As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Season 2 Episode 3 - The Dragon's Reach Part 1 (Use Spoiler Tags!)

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Post-ep2 Dry Top spoilers
    So people have been breaking out of the map and going exploring.

Link

Dry Top looks like it's going to be a full-size zone when it's done being revealed, judging by the northern extremes relative to the zone nameplate.

I went to see this myself a few days ago. I think you're right about the size of it.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So like monday 8 est -> until?

UNTIL OUR ENEMIES ARE DRIVEN BEFORE US, AND WE HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN

I had hoped to wuv with ya'll, but work decided to cancel my weekend(s) for a bit. Maybe next time.

253J736.png
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    If they keep adding zones/parts of zones at their current rate that'll be pretty cool....

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Man, WP keeps showing a picture of the human gods. If Zodiac is Dwayna armor, hoping there will be armor of other gods in the future.

• Options
    He has a new video about the Bloodstone by the way:

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm still not totally sure about the assertion that the bloodstone in Abaddon's Mouth is the keystone, but beyond that it reflects a little of my own interest in the Bloodstones and the possibility of revisiting them in this season.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So you people who grind black lion keys by doing the intros repeatedly...
    which combo of class/race have you found is the quickest?

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    I believe the general wisdom is Human Commoner Warrior, using either a Greatsword or a Longbow.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Well, Guardian is generally used, especially for group runs, because of the staff, but only if you have the quick bank access stuff.

Otherwise yeah, Warrior.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Human-guardian-commoner for me. I don't have the immediate bank access but the intro isn't a problem as you can rush to the end boss via the river valley, then when you spawn in Queensdale you can hit up wvw and access your bank from the guild bank dude (top-left drop-down box, select account bank, drag out to your inventory).

I find it better than warrior even for solo as the staff attack works through walls for the orphanage and the might boost on 4 is great for buffing your allies there and in the final encounter. Could be slightly slower I guess, but I've found it more reliable taking on the lv10 mission at lv4.

Huggles on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Monday WVWs 8 est

we will be annoying, this much I know!

Come have a lil fun!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I MADE A FRIEND. It was a girl me! It ruined girl me's day for some reason to know that mojojoeo prime is the real mojo.

WTF_IS_GOING_ON.jpg

i was literally standing in la. minding own buisness....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    You know in wow I called my warlock Myoujou which is (according to the one site I looked up) Japanese for Lucifer, or "the devil."

It's pronounced Meyou jou.

Because I am an idiot, I left out the Y (typo) and hit enter before I realised my mistake. and then I didn't care enough to fix it cos I just wanted a funny looking name. Moujou

Western people being what they are everyone on team speak just called me MoJojo

"Hey guys"

"Hey Mojojojojojojooo"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Trailer for the next part of the living story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpzAUWmklA

Get excite.

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Trailer for the next part of the living story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpzAUWmklA

Get excite.

WHOA.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Did I just see Rytlock freeing the ghosts from their curse?

?!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I thought the curse needed Ascalonion royalty/nobility to undo it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I should probably not watch that video, as I'm only level 30-something. But... I did.

I have no idea what was going on in it, though, so it's all good.

• Options
    Holy nutballs.

Remind me who that charr dude is again?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Holy nutballs.

Rytlock Brimstone, one of the members of Destiny's Edge. What I'd like to know is who were the Asura Tammi was seen with.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    that seems like more story than the last few updates.

temper your expectations against the 2 hours of gamplay each update has added thus far.

on the other hand.

Rytlock just released the curse!?!?!?!?!?!?!

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    The potential story here has me very excited and intrigued. Particularly how it impacts lore. I don't think Rytlock can undo the curse. Maybe he tries and fails? And is Jormag back in the picture now somehow?! I'm glad the original Destiny's Edge is being abandoned.

Also, apparently...
    Dry Top will not be expanding with this patch.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Holy nutballs.

Rytlock Brimstone, one of the members of Destiny's Edge. What I'd like to know is who were the Asura Tammi was seen with.
    I've read that they might be inquest. Probably speculation.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    No dude, I hope he does undo it. Anet keeps talking about a world that changes. Maybe he can't get Ascalonian Catacombs clear (so we still have that dungeon) because King Dickbag is, well, King Dickbag, but it'd be amazing to see the rest of Ascalon suddenly clear of ghosts.

Just in time for it to be overrun by horrible plant beasties and/or more crystal beasties.

Dude, BLACK CITADEL being attacked by vines? Aaaaaaaaa

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Holy nutballs.

Ohhhh now I remember. They had something to do with the story somehow didn't they? It was so very long ago.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Holy nutballs.

Ohhhh now I remember. They had something to do with the story somehow didn't they? It was so very long ago.

He's a tribune of Blood Legion which has been focusing on clearing Ascalon. He's also got Rurik's sword.

