As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hopefully it ends like the rest of them too.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    there are some really shifty ref calls going on.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think the refs are doing alright. Seem to be calling a fair game.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Those threes might make this a Uconn win.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Shut up, Virgil! Nobody asked you!

• Options
    I kid because I <3

• Options
    Free throws are killing us!

• Options
    this game is killing me.

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    i'm getting worked up every time they cut to video of Gampel or that KY fan room, because dammit keep the camera on the actual game

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Dammit... This is feeling like the end for Kentucky

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    OH HELLLLL YEAH

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Well that was a great game at least. Congrats UConn.

• Options
    oh my GOD this game was INSANE

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    Just imagine how good this Kentucky team will be next year when all of these freshman have a year of experience....

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Just imagine how good this Kentucky team will be next year when all of these freshman have a year of experience

hopefully decent free throw shooting? :P

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Michigan State has a recruit coming in named Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr, which is East-West Bowl level amazing.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Michigan State has a recruit coming in named Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr, which is East-West Bowl level amazing.

I look forward to reading the Chronicles of Nairn Jr

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Joel Embiid press conference tomorrow at 2. Godspeed, JoJo.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    And UConn's women's team, surprising no one, is crushing Notre Dame in the championship game.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's really cool that both the mens and womens champs are UConn.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Happened in '04 too

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Happened in '04 too

That makes it even cooler. 10 years later.

• Options
    It's back!

KU looks good in the first half, albeit against Washburn. There's definitely some issues; their ball movement isn't great and the defense isn't there yet. But the Ellis/Traylor/Alexander frontcourt rotation is going to be good on both ends, and I think Oubre has the tools to be a real player.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    The biggest travesty of the season so far is that Tekele Cotton didn't make ESPN's top 100 players.

Mark my words: this year will be the Tekele Cotton show at WSU.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Does UNC even get to play this year? Do we just hide under a rock? Do we cut off our athletics like a highly profitable vestigal limb?

• Options
    My feelings on Roy Williams, and by extension, UNC are well-known and do not need to be repeated.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    So, Wu, what are the odds that Frankamp ends up in yellow and black next year? I think it'd be a good look for him.

The first Badger exhibition is tonight. It's pretty much the same team from last year, so I don't expect too many surprises. Mostly curious to see how Hayes has developed over the summer and if he really has added some range to his shot.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Rumor has it that odds are good, although I'd think he'd rather land at a big-conference school that needs his skills (*cough* Creighton *snort*). It all depends on how bad he wants to stick it to Self. He's obviously upset at something, probably his place on the depth chart.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    YES COLLEGE BBALL

• Options
    BTW Zim, you are absolutely spoiled with good basketball right now between Wisky, KU, and WSU.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Kentucky is winning it this year! MARK MY WORDS!

I know, it's a BOLD prediction.

• Options
    I also want to apologize to everyone in advance for the inevitable meltdown about scheduling/media/seeding/getting jobbed by the committee. I am not a perfect man.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    WuShock, you're far too ambiguous about who your favorite team is.

• Options
    I know. Shit or get off the pot, right?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    WuShock wrote: »
    BTW Zim, you are absolutely spoiled with good basketball right now between Wisky, KU, and WSU.

My cup truly runneth over this year.

I think if Frankamp does go to WSU it's a sign that Fred and/or Ron are going pro next year. Hard to see him leaving for playing time just to come off the bench somewhere else.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    This is Cotton's senior year, so there would be space next season even if they both stay.

Frankly, I'm surprised. I thought his performance in the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments would have been enough to garner some respect from Self.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Let's talk about IU for a second.

Davis hit by a car. Holt hit him with a car. Robinson and Williams both out for multiple failed drug tests.

Waiting on a donor to buy out Crean's contract. Bloomington is in an uproar.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    After seeing the discipline his teams at Marquette had, I'm absolutely puzzled at the current dumpster fire Crean has at IU.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    WuShock wrote: »
    This is Cotton's senior year, so there would be space next season even if they both stay.

Frankly, I'm surprised. I thought his performance in the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments would have been enough to garner some respect from Self.

Same. I think he'd work really well as the off-guard in the 2 PG lineups that Self likes to run. His defense was getting pretty acceptable, too.