As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    I am dead after last night. Double OT that came down to the wire(and some bad calls), hot damn that was a good game now that all of the salt has gone down.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Utah just outscored ASU 41-9 in the first half.

The Utes had 10 blocks.

I don't understand anything right now. That score has bludgeoned me insensible.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    You saw the Kentucky-UCLA game earlier this season right? 41-7 at the half and UCLA isn't nearly as bad as Arizona State.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    ASU just beat UCLA last week!

ASU beat Arizona two weeks ago!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the clip of the Vandy coach screaming "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU" at his own player in the handshake line is my new favorite thing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ringo wrote: »
    ASU just beat UCLA last week!

ASU beat Arizona two weeks ago!

I didn't know about that first one actually. Also I thought ASU was a lot lower in the PAC12 than they are. Whoops!

As for them beating Arizona, Boston College was the first ACC team to beat Syracuse last year. I don't think anyone was prepared to say that Boston College was any good even after that.

Balefuego wrote: »
    the clip of the Vandy coach screaming "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU" at his own player in the handshake line is my new favorite thing

For reference:

Also I did not know that if you hit quote while editing a post it will stick the quote in the edit box instead of the regular box. Neat!

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

Classy. He's as wrong as their messed up court.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Mego Thor wrote: »

After the Commodores' 73-65 victory, Baldwin was seen clapping in the face of Tennessee forward Armani Moore.

Stalling was informed of Baldwin's actions by a Vols staff member. The Commodores coach then pulled Baldwin out of the handshake line and loudly and profanely berated him.

Well, there's a kernel of class in there

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Sparty would go out and win 3 straight road games and one against OSU, and then drop one to Minnesota at home.

This is the weirdest MSU team. I swear we could beat Duke and lose to Drexel or something on consecutive nights.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Vandy coach's heart was in the right place, just overdid it. You gotta call out that crap when you see it.

Those end-line benches, doe....

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Sparty would go out and win 3 straight road games and one against OSU, and then drop one to Minnesota at home.

This is the weirdest MSU team. I swear we could beat Duke and lose to Drexel or something on consecutive nights.

No worries there you already played Duke.

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »

After the Commodores' 73-65 victory, Baldwin was seen clapping in the face of Tennessee forward Armani Moore.

Stalling was informed of Baldwin's actions by a Vols staff member. The Commodores coach then pulled Baldwin out of the handshake line and loudly and profanely berated him.

Well, there's a kernel of class in there

I mean, what he did is like 10 times worse than what the player did, which is why it's so funny to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm sick as hell today, my wife is going out of town for the day and the kids are going to grandma's.

I'm going to lay in bed and watch college basketball all day.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dammit, the end of the Wichita State game is going to run over the stay of the Kentucky game.

A decision is going to have to be made.

• Options
    Holly shit this crowd at Wichita State is LOUD

• Options
    @WuShock Where you at? Do a weird dance until we see you.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    And Northern Iowa gets rewarded for some great defense by having two bad fouls called against them, both late in the shot clock.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    This is a great game

• Options
    And it's going to end just in time for the Kentucky game

• Options
    Tekele Cotton windmill jam!

• Options
    I'll take a 16 point lead at the half.

• Options
    My ears are still ringing. THAT was the pissed off Wichita State crowd I love.

My seat is way up in row 29 so you ain't seeing me during a game. I apparently was spotted on GameDay this morning.

Tekele Cotton is a national treasure.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    The touch, the feel, of Cotton.

It's the fabric of our lives.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    BYU brings down the Zags! No 1 seed for you! Villanova gets that 1 seed now right?

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Wow Gonzaga lost to BYU, that is something as I think that can possibly bring BYU inside the bubble maybe? That would be nice.

Sucks my zags lost though. Still going to the dance though so whoooo cares at this point.

• Options
    According to Lunardi the Zags were a questionable one before the loss so I'd imagine this takes then out for sure.

• Options
    Lunardi is a troll.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular

Sounds like a pretty standard Big Ten basketball season to me.

• Options
    Rasheed Sulaimon at center of sexual assault allegations prior to dismissal
    Rasheed Sulaimon's dismissal from the Duke basketball program is clouded by allegations of sexual assault, which surfaced nearly a year before he was released from the team in January. Multiple sources close to the situation have confirmed that members of the athletic department were made aware of the allegations as early as March 2014.

This probably isn't going to end well.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's a good piece of reporting but it just leaves me with questions. The biggest one being, why now? Why dismiss him a year later unless something new came up? Unless I missed something in the article, the only recent developments were the two interns chatting about it and one quitting his job over it? I mean, people are saying Duke should've kicked him out last year if these allegations are true, but how on earth are they supposed to know they're true if the girls didn't even make a formal complaint with the university? They just mentioned it to some other students and that's it. Not much for the coaching staff to go on there.

And that leads to the saddest part of the whole thing:
    The fear of backlash from the Duke fan base was a factor in the female students' decision not to pursue the allegations, sources close to the women said.

Being assaulted is bad enough. To be afraid to report the crime or even tell people? Awful.

And this whole thing is further complicated by the lingering stench of the lacrosse scandal.

• Options
    Kentucky is going to kill me tonight

• Options
    Whew

• Options
    Only one more to go for the Cats. I hope they can pull it off.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    I prefer to think 10 more

• Options
    I'd just like to get through the season before I ratchet my hopes up any higher.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
  • Options
    NCAA is announcing the Syracuse findings at noon EST. Still betting on, "Slap on the wrist at worst."

It'll still be more than what UNC gets.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Ouch! Look at the money Syracuse has to give back. That's gonna hurt.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Also Boeheim just dropped from 2nd all time in wins to 6th.

and UNC fans are getting a little nervous after the Syracuse penalty today.

• Options
    Vacating wins is so fucking stupid. They still won those games.