As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] ORAS doesn't stand for Oranges

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Velmeran wrote: »
    So, did something about Shiny chances change recently? I've been working on getting my pokedex finished and two days ago caught a shiny corpfish, which was pretty cool as it was my first ever. But then last night while in lost hotel, I happened upon a shiny klefki.

Seems really crazy to get two in such a short time span.

Haven't done that yet, but I just got a lv 100 shiny Raikou off GTS. First shiny other than Red Gyrados.

Speaking of which (LOL), @rockinx, wanna trade back tomorrow night?

Sure. What time? (specify time zone, too, please).

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Whats the best route to find a Magikarp (poke x). My pokemon staple is making a laser fish asap. I must have a Mr. Fish in my party.

2010-04-26.jpg

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Does 7:00 EST work for you @RockinX?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Okay, seriously guys: How do you beat Gale Wings Talonflame? Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar are easier to counter than that beast. Brave Bird KO's even my Donphan in two hits, and he only gets a single chance to use Stone Edge.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Personally I beat it by having Mega Aggron tank every physical hit forever.

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. +6 4 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 33-40 (11.7 - 14.1%) -- possible 8HKO

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Banning Swagger sounds stupid.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Okay, seriously guys: How do you beat Gale Wings Talonflame? Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar are easier to counter than that beast. Brave Bird KO's even my Donphan in two hits, and he only gets a single chance to use Stone Edge.

Rotom Wash, Tyranitar, etc.

RockinX on
  • Options
    @RockinX SS or XY?

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Also, can you resend FC? Mine on SS is 4213-8268-8297

QuantumShaddow on

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Give me about ten minutes. I'll send you my FC then.

• Options
    SoulSilver: 1550-96350078

• Options
  • Options
    Going on now!

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Alright. Don't forget next time, don't send over stuff you will want back :P

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    also talonflame falls to rock moves.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    Alright. Don't forget next time, don't send over stuff you will want back :P

Lesson learned! Thank you!

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So, do you need just one other person to communicate with in BW/BW2 to level the join avenue/black city up?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    DashDash Registered User regular
    Hey so I'm working out how to audition for the Pokemon World Championships commentator gig. I am thinking the best way to handle it would be to provide commentary over a doubles Battle Video. Anyone have a particularly exciting match to reccomend/submit? It'd be rad to use one of your guys' matches, but poking around on Nugget Bridge is an option too. The recent regionals already have some commentary so I figure its best to submit with footage that is not so high profile but not one of my own.

Too bad I can't get direct feed without some modded 3DS. Should be able to get the lighting right though so that it doesn't look like crap.

3DS FC: 1547-5192-0677
    Pokemon Y
    Username 360/PS3/Wii U : Dasherino
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I want to battle (also on doubles), but my connection doesn't allow me to stay online longer than 18 minutes and a half (and very consistently, too).

Though VGC battles should take a shorter time, so it's possible that I can do them. I might try later. I have some crazy ideas that might even work.

RockinX on
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Unless they changed it since I participated a few years ago, time limit per match is 15 minutes.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    That's perfect. Now I'm going to dedicate my breeding exclusively to VGC style then. I'll play singles when I'm playing locally.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. +6 4 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 33-40 (11.7 - 14.1%) -- possible 8HKO

Wait, Mega Aggron? Interest in playing the postgame rekindled.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dash wrote: »
    Hey so I'm working out how to audition for the Pokemon World Championships commentator gig. I am thinking the best way to handle it would be to provide commentary over a doubles Battle Video. Anyone have a particularly exciting match to reccomend/submit? It'd be rad to use one of your guys' matches, but poking around on Nugget Bridge is an option too. The recent regionals already have some commentary so I figure its best to submit with footage that is not so high profile but not one of my own.

Too bad I can't get direct feed without some modded 3DS. Should be able to get the lighting right though so that it doesn't look like crap.
    Just imitate Smash commentators and make up lingo on the fly.

HE'S BUTTERING HIS TURKEY AND GOING SOLO WITH THE POLO. WOMBO COMBO. WOMBO COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Wait, Mega Aggron? Interest in playing the postgame rekindled.

Pro tip: Rest Talk Mega Aggron is nuts. You stop thinking of moves as "special" and "physical", rather, "special" and "what? did you say something? did your pokemon do a thing? i didn't notice".

I have seen in the log on PS "Mienshao used Hi Jump Kick! It's super effective! Aggron lost 1.6% HP!"
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Just imitate Smash commentators and make up lingo on the fly.

HE'S BUTTERING HIS TURKEY AND GOING SOLO WITH THE POLO. WOMBO COMBO. WOMBO COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

God, I love Smash commentators.

Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what is a wombo combo

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Go on Youtube and look up WWE Jim Ross.

Go full on wrestling commentator

"BAH GAWD AS GAWD AS MAH WITNESS PIKACHU HAS BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!"

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like Siebold.

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    what is a wombo combo
    exactly

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    what is a wombo combo

Its not quite a wombat and its not quite a rambo but ohh man. . .

So to answer your question I dont know

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, after resisting the urge for so long, I've decided that I want to make use of the Pokémon Bank by transferring things (mostly legendaries) from older games to X. That means getting out my copy of Diamond, getting either Black 2 or White 2, and possibly hunting down a copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver.

I only got Dialga and two of the Lake Trio in Diamond so far; time to hunt the rest with a team of seven year old Pokemon.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Are there any move tutors in the fourth generation Pokémon games that teach moves unavailable in later games? I know that there are far more tutor moves in the fifth generation games than XY, so I was wondering if there are moves that Pokémon can only be taught in the fourth generation games, too.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    what is a wombo combo

Its not quite a wombat and its not quite a rambo but ohh man. . .

So to answer your question I dont know

I understood that reference . gif

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Are there any move tutors in the fourth generation Pokémon games that teach moves unavailable in later games? I know that there are far more tutor moves in the fifth generation games than XY, so I was wondering if there are moves that Pokémon can only be taught in the fourth generation games, too.
    Sucker Punch and Vacuum Wave.

Also Defog.

RockinX on
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    What do you think's the best way to get a foreign Ditto? I've tried putting Dittos up on the GTS for other dittos, but it hasn't worked yet...

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    What do you think's the best way to get a foreign Ditto? I've tried putting Dittos up on the GTS for other dittos, but it hasn't worked yet...
    Sig.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Wow! Hey, I'll totally take one if you can, @RockinX. I just registered you. Let me know if there's anything you could use...the only decent things I have for trade are Porygons with Pokerus and most of the starters. I can give you a heartscale though, for sure.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Let me know when you can get on.

• Options
    Thanks so much! Sorry for canceling initial trade; I hadn't equipped the heart scale yet!

Smoogy-1689