As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Season 2 Episode 3 - The Dragon's Reach Part 1 (Use Spoiler Tags!)

• KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    THANKS guys for a fun night.

It is so awesome that a couple of like minded folks in a non wvw guild can do the things we do. Excellent movement tonight good work all around.

The next blood lotto will have to have an even better mystery box. or worse.

Mojo, thank YOU for doing these! It was very cool to actually get to win something as an officer, since I'm not normally eligible.

Guys, Mojo funds these things himself out of the kindness of his heart (and the hatred of the enemy in his heart). He is The Best. :)

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Remember that the blood lottery is a celebration of LIFE. It's not just about killing people - it's about celebrating, appreciating, and reflecting on the value of life, which we do by killing people.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Remember that the blood lottery is a celebration of our LIFE. It's not just about killing people from other servers who totally deserve it - it's about celebrating over their dead bodies , appreciating our victories, and reflecting on the value of life by counting our bags and badges, which we do by killing people whom we totally do not care about.

I can dig it.

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I missed entry into the Blood Lottery. But I did get in on the WvW. It was a blast. Playing wvw as a melee class is so very different.

How the heck do you guys see whats happening, and react to it with any kind of effectiveness? I'm used to playing Mesmers and Ele's. Last night I was rocking an Asuran Warrior, Kinetic Thrasher. He's only level 33 or so but I think he'll be my next 80.

steam_sig.png
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    warder808 wrote: »
    I missed entry into the Blood Lottery. But I did get in on the WvW. It was a blast. Playing wvw as a melee class is so very different.

How the heck do you guys see whats happening, and react to it with any kind of effectiveness? I'm used to playing Mesmers and Ele's. Last night I was rocking an Asuran Warrior, Kinetic Thrasher. He's only level 33 or so but I think he'll be my next 80.
    Practice and experience mostly, though it has gotten slightly easier, battlefield awareness during the days of culling was more an Art than any kind of Math [even Mojo Math]

WvWednesday is tomorrow night, starting 9 eastern/6 pacific. If you're in the melee train bring the appropriate character. If you're not, show up anyway, you'll have a shiny new meatshield.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Ima pre game from about 7 till 830- 845 est when yougotta logs. Its a big week and FA is emboldend by our near loss to TC last week.... this may be our breakthrough week.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I should be there tonight. I'm not signed up to be in the melee train, does it matter what I bring? I do have a fully geared guardian in soldier/cleric gear running AH.

• JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    I'll be like half an hour late, but I'm not part of the melee train anyway

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Yngvar may or may not make it tonight, depending on when I get home from an early Festivus party.

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Bah, I don't think I'm going to make WvWednesday tonight, so -1 for the melee train. Good luck and have fun!

what a happy day it is
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Is this going to be the Warrior/Guardian thing, or is this a normal WvW night? Cause I might join in but I have no War/Grd

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Is this going to be the Warrior/Guardian thing, or is this a normal WvW night? Cause I might join in but I have no War/Grd
    WvWednesday is tomorrow night, starting 9 eastern/6 pacific. If you're in the melee train bring the appropriate character. If you're not, show up anyway, you'll have a shiny new meatshield.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That was the line that confused me. So its basically both? Ok.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    That was the line that confused me. So its basically both? Ok.
    Oh, sorry. He says that you should come anyway, yea.

Everyone is welcome, not just melee train members. In fact, the train is most effective when working with a complimentary group.

Tonight is kind of like a test drive. We'll spend a couple minutes organizing and going over stuff, nothing major. It's basically a normal WvW night aside from that.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Great news! It looks like I'll be able to join the guild for wuvwuv runs next week! (I won't make it for Wednesday or Friday this week though.) I just got approval to use 1/3 of my yearly vacation time over this holiday break; I'm trading 8 days of PTO for 16 consecutive glorious days at home! So I won't be forced to log in just as the wuvwuv fun is ending, I'll actually be able to play along in the NICE group for the first time ever!

26904.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Hope this isn't too presumptuous of me as a new player to suggest but seeing how well the guild gets together for PvE as well as PvP stuff, I was thinking perhaps one night we could attempt a 'NICE Invasion of Orr'. Basically we roll into the Straits of Devastation and attempt to simultaneously achieve all three Invasion routes for a big old fight at the Cathedral of Glorious Victory. Then we follow that up by liberating any of the other four temples that other players haven't done so at the time and see if we can end it all with the Gates Of Arah event. Maybe we won't get that far but it'd be cool if we made the run to the Arah WP for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet a little NICE-er by shutting down all the statues.

