As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neville and Sasha [chat]

Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLYT O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
edited January 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
fXAYnlC.jpg
D4LXa2T.jpg
cVMw0wV.jpg
Zcqkc11.jpg?1

DEEZ KITTIES

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    HERE IS MY BACKUP OP

I am too old to use the interbutt

01.jpg

I don't know how to bookface or twoot or 2square or punterst

how-to-use-the-internet.jpg

you guys have probably already hacked my megahurtz with my personal information

Hacking.jpg

god damn it I am become irond will

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Good start

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    SKIPPY HOW DID YOU POST IN A CLOSED THREAD

WHICH MODS ALT ARE YOU

Cinders on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Texas strikes me as a state where people are probably against a social safety net even if they need it not out of any real ideology, but because the wrong type of people will get it.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/roger-ailes-bill-oreilly-history

Fox News chief Roger Ailes wants to take his conservative interpretation of contemporary affairs and apply to history.

Ailes told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published Wednesday that he wants Fox's parent company News Corp to team up with host Bill O'Reilly — author of a series of pop history books detailing the bloody deaths of Lincoln, JFK and, most recently, Jesus — and launch the venture.

"I would like News Corp to form a history channel and let Bill work with me," Ailes said. "I'd run it for him because I'd like history done correctly for a change. They're not teaching the kids the real stuff. I think there is room for another channel, and I would love to do it."

It would be so 1984.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    skoopy no they hacked your gibson

you are already dead

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    jesus hubbard christ

that cat has anime eyes

someone call Will this must be against the rules somehow

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Here is the post I was writing before I was hit by the very elegant way vanilla handles closing threads:

The first norseman to put his boots on Iceland was a man named Naddoðr. He called it Snæland, snowland

Next came a man called Garðar, who stayed for the winter, and also cirumnavigated it, discovering that it was an island. He named it Garðarshólmur. Garthar's island.

A man who came with Garðar, Náttfari, eloped and decided to stay for good, along with two thralls. The bay he settled in is called Náttfaravík. Náttfari's bay. His name, by the way, means Nightwalker. Which is cool. Anyway.

The next man to come over was a man named Flóki. He brought three ravens to find land with, for which he was later named Hrafna-Flóki. Raven-Flóki.
    After naming a bunch of bays after the people who first went "oh, look, a bay", their first winter was harsh and cold, all the cattle died, and when Hrafna-Flóki spotted ice drifts in the bay, he went "[expletive] iceland." thus naming it.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    SKIPPY HOW DID YOU POST IN A CLOSED THREAD

WHICH MODS ALT ARE YOU

:3

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    D4LXa2T.jpg

omg those eyes

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I contend that most people in the Medicaid gap in Texas didn't vote.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Skippy shares his name with me
    I assume this means he'll probably commit seppuku in shame soon.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Casual wrote: »
    jesus hubbard christ

I invented this phrase smug.gif

• Options
    on that not im highly amused by Wills yearly anime post and look forward to it every time

I'm not sure how he can top this years though

how can he go further than "no anime period"?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    SASHAAA

CfnkKcB.jpg

• Options
    Short norse pronounciation guide:

ð is pronounced like the th in them

þ is pronounced like the th in thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    poopies

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    jesus hubbard christ

I invented this phrase smug.gif

i knew i got it somewhere

i am highly amused by throwing some scientology in with my blasphamy

i assume that's what it is?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    seriously wtf those eyes look like a Whomp comic

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    skoopy no they hacked your gibson

you are already dead

COOKIE

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    anyone who votes for a government that will prevent them from getting healthcare is clearly not equipped to fully understand the situation

i can't really resent them, but it makes me sad

they're being manipulated and, essentially, injured and killed by the politicians they're propping up

• Options
    eth and thorn are letters english should have kept.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    on that not im highly amused by Wills yearly anime post and look forward to it every time

anime thought crimes

no japanese words

the spiral goes ever upward

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I am still a great fan of Jeffe's "don't self-report" sticky.

Should have sent a poet

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    T76o6Sh.jpg

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Excuse me but Mike Tyson uses Eth all the time.

• Options
    omg I think that Sasha's eyes in this picture take the cake

TAz25VQ.jpg

• Options

I like the story behind "ye olde".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWvkZbhgAc

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Who self reports? I've had my fare share of misguided righteously indignant fatalism but even I'm not that stupid

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I'd imagine most of the voters in texas would respond to a personal health crisis the same way the Duck and Cover videos taught people to respond to nuclear threats

• Options
    anyone who votes for a government that will prevent them from getting healthcare is clearly not equipped to fully understand the situation

i can't really resent them, but it makes me sad

they're being manipulated and, essentially, injured and killed by the politicians they're propping up

they were doing that thing on TV the other day where they find some bottom of the barrel troglodytes in a given state (in this case Alaska they were questioning people who voted for Palin) and interview them on their opinions

there was one guy who couldn’t justify whey he thought anything but was still positive he was right and that Palin represented his view even if he didn't know what they were

and i wasn’t laughing at it, i actually kind of felt that the guy had been really really failed by the state at some point, he'd just had no education and because of that he was fodder for being manipulated into voting against his own interests

it's a pity

• Options
    The pity leaves you quickly when you're around people like that constantly and you realize how willfully ignorant they are.

• Options
    I am still a great fan of Jeffe's "don't self-report" sticky.

Should have sent a poet

"watch your gif sizes you chucklefucks" was also a powerful bit of word play

i like to sit down in an evening with a glass of wine and enjoy jeffes greatest works

i'm a connoisseur of grumpy old men articulately venting

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

From the desk of Irond Will cir. 2015:

We will no longer be allowing anyone with an anime AV to post in the Debate and Discourse. We feel that it has put undue stress upon our sensibilities and honestly, who cares what those guys have to say anyway.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

"No discussing Anime, even on other forums. In fact, even the word "Anime" is banned from here on out. Chances are you've done a Secret Santa here recently, so we know where you live."

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

From the desk of Irond Will cir. 2015:

We will no longer be allowing anyone with an anime AV to post in the Debate and Discourse. We feel that it has put undue stress upon our sensibilities and honestly, who cares what those guys have to say anyway.

no offense but I hope this happens

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Who self reports? I've had my fare share of misguided righteously indignant fatalism but even I'm not that stupid

he doesnt mean they literally hit the report button on themselves

it's the people who go "i know i'll get an infraction for saying this but it's worth it"

and there are a fair few of them

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

I like the story behind "ye olde".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWvkZbhgAc

Huh.

Not at all how anyone here actually pronounces "ye olde"

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Same reason "thou" turned into "you", I've heard.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

he doesnt mean they literally hit the report button on themselves

it's the people who go "i know i'll get an infraction for saying this but it's worth it"

and there are a fair few of them

He means both.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Quid wrote: »

Same reason "thou" turned into "you", I've heard.

the great vowel shift?

This discussion has been closed.