As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    man, big 3 there...

edit: and another big 3 for ND. Back and forth we go

ani_game_bum on
    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I do not like Jaren Grant very much!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    make it stop

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    LET'S FUCKING GO ND

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    okay on the one hand, it would be hilarious if kentucky lost, but on the other, notre dame is the worst

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    okay on the one hand, it would be hilarious if kentucky lost, but on the other, notre dame is the worst

the winner of sparty/louisville (sparty) will beat ND so it's fine

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Why did I not get drunk before this game?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Notre Dame can't stop Towns.

It helps that the refs are giving him like 3 steps as long as he does it with his back to the hoop.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    They really had to show the fucking Laettner shot?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Stop showing Christian Laettner.

Nobody outside of Duke and shitty sportscasters wants to hear about it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Fuck

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT! Yeahhhh!!!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MY BRACKET LIVES.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WOOOO!!!

That was about as good as a team could play against Kentucky and they managed to hold on.

fuck...

• Options
    40 point blow out and now this. Holy fuck!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Notre Dame played a damn near perfect second half. I can't believe Kentucky managed to win that game.

• Options

Fucking 20 years later Duke fans can't shut up about it. I hope 20 years from now, whenever Duke is in a close game, they show when they got put out first round by Mercer Bears.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Wow, just a great hard-fought game, probably one of the best games in this tournament. Oddly I'm not too disappointed or upset; it was a great back and forth game with chances to win on both sides and I guess I'm appreciating the quality of the game and not so much who won or lost right now. Congrats to Kentucky and their fans.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    I would have said the same had Notre Dame won.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It was a good (great) game, but ND got away from running offense late. And letting Towns just abuse Auguste was maybe not the best decision.

Basically a replay of last year's Kentucky/Michigan Elite Eight game.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Fucking 20 years later Duke fans can't shut up about it. I hope 20 years from now, whenever Duke is in a close game, they show when they got put out first round by Mercer Bears.

Considering they've already forgotten about Lehigh, I don't think that's likely.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Notre Dame played a similar defensive game plan when they played Duke in the ACC tournament. Let the dominant center beat you inside so that you don't give up 3s. Unfortunately it didn't work out quite as well this time.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Considering they've already forgotten about Lehigh, I don't think that's likely.

The truth is they'll never shut up about it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
  • Options
    I once saw a district high school game decided by an erroneous 3 point call.

The gym was set down in a pit so you had to climb the stairs to get to the locker rooms.

The officiating had been atrocious for the entire game, but this one took the cake.

Team A was leading by 2 points and had the ball with 10 seconds left. Team B's star player stole the ball and got down court with about 5 on the clock. He took his shot just before the buzzer, and the ref, halfway up the steps out of the gym, turned around and signaled 3 points. Team B wins.

Subsequent viewing of the game tape revealed the player had one foot inside the 3 point line, which the ref might have seen if he'd still been on the court at the time.

• Options
    Never count out Tom Izzo...

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Game's not over uet

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Why am I at the park with my kids instead of watching this game?

• Options
    Isn't it time your kids learn to appreciate the Madness of March?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    It'd be nice.

• Options
    Never count out Tom Izzo...

• Options
    Victory for MSU

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Taste the happy, Michael

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Kinda tastes like sad.

• Options
    Come on, Zags. I don't think my poor heart could handle a Kentucky/Duke championship game.

• Options
    Come on, Zags. I don't think my poor heart could handle a Kentucky/Duke championship game.

Make it happen! Let's go!

• Options
    MSU/Wisconsin final.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    If the final is Kentucky/Duke I'm going to have to be so drunk for that game.

• Options
    It be nice if just one of UK's games could start before 9 o'clock.

kyrcl.png
  • Options