• Options
    I may be poking fun at how we've heard nothing from them for nearly two years ;)

• Options
    Apparently, there are two more updates for living story (July 29th and August 12th) and then the story will take a break for a bit. A mid-season hiatus.

My guess is the August 26th patch will be anniversary/celebration/festival related.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I've heard that the exact words are "rightful king of Ascalon" and seeing as the charr have been ruling Ascalon for almost two hundred years... though I don't see how Rytlock would fit in that either, seeing as he's Blood Legion, and Ascalon is technically Iron Legion lands.

Also, IIRC the idea that it would take one or both of the swords and/or someone descended from King Doric to end the curse is something the humans came up with, and not necessarily something backed by prophecy, studies of the ruins/ghosts, reports from the charr survivors of the Foefire, etc. I think Rytlock called the idea "...a foolish human legend" during AC story

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    ER MEH GERD!!!! That Trailer! I am so happy that they are finally returning to tie up loose plot points!

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I've heard that the exact words are "rightful king of Ascalon" and seeing as the charr have been ruling Ascalon for almost two hundred years... though I don't see how Rytlock would fit in that either, seeing as he's Blood Legion, and Ascalon is technically Iron Legion lands.

Also, IIRC the idea that it would take one or both of the swords and/or someone descended from King Doric to end the curse is something the humans came up with, and not necessarily something backed by prophecy, studies of the ruins/ghosts, reports from the charr survivors of the Foefire, etc. I think Rytlock called the idea "...a foolish human legend" during AC story
    If it is true, Queen Jenna is descended from Doric right? And possibly Kasmeer if speculation is correct.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys. I know I'm not the most active PA GW2'er, but my nephew just got this game (he's been playing on my account for a while) and I'd love for him to be in NICE and not have to wander around alone. A. Is it okay for me to ask him to be invited? and B. Is there room?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

If it is true, Queen Jenna is descended from Doric right? And possibly Kasmeer if speculation is correct.
    ...and whoever shows up in that locket in the Fort Concordia mission

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey guys. I know I'm not the most active PA GW2'er, but my nephew just got this game (he's been playing on my account for a while) and I'd love for him to be in NICE and not have to wander around alone. A. Is it okay for me to ask him to be invited? and B. Is there room?

Sure, friends and family are welcome and there's plenty of room in the guild. Have him message an officer, or put his account name here and we'll send him an invite.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    No dude, I hope he does undo it. Anet keeps talking about a world that changes. Maybe he can't get Ascalonian Catacombs clear (so we still have that dungeon) because King Dickbag is, well, King Dickbag, but it'd be amazing to see the rest of Ascalon suddenly clear of ghosts.

Just in time for it to be overrun by horrible plant beasties and/or more crystal beasties.

Dude, BLACK CITADEL being attacked by vines? Aaaaaaaaa

Similarly, the first thing I thought when I saw that scene was "what will low level people kill to level up now?"

I feel like crystal baddies would thematically work, but might be too far away to put so close. I mean, there are ghosts right next to the Citadel, but there's a bit if distance between the nearest crystal baddie and this.

Plant people? Maybe the Moradrim are looking to eat the magical energy the ghosts leave when they're freed? That could bring them in, but it might put them too close to the crystal baddies if they stretch too far? I guess there are branded right next to Claw of Jormag's zone, so maybe that's not a concern.

Either way, it'd mean a lot more to me if they replaced the ghosts than the destruction of LA did (and the LA change wasn't meaningless, I would just appreciate it more since it'd need more work to do in theory).

Perrsun on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Been playing again since I ran out of classes to level in WoW, looking for people to chat with while I grind out levels. Can I get an invite to the guild? Account name's DKamar.7031

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

Sure, friends and family are welcome and there's plenty of room in the guild. Have him message an officer, or put his account name here and we'll send him an invite.

Thank you Geod. /bow

I sent you a PM.

On another topic, does anyone have a leveling guide for an elementalist? I tried one before, using D/D, but it felt too risky and I ended up pretty close to killing myself many times. I do want to give it another shot though.

And is there anything I should know about leveling warriors other than "kill all the things"?

• Options

Thank you Geod. /bow

I sent you a PM.

On another topic, does anyone have a leveling guide for an elementalist? I tried one before, using D/D, but it felt too risky and I ended up pretty close to killing myself many times. I do want to give it another shot though.

And is there anything I should know about leveling warriors other than "kill all the things"?

I have a ele leveling guide.

dagger dagger. all utilities cantrips. all traits summoned weapon buffs plus cantrip buffs + cantrips heals. elite = summon. lightening hammer.

Decimate. all. the. things.

you have 4 heal buttons that buff you with might and regen. you have a minion for tough guys. You can solo groups of 4 or so.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular

Thank you Geod. /bow

I sent you a PM.

Lightning Hammer! Just auto attack, the blind on the 3rd hit syncs almost perfectly with most enemy attack rates.