As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Knew it'd be okay. Fred takes care of business. I'm only a little disappointed that Tekele didn't have another SC Top 10 dunk there this year.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Well that UM vs MSU game was fun. Dawson's back to back oop slams were plain filthy.

I know U of M is in a down year with their starting guard injuries, but it was just so satisfying to flat out blow them clean out of their own building like that.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL

• Options
    YES

HOLY JESUS THAT GAME

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Thank God Duke won that game. Otherwise, the pollsters would have shoved UNC above them in the polls and we'd be reading the same rehashed crap about how tough the ACC is from hell to breakfast.

Also, Roy Williams deserves to lose every game, and UNC should get the death penalty anyway.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    Thank God Duke won that game. Otherwise, the pollsters would have shoved UNC above them in the polls and we'd be reading the same rehashed crap about how tough the ACC is from hell to breakfast.

Also, Roy Williams deserves to lose every game, and UNC should get the death penalty anyway.

How is that any different with Duke winning the game?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    No upset to ratchet up the hyperbole. It's just a dull roar as opposed to a thousand sportswriters jizzing themselves.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm ready for the tournament now.

I know I'm going to pick Kentucky to win it all but I'm super nervous.

Hopefully we get another early Duke upset this year.

• Options
    Hopefully you get to stay the hell out of the way of an angry Tekele Cotton.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    I was hoping that adding Louisville to the conference would shake things up in the ACC, but they've been about as effective as a wet turd.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Kentucky is going to be super ripe for an upset come tournament time.

• Options

So, what you're saying is that a loss would be good for them at this point? ;)

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options

So, what you're saying is that a loss would be good for them at this point? ;)

Maybe?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm ready for the tournament now.

I know I'm going to pick Kentucky to win it all but I'm super nervous.

Hopefully we get another early Duke upset this year.

:(
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I was hoping that adding Louisville to the conference would shake things up in the ACC, but they've been about as effective as a wet turd.

They're in 4th place. That's still pretty good considering the top 5 are all top 15 teams. I don't know what you expected. The ACC overall is overrated but that top 3rd is no joke.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    I'm just salty about the NC and Duke games.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I'm just salty about the NC and Duke games.

You beat UNC once! Almost twice! Anything that sets UNC back is a good thing!

e: Why does Virginia keep getting such soft schedules? Louisville is the only team in the top 10 of the ACC that they play twice.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    It's a real bummer that Maryland is good again for the first time in half a decade but it's in the Big Ten now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    y'all got stomped by iowa and only beat the sixth, eleventh, and thirteenth place teams in the big ten by a combined 9 points so I dunno if that indicates that maryland is only good for the first time in half a decade because they joined the big ten on a down year, or what

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    y'all got stomped by iowa and only beat the sixth, eleventh, and thirteenth place teams in the big ten by a combined 9 points so I dunno if that indicates that maryland is only good for the first time in half a decade because they joined the big ten on a down year, or what

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's a real bummer that Maryland is good again for the first time in half a decade but it's in the Big Ten now.

WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY

• Options
    We are also in 2nd place and are 3-0 against the 3rd and 4th place teams so

I mean the big ten is bad yes, but it's better now with Maryland in it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    http://www.sporcle.com/games/MattL1216/apbballno1s

I love sporcle.

I managed 46 of them.

• Options
    Only 33. I blanked so hard on some obvious ones. How the hell did I forget Indiana? Not only a historic program, but they were #1 just 2 years ago! I never would have gotten some of them like Bradley and San Francisco though.

• Options
    Yeah I know I missed on Bradley and San Francisco too.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY

Speak for yourself. I'd have helped them pack if they'd asked (and left the room while I did the packing)

• Options
    I wish they would take the NBA 2K15 engine and make a new college basketball game.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Bobble wrote: »

WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY

Speak for yourself. I'd have helped them pack if they'd asked (and left the room while I did the packing)

duke-kid-crying1.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I wish they would take the NBA 2K15 engine and make a new college basketball game.

Seriously. I still drag out the Xbox every couple of months to play College Hoops 2k7.

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bobble wrote: »

WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY

No I hate Maryland almost as much as I hate UNC. The Maryland game was always either highly anticipated or the biggest trap game of the year. I'd still rather them be in the ACC though.

http://youtu.be/T9_pPqWfI84

Also aside from anything else, the uploader's username is SeanMayTriedToEatMe which is just perfect.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    College Gameday at Charles.Koch Arena next Saturday! What sign should I bring?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Welcome to the ACC, Wisconsin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    And UNC and Notre Dame go down to NC State and Syracuse respectively. Now Virginia just has to manage to lose a few games. Slim chance of that though.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    We are also in 2nd place and are 3-0 against the 3rd and 4th place teams so

I mean the big ten is bad yes, but it's better now with Maryland in it.

The big ten is bad this year.

We are the most dominant conference in basketball nearly every year.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida left between Kentucky and their perfect regular season.

• Options

We are the most dominant conference in basketball nearly every year.

Interesting fact: Since 1985, the Big Ten has won three national championships. In the same time span, UNC and Kentucky have each won three, and UConn and Duke have won four. Hell, Florida has won two and the first time they went to the NCAA tournament at all was 1988.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida left between Kentucky and their perfect regular season.

GA and FL both gave the Cats a run for their money earlier in the season, with the Gators playing better than I'd seen all year.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Everyone is going to be playing their best against Kentucky at this point. Everyone wants to dethrone the king.

• Options
    That's a fact. I'd like to see another UCLA or Missouri style blow-out.

kyrcl.png