As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    ug. My Claptrap is lvl 38. First Holodome mission is lvl 25 on Normal, and lvl 45 on UVHM.

Didn't BL2 DLC scale?

Poorly, generally.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Still wish the level cap upgrade came with a extra ammo capacity upgrade as well.
    the uvhm patch did

though they temporarily hotfixed out the pearlescent ones, since they weren't sticking

still, there's one more available now

Yes.

Yeeeeeeeeees.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    Apparently there are whispers of a current-gen Borderlands collection.

If it is truly complete - all three games, all DLC, all heads, skins, the works, I would be very tempted. Hell, throw Telltale's game in there too.

For some strange reason, that might nudge me into getting a new console.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    If anyone's curious it popped up on an Aus rating submission form (or trademark or something)

Current guess 1, 2, TPS and associated DLC (since Tales is available on Current Gen).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Kind of a ballsy move considering all of the TPS season pass stuff isn't even out yet. I mean, I'm buying it anyhow, but damn.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I need TPS on PS4 or I will never play it. I bought it on Steam and it was a waste of money. If I'm on my PC I'm playing WoW. The only way to not play WoW is to not be on my PC.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I remember the first time I played through TPS I got an Instant Shield as a quest reward. Had something like a 1.65 second delay on shield recharge.

Damn do I wish I had a high level version of that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Holodome was a slog. It's six long rounds, and then you can replay the last round. It's a way to grind for levels I guess, but the insta-death resets suck.

I was close to the end of round five when I got pushed into the pit and had to start over.

• Options
    Not sure what there thinking was on this DLC. The Underdome was generally considered a less than fun expansion on the first game, so something something, lets make another Underdome DLC?

At least the Underdome introduced Moxxi.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Something something what's the minimum amount of effort we can put into a $10 DLC?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Well, hopefully this means that the last DLC will be fuckall awesome, since the DLC seems to follow the pattern of "1 shitty, 2 middling, 1 awesome". It's just that this time around the two middling DLCs are characters and not actual story DLC.

(Not that the characters are meh, but offering them as half of the Season Pass is meh.)

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It *is* weird that we got another combat dome DLC in the Pre-Sequel, since we had the DAHL one already as the pre-order bonus one. And the DAHL one was vastly better, even if it didn't have Gaige.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I have to say that I am loving the TPS right now. The low gravity and boosting jumps makes for a hell of a lot of fun exploring the environment, and the boost pads are fun on a bun. The stingray is a great little craft to cruise around in, so much better than the buggy. And storywise, I like how they went literal with the idea of telling a story. BL1 and 2 had that premise baked into Marcus' intros, but actually having the game being played as a flashback with the BL1 and 2 characters chiming in with observations is pretty great.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I haven't been following the DLC all that closely. Who are the 2 new characters?

• Options
    Jack's body double is the first one, and (I think) Hammerlock's sister will be the second.

• Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Jack's body double is the first one, and (I think) Hammerlock's sister will be the second.

There was a screen shot of her in the customization station. She's called Baroness, and audio files claim that they do not get along.

No word on her skill tree yet.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Not sure how many people come in here to see the latest deals but I figured I'd cross post this:
    Karoz wrote: »
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for $17.50 on Funstock Digital with code #FUNISHOT

Currency switcher is up at the top.

Get the Mac-Linux version, since it's $2 cheaper and as a Steam key generally doesn't care which OS you are running. However the season pass is $40 so forget about that.

Edit: For today only so if you've been looking for a good deal on TPS move now. I don't think I've seen a deeper discount so far.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

Her skill tree was leaked or already in the game's code somewhere, so here it (apparently) is (no icons). Things might change by release, of course.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Her skill tree was leaked or already in the game's code somewhere, so here it (apparently) is (no icons). Things might change by release, of course.

