As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chris Christie Scandals: Aides Convicted, Christie Totally Not Involved

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Remember when there was a whole thing about congress being able to constitutionally pass laws and rules not only to reduce actual instances of provable corruption but the appearance of corruption

Sigh

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Remember when there was a whole thing about congress being able to constitutionally pass laws and rules not only to reduce actual instances of provable corruption but the appearance of corruption

Sigh

No, I don't know what you're talking about. - John Roberts

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So a recent poll still puts Christie ahead of the rest of the GOP field nationally for a presidential run. He's got 15% vs. Jeb and Rand's 14%.

This to me illustrates the weakness of the GOP field rather than any staying power Christie actually possesses, and when the grand jury starts its business properly I bet we'll see his chances decline sharply.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well its also a poll for presidential elections 2 years before those elections, isn't that right President Guiliani and President Hillary Clinton?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    [Noun] [verb] 9/11!

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Whoa Rudy Guliani is a member here?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    For fun, somebody should ask him his opinion on the Black House just to see if he'll eat his foot or not.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    So a recent poll still puts Christie ahead of the rest of the GOP field nationally for a presidential run. He's got 15% vs. Jeb and Rand's 14%.

This to me illustrates the weakness of the GOP field rather than any staying power Christie actually possesses, and when the grand jury starts its business properly I bet we'll see his chances decline sharply.

Doubtful. Unless the Republican Media Machine decides to play it on television. Otherwise they'll just make vague mentions of it as an evil liberal conspiracy to throw all republicans in jail for such silly and ridiculous things as breaking the law.

Now if it DOES get media play, the GOP base will start hating him all the more because he'll be opening his mouth. And not just hurling insults at "liberals."

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, Christie publicly rejects pot legalization, saying that he doesn't want CO's "quality of life".

So...many...jokes...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So, Christie publicly rejects pot legalization, saying that he doesn't want CO's "quality of life".

So...many...jokes...

And yet with the haze of smoke over 4/20 weekend, Colorado still smelled nicer than Jersey

So...many...jokes...

:/

He's been stalling since Corzine signed the medical marijuana law in 2009, it's been forfuckingever.

And so many jokes indeed...CO is apparently a paradise of athletic bastards who like to stay fit and climb mountains all the damn time

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

So...many...jokes...

:/

He's been stalling since Corzine signed the medical marijuana law in 2009, it's been forfuckingever.

And so many jokes indeed...CO is apparently a paradise of athletic bastards who like to stay fit and climb mountains all the damn time
    /me swoons

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    I'm from Colorado originally and still visit their every other year or so, and let me tell you, the mountains, the fresh, clean air, the beautiful flora and fauna, the not-having-allergies-like-I-do-in-Texas...

What a fucking shithole.

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

So...many...jokes...

And yet with the haze of smoke over 4/20 weekend, Colorado still smelled nicer than Jersey
    sorry, we just can't convince @nexuscrawler to wear deodorant

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    I'm from Colorado originally and still visit their every other year or so, and let me tell you, the mountains, the fresh, clean air, the beautiful flora and fauna, the not-having-allergies-like-I-do-in-Texas...

What a fucking shithole.

The Garden State Parkway will remain pristine with the pervasive scent of sewer so long as I am Governor!!

What a fucking shithole.

Well, yeah.

Well Denver has a reason To hate jersey after this year...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Well, one more reason, anyway.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well Denver has a reason To hate jersey after this year...

What made me give up on the Jets

Fox host rips into Christie's anti-pot stance.

That not a good sign for him.

Fucking ARC tunnel. As an NYC commuter this is among the sorest subjects for me.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/christie-demands-proof-culture

The best defense is to demand people prove you're an asshole. I guess a mirror wouldn't work?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Fox is pro-pot? When did that happen?

Harry Dresden on

Fox is pro-pot? When did that happen?

Gutfeld is a libertarian, so... broken clock, etc.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/christie-demands-proof-culture

The best defense is to demand people prove you're an asshole. I guess a mirror wouldn't work?

That had to be a planted question...what kind of pathetic waste gets up to ask a politician for pointers in how to defend the governor?

Dark_Side on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Honestly, aren't all of the questions at these town hall things planted questions? Certainly they are at least pre-screened.

I find very little value in these sorts of town hall events.

steam_sig.png
    Its the open secret that they are pre screened, but they are sold on "come and meet x and you might get to ask them a question!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Christie brings new meaning to "frequent flyer".

Christie brings new meaning to "frequent flyer".

I guess he took Ahnold's words of wisdom a little too seriously.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I don't normally advocate reading the comments, but "operation dumbo drop"

/wipes a tear from the corner of her eye

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/29/5664570/chris-christies-war-with-new-jerseys-top-budget-wonk-david-rosen

Christie insults guy who said Christies budget was denying reality, budget comes in with 800 mil shortfall. Oops.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Ugh, why has "wonk" become the goto designation for anybody that deals with budgets? I can never tell if it is supposed to be a positive or negative term.

steam_sig.png
    Because in america people who care about finances in the government are about as successful spreading their ideology as masturbating is to getting you sex.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Ugh, why has "wonk" become the goto designation for anybody that deals with budgets? I can never tell if it is supposed to be a positive or negative term.

After Paul Ryan when I see it it means the media/political party wants said person to be seen as hot shit in their specialty, in reality they're awful at that task.

Which explains Ezra Klein's wong blog perfectly.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Because only nerds understand policy. It's all about personality, y'all.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    http://www.vox.com/2014/4/29/5664570/chris-christies-war-with-new-jerseys-top-budget-wonk-david-rosen

Christie insults guy who said Christies budget was denying reality, budget comes in with 800 mil shortfall. Oops.

Not a thug, though

LxX6eco.jpg