I'd like to point out at this time that temples give (IIRC) 30 dragonite and many of the events leading up to them are lootfests.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So it'd be quite lucrative for all of us if we gave this a shot then. :)

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    gentle reminder to consider donating blueprints and such to Mojo or Yougottawanna

I mail the ones I see in the bank to one or both of them anyway, so that works too

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Hey - thanks to the WvWednesday crew, good run... there were suprisingly few fights to be had unfortunately, and I was feeling kinda sick so I had to cut out early sorry.

Melee train members: I want to get us together and run over a few things, but I'm gonna be out of town until after Christmas (until the 28th actually) so I'm not exactly sure when that'll be. I'll also write something up for non-warrior/guardians. I ALSO might put a lot of the written stuff into a google doc so people don't have to hunt around the thread to find builds and such. In the meantime get your characters as geared and leveled as you can. Thanks...

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    send the builds and stuff to me and we can whack it on the blog for linking

I can recategorise things given that there's way more wvw stuff to be stored than previously

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    send the builds and stuff to me and we can whack it on the blog for linking

I can recategorise things given that there's way more wvw stuff to be stored than previously

Will do

I'll un-clusterfuck it organization wise first though, so everything everyone needs to know is in a logical place.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys! Some dude on Reddit has a gender / race / class distribution survey up on Reddit

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/177Zsts4WmhaAbLpTZOAXQDi4Z52Dp_5IxvaBhzE7at8/viewform

Go take it and stuff so he's got a better distribution than just Reddit.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Said dude (or dudette?) didn't take into account if all you characters are one gender.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Joiry wrote: »
    Said dude (or dudette?) didn't take into account if all you characters are one gender.

Yeah, it's a pretty terrible poll that way :\ TBH I think they didn't understand how to put the poll together and how to get good data. I could probably do better.

Edit: In other news, I'm fiddling with my build and armor again

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelspSXHvSrF17IxoCfG0DAfX8K6xjp8kB-jgCBkIA0BIsBgpmFRjt0JsFPRrCKIKkYaXER1meFRrWKAIGGB-e

I'm still torn on the gear I'm using. I don't want to go straight 'zerkers because I like still being able to wade into stuff, but...

that said, given the weapon-swapping necessary for Kit Refinement plus the combo of Napalm + Magnetic Inversion means I'm constantly weapon swapping, so better to have +3 might on swap

SO to explain again how my particular weird and oddly specific flamethrower PvE build works!

> Swap to Flamethrower. Hold it all the time. Let the power build. Your runes mean that Might lasts something like 120% longer (I'm not sure about the exact calculation but 6 runes with +20% plus 30% general boon duration...)
    > As you approach an enemy, chug Elixirs. Go H, B, Toss H, Toss B, then R. This means that by the time you need healing again, H should come back up thanks you your improved recharge rate from your traits.
    > You should now be in aggro range! Drop Napalm. Swap to Pistol/Shield. Do Magnetic Inversion on the Fire field. Swap back to Flamethrower. You now have a Fire shield!
    > Congrats, you have 25 stacks of Might.
    > Use Incendiary Ammo. Start Flamethrower 1-ing. Laugh as enemies start racking up Vulnerability and Bleed and Burning. After the last hit from Flamethrower 1, hit with Air Blast, which will extend the burning duration and cause knockback.
    > Chug ALL Elixirs (including toolbelt) AS SOON AS THEY COME BACK UP. Don't worry about your healing. You will be fine. Probably. Also, use the Napalm/Magnetic Inversion combo as soon as it recharges (nicely enough, Napalm and Magnetic Inversion have the same recharge rate)
    > Repeat this again and again
    > But don't forget that B has Stability, that Throw R either blinds or reflects, and that Flamethrower 5 also blinds, AND that your pistol has confusion and stuns!

Basically what I'm wondering is, how to make this build EVEN BETTER and how to gear EVEN BETTER for it? The point of the build is basically ALL THE MIGHT and ALL THE BURNING, while keeping up other Boons as much as possible and stripping conditions as quickly as possible (the CONSTANT Elixir cycling means basically that conditions do not stick to you at all)

My main thoughts are, is bothering to up my critical chance for moar Bleed and Vulnerability better? What about general Boon Duration? Should I bother with Healing Power and Toughness (so that I need to worry less about how often I'm slamming Elixir H)

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    So, normally a skill point is worth roughly 40-50s.

