As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, January 10, 2014 - Palantir

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited January 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    And people ask me why I despise webcams, specially on consoles.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    The optimistic part of me would like to say something:

Maybe this type of people watching will out-reality Reality TV, causing the whole genre to collapse.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I wonder how much of this is performance art.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's the human zoo-niverse.

http://www.ustream.tv/search?q=THE+PLAYROOM&type=live

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I wonder how long it'll be before one of these feeds is actually used as evidence in a criminal case.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    how are these streams not just wall-to-wall penises?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

Hey.

There are vaginas out there with webcams too.

Sexist.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    When I first read the comic. My first thought was that it was a shirtless guy with a machete and bong yelling at his pregnant rum drinking wife.

Which I thought was a pretty good reason to yell at her.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Having given up cable I actually could see myself watching this.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »

Hey.

There are vaginas out there with webcams too.

Sexist.

Vaginas? On the internet?

Don't be absurd, Carruthers.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I didn't think this was all that funny until I read the title. The title completes it perfectly.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's the human zoo-niverse.

http://www.ustream.tv/search?q=THE+PLAYROOM&type=live

I'm sorely disappointed by the gap between the comic and reality after looking at that link. Best thing I found was a stream called "Me and my wife" curiously devoid of a wife, in which a clearly stoned out of his mind guy randomly says things like, "No, man, you can't have sex with my wife man.... I had shorts on yesterday what you talking about man."

• Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    If our society has proven anything it's that the best programs for viewership involve human trainwrecks.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Whenever I go to my friends' places and we end up playing online, I always have to remind them to unplug their kinects and they look at me all weird.

Then I remind them that the mic is very sensitive and picks up every word someone says, and either (depending on the friend) there's 1) No mute or 2) you have a 6 year old daughter in the room.

Plus from experience, it creates some bad feedback/reverb/echo for the other players which just damn annoying.

I can only image if the camera was on as well...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @Hevatch Give it a few hours, peak time is... well, it's a thing.

• Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    gabe is going stream crazy but i love it those streams can be fascinating to see what's going on they can be rather whacko too, i am loving the face in the 3rd panel

• Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    Wife: I'm out of Sprite. I need it for my rum. Stop playing games & go to the store."
    Husband: "The gas station down the street has 7Up."
    Wife: "BLASPHEMY!!!"

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I don't have a ps4 so forgive an ignorant question. These people are sharing this stuff on purpose, yes? I mean, it isn't some kind of exploit or something for unsecured playstation cameras?

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I don't have a ps4 so forgive an ignorant question. These people are sharing this stuff on purpose, yes? I mean, it isn't some kind of exploit or something for unsecured playstation cameras?
    @mare_imbrium Yes, it's on purpose.

• Options
    DAmj8pI.png