The Are You Being Served tree is awesome (although it seems to be pretty heavily reliant on running coop to have a servant around.) Love the backhand cap skill. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    One of the trees is named Are You Being Served? Is one of the others Keeping Up Appearances?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Unfortunately no, if they'd done that and stuck in an Absolutely Fabulous skill tree then things would have been pretty awesome.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Are they all named after old British sitcoms?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    *headshot*

"Oh, you look terrible, darling."

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Naw, The Huntress (various gun buffs, sniper focused) and Cold Money (cryo based Action Skill stuff).

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I hope Hammerlock's quest has a whole bunch of changed dialog if you're playing as her where it's just constant back and forth bickery (its a word now).

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Of course, there's a skill in the "Cold Money"/cryo tree called "Let it Go".

Edit: Served looks pretty sweet and I love the Dugeon Keeper reference (slapping/back handing a minion to get them to work faster).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @curly haired boy‌, the deal @Karoz‌ posted up this page is legit. You might consider putting $17.50 TPS flash sale in the thread title. That seems like a price point that might get some fence sitters to jump in. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    done and done, thanks for the heads-up!

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    In the Steam Winter Sale, the Pre-Sequel is 50% off as a Daily, and the Season Pass has no discount.

Pass.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

Goddam if krieg or sal was in this game Are You Being Served would be her most powerful tree.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I would imagine her paired with Jack would be ridiculous.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I take it some of you have found the shotgun that swears a lot in this game? For you, it's a humorous video game gun, but for me, it's exactly what it is like living out here in the western suburbs of Sydney. Especially waiting at the train station and well, obviously with slightly less shooting.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne are the same. Especially train stations.

I laugh, but secretly I cry inside. Always.

Fantastic
  • Options
    I have finally given the gun away, but not before I almost pissed myself laughing at putting it away where it went "See ya around ya c***". It was just like going to the city by train on a weekend afternoon. Such memories. So wow.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    fyi: until january 3rd, we have a christmas hotfix that replaces iwajira with a monster that is actually pretty hard to kill

he drops a new vladof laser-ish rifle called the ol' painful, and apparently also the avalanche shield

just about finished UVHM. observations:

1. thank christ, this isn't borderlands 2
    2. some badasses are kind of bullet-spongy, but not outrageously so
    3. the exception to this is badass outlaws, who are full-on borderlands 2 minus slag what the hell these dudes are way overtuned
    4. cryo is extremely helpful, but not necessary at all
    5. shields still actually function

UVHM is actually probably a little bit too easy, but i'm not sure what they'd change to address that.

there is one thing about presequel UVHM that i hate and it's that XP gain is absolutely atrocious for some reason. playing through story mode might take you to 53, maybe
    54. full completion will probably get you to 55 or 56. XP is terrible and i have no idea why. i don't know if XP scale is borked, or if it's just an awful design decision. practically, to get to level 60 without full-on replaying the mode - possibly multiple times - you're gonna have to grind the hell out of red and belly, who are also probably the only worthwhile XP farm.

• Options
    I really enjoyed this game now that I finished with it.

But I am honestly not sure if I can go into more Borderlands unless they start to do something different with the forumlae for the next game.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I have to disagree about the badasses, they are super bullet sponges in UVHM when solo.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Yeah well elendil is the munchkin of the borderlands threads. What is easy in that context can be quite different.
    I state this with affection. Keep it up el.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I got this game on 360 for Christmas. 's cool.

Athena is fun. Doing an elemental build using Ceraunic Storm and a bit of her shield tree. Looking forward to picking up Wrath of the Goddess so I can make fireballs EVERYWHERE.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Yeah well elendil is the munchkin of the borderlands threads. What is easy in that context can be quite different.
    I state this with affection. Keep it up el.
    to be fair, i am using athena, who is elemental damage/frontal invincibility easy mode

explosive claptrap is so ludicrously OP that i expect he'll have no trouble at all either, but i'm not sure what the damage output on jack or a nisha or wilhelm is going to look like

jack is probably gonna be fine once i get my mitts on his new holodome mod and a quad

This discussion has been closed.