But due to the current demand for cloth far outstripping the supply, the current anomaly has arisen:

http://ec2-174-129-236-8.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8000/gw2sp2g/

(I know the URL looks dodgy, but it's legit. It's the EggBaron skillpoint spreadsheet that auto-updates from the GW2 BLTP API)

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Many-Questions-so-Dev/first#post3397272
    The Community Team is launching new initiative, in partnership with the rest of the Guild Wars 2 team! We’ve heard your requests for more interaction and answers to so many questions. We want to give you the chance to ask questions and receive answers directly from the developers, artists, musicians, technicians…everyone!

Starting in January, we’ll be creating new posts every other week on a variety of topics. We’ll leave the threads open for a few days, so we can gather questions from the community and pass them over to the teams. Once we get the answers, we’ll bring them to you! Our plan is to localize all this into German, French, and Spanish, so everyone can participate equally across each of our forum communities.
    So_Dev.png

Internet memes aside, it seems like a pretty cool idea. I always like to see more dev interaction with players. This along with the CDI has me feeling pretty positive about the future of the game at the moment.

And on the topic of CDI, this is the proposal list that is being taken to the dev teams to consider from the first phase of the progression topic (vertical progression):
    • Regarding Ascended Gear we would like to see more ways to earn it and in terms of drop rates, a higher percentage chance of acquiring them through this method.
    • A review of current RNG metrics.
    • The ability to change gear stats
    • The ability to build up to Ascended Gear through drops rather than just relying on RNG.
    • Ascended Gear mats dropping more equally across the game, for example WvW.
    • No more new Gear tiers that make the existing tiers obsolete.
    • Additional ways to earn Ascended Gear at accelerated for Alts.
    There is no promise that any of these items will be acted on (or if so when), but it will at the very least be discussed internally by the devs.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

Bethryn wrote: »
    So, normally a skill point is worth roughly 40-50s.

But due to the current demand for cloth far outstripping the supply, the current anomaly has arisen:

http://ec2-174-129-236-8.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8000/gw2sp2g/

(I know the URL looks dodgy, but it's legit. It's the EggBaron skillpoint spreadsheet that auto-updates from the GW2 BLTP API)

The anomoly is a chart? Say what you are trying to say? what has spiked?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The chart auto-updates, so the market has since adjusted.

However, you could make between 1.5 and 2.5g per skill point for a couple of hours yesterday, turning t1 cloth into t2.

It's likely to happen again though; the way drops work, players will have a hard time farming for low level cloth on their mains.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited December 2013
    Ah there we go.

I have been listening to hardcore history podcast all week about the mongols and thier kahns. Im ready for a wvw campagin.

But first to nail this interview.

mojojoeo on
    Enig wrote: »
    • The ability to change gear stats
    There is no promise that any of these items will be acted on (or if so when), but it will at the very least be discussed internally by the devs.

If they added the ability to change stats on ascended like legendaries, it might make ascended somewhat more worth their super grind. I posted something like this early on in the main forums when ascended weapons went live. They could have the crafting involve combing a reasonable amount of each of the T6 fine materials into a, um, "chromatic" crest.
    Ah there we go.

I have been listening to hardcore history podcast all week about the mongols and thier kahns. Im ready for a wvw campagin.

But first to nail this interview.

Are we dressing up mongol style for the next campaign? I loved the old ranger canthan armor, had a plains barbarian feel.

wiki.guildwars.com/images/2/2e/Ranger_Canthan_armor_f.jpg

We should.

Interview went well. Now the wait

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Why go fake? A Kahn writes a letter to the Pope who just wrote him a scolding letter. Skip to ~~5:12 to skip the popes confusing mess. time codes dont work on pa links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3KpekANjtM#t=0h5m12s

essentially in parts -Look at all we have done- Your God favors us.

They were gangster.

mojojoeo on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Why go fake? A Kahn writes a letter to the Pope who just wrote him a scolding letter. Skip to ~~5:12 to skip the popes confusing mess. time codes dont work on pa links.

They were gangster.

sounds like an interesting theme night. Every class must be able to use a bow of some sort. When taking an objective such as a tower or keep, the entire structure must be destroyed to simulate the slash and burn tactics of the mongols. I'm sure there'd be a few more things to include in there as well. :)

253J736.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

That is my favorite movie of all time.

JtgVX0H.png
    WolveSight wrote: »

They were gangster.

sounds like an interesting theme night. Every class must be able to use a bow of some sort. When taking an objective such as a tower or keep, the entire structure must be destroyed to simulate the slash and burn tactics of the mongols. I'm sure there'd be a few more things to include in there as well. :)

Each solider owes me 10 ears.