As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: I feel the need. The need to feed.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Oh hey I got into hots without noticing

gonna go get confused by things for a little while

What is your infos.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Slym 1340.

It seems to take a while to find a real game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Also I'm not sure I want to be an assassin of I'm not making fat stacks of cash from getting fed.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/s4w5Xru6jxk

honestly surprised to see Riot doing one of these, but here you go

• Options
    for the record this makes them the second MOBA dev to do a hot pepper fire sale

http://youtu.be/IOj1IzIkxYU

your move, valve

• Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    knight11e wrote: »
    FlatEric wrote: »
    I really ought to try smite with y'all sometime

I'm terrible, naturally

Also I tend to gravitate toward arena and assault rather than conquest. Just feels more relaxed and fun so far

i transferred from LoL and enjoy smite a lot more, if that holds any water.

also, arena & assault are the only game in town. conquest is for try-hards like @Griswold

I try and play both, but don't really have time (nor internet capability) to play either too much

Speaking of league, I'm watching this Dig vs. Coast game and it's just...dumb? Both teams just rotated 3 players to a single lane and took both towers with the second minion wave, because both teams knew the other was going to do that and didn't actually send anyone to the lane. It was quite probably the most unexciting, sad thing I've seen in league in a long time. Makes me feel like Riot needs to make some major tower changes to force some semblance of a laning phase.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    dignitas and coast are both jokes of professional teams and have only gotten as far as they have because of how many people are still worse than them

e: also riot did make major tower changes to force some semblance of a laning phase

but the game is still about killing towers

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    The game still wound up being more exciting than expected, and was pretty fun to watch.

Regarding towers, it's just my own opinion that even if a team sent all 5 members to a lane at once with no enemies facing them, it shouldn't be possible to push down both the outer and inner turrets in the first, I think it was 5 minutes of the game. I remember the patch notes where they made the changes, it just seems as though they need to tweak it further.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    i'm not opposed to the idea of someone pushing in that far, but they should probably be giving something up to do so, and nothing currently makes up for the gold gain and map control from the destroyed towers, especially since there's mechanics in place to let you catch up in levels

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    I actually don't mind it as a tactic, intentionally skipping the laning phase to accelerate the game makes the rotations the teams make afterwards extremely important and I think that is interesting. That said it has taken over the professional meta a bit too much and I would expect that riot will attempt to make it go away by messing with trinket timings again which is what caused the 4 man pushes in the first place.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    That's not just a Dig/Coast thing, that's pretty standard meta in the pros amongst all regions right now.

When it first started becoming prominant I didn't like it because it usually (paradoxically) stalled the game out since the teams couldn't risk pushing up so far into the lane they'd pushed early on, but the way the meta's begun to revolve around it has been interesting.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    If nothing else, the game of chicken that takes place at minute four in most pro games is hilarious.

Who will recall first?!

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Also I'm not sure I want to be an assassin of I'm not making fat stacks of cash from getting fed.

Same difference; you get fed, your team gets fed, you get to your choices faster.

• Options
    http://youtu.be/s4w5Xru6jxk

honestly surprised to see Riot doing one of these, but here you go

I have to eat one of these. I can't watch this and not know what it's actually like.

• Options
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    being kicked from a League game not being allowed to reconnect

mobas suck

Xehalus on
  • Options
    mobas are the worst why would you play them

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I have to eat one of these. I can't watch this and not know what it's actually like.

Don't.

Unless you're going to film it for us.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    mobas are the worst why would you play them
    Because I want to play video games, but I don't deserve to enjoy it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    bought Riven for jungle

going in

• Options
    Q then auto attack

Q then auto attack

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I have eaten habaneros whole before and they weren't that bad.

I am pretty hardcore when it comes to spicy food though.

broken image link
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    So I guess this is a MOBA thread. And I have been hankering for playing a MOBA (kinda I guess) that is basically impossible to play now.

but could be played if I could get enough people together with Neverwinter Nights 1 and a willingness to deal with some shitty Neverwinter Nights 1 interfaces, and also feels like playing A MOBA But With Dungeons And Dragons Characters.

also maybe figure out getting a server working.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    is the next Lol champ gunna be Not-Minsc now?

He's based on a fan made "manly" support.
    9wzdbYN.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    and starladder grand finals are about to get started. Empire vs DK, wouldn't be surprised if dk runs away with it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    and starladder grand finals are about to get started. Empire vs DK, wouldn't be surprised if dk runs away with it.

they're favored like 3:1

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am forbidden from playing League until finals are over with, but man, I am so pumped to get back in and suck so hard as soon as they are done

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    So I guess this is a MOBA thread. And I have been hankering for playing a MOBA (kinda I guess) that is basically impossible to play now.

but could be played if I could get enough people together with Neverwinter Nights 1 and a willingness to deal with some shitty Neverwinter Nights 1 interfaces, and also feels like playing A MOBA But With Dungeons And Dragons Characters.

also maybe figure out getting a server working.

Lost me at "Neverwinter".

• Options
    I hate when I get banned for intelligent conversation in the LCS streams because the mods misclicked trying to ban all the legitimate spammers.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    never chat in streams

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I take it as a noble quest to improve the level of intellect by that .0000001 percent.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Well there's your problem right there. You need to set realistic goals, or else you're just setting yourself up for failure.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    erez chat spoilers from today's tourney
    Hirezerez: new league system coming out in the next month, no 10 wins, no reset
    Hirezerez: Lots of stuff coming over the next 30 days, new mode, league changes, matchmaking, gods, and more
    Hirezerez: I'm a big fan of the new mode, it plays somewhere between conquest and arena
    Hirezerez: it's 2 lanes with siege towers to help you push
    Hirezerez: Aztec map for siege mode
    Hirezerez: New god loses body part
    Hirezerez: Osiris sounds like a good god to play

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Twitch chat is legitimately the worst communication on the internet.

• Options
    initial thoughts on the dead island moba:

1)not really actually a moba
    2)the controls are kind of awkward
    3)the progression system feels super gross in a number of ways
    4)it's still kind of fun though?
    5)features steve blum doing the only only voice anyone ever has him do, except now he has an australian accent

I'm not ready to give up on it yet, especially bearing in mind how rough the learning curve for games like this is

but I'm not very gung-ho on this game so far

• Options
    In a stunning reversal of fortune, I played a bunch of PvP games today in Heroes of the Storm with people who actually knew their shit. Malfurion is a fucking monster when his team knows how to play. He can keep people off of any objective that requires channeling without really putting himself in danger forEVER, and his heals are just beastly as hell.

And I hit level 10 so all my Hero Quests unlocked!

And since I have like 8 heroes, I've got a whole lot to keep me busy this week!

I hope I see some of you online!

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    DI:Epidemic really isn't much of a MOBA.

It just happens to borrow a MOBA's combat for the purposes of faciltating it's brutal loot-a-thon.

I think I'm okay with the grosser aspects of the progression system just because it's 3 teams and trying super hard in 3 team set ups is a futile effort already.

That and 30% heal on level up is fucking hilariously strong.

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    In a stunning reversal of fortune, I played a bunch of PvP games today in Heroes of the Storm with people who actually knew their shit. Malfurion is a fucking monster when his team knows how to play. He can keep people off of any objective that requires channeling without really putting himself in danger forEVER, and his heals are just beastly as hell.

And I hit level 10 so all my Hero Quests unlocked!

And since I have like 8 heroes, I've got a whole lot to keep me busy this week!

I hope I see some of you online!

ugh I want to play Heroes of the Storm so bad. Stupid Blizzard making stupid games that I stupid love.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bluemap went Beast mode I see

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.