?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    vrvon5.jpg

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

The judges actually acknowledged that Bisping won the fight?

I actually don't know what happened with the Kennedy/Bisping fight, but I know Bisping probably should have beaten Rashad and Sonnen.

Kennedy managed to smother him and hold him down. You could blame ring rust but that wouldn't be fair, although Mike didn't look himself in the stand up Kennedy did nullify him pretty well. Mike won round 2 and maybe 4 but that's it.

• Options

For interested parties:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EyzrbTYawgc/U08GfiaVGEI/AAAAAAABCkE/QJ-bmwpw5Mk/s1600/K.J.+Noons+vs.+Sam+Stout.gif

Well I'm hoping Stout gets that rematch, because clearly the ref tapped there and he should have been awarded a victory.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options
    Whoa that video was way different than the title would have lead me to believe.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sign Bear for TUF

• Options
    that would be all sorts of unfair
    under unified rules there'd basically be no situation in which you could kick the bear, nor could you knee his head ever

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    that would be all sorts of unfair
    under unified rules there'd basically be no situation in which you could kick the bear, nor could you knee his head ever
    What's the difference between that and Werdum

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    That bear's got an all right double leg, though he needs some coaching. Got to get him to stop going for that guillotine, he's just losing position time and time again.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I ran into Jake Shield at Toys R Us
    v75dp3.jpg

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.