As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Tossed a friend invite at you, name on steam is NFyt, will have the same avatar as here.

Thanks for the help getting both the final boss of Tiny Tina and Sir Hammerlock taken down.

Then we attempted a level 52 raid boss with one level 52 character and one level 66 character and got our shit pushed. Man...

Also thanks for zoning me dead at one point and stealing from me again for the respawn cost game. No seriously, I traveled from one zone to the next and when the zone loaded I was just randomly dead for no good reason.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Welp, got @The_Spaniard through the tina DLC end boss, and we went on to do some hammerlock stuff as an encore, ending in my level 66 commando getting hilariously bitchslapped by one of the hammerlock raid bosses, which was only level 52. Man did they hate fun back then, how does a boss 14 levels below you deal that much damage.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    "Play the game like it really should have been developed."
    uhhhhh
    I wouldn't go that far but it is a nice way to change things up and get a different perspective on things.

I like having the option.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Switching from third-person to first-person every time you aim...ugh, no thanks.

In other news, found a Celestial Gladiator in the vending machine. Had to sell two golden keys and a few items I'd been holding onto to afford it, and then I couldn't afford the respec, but who cares, I'm in the stars now.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    TVHM is really telling me to get fucked, lootwise

i've found nothing since i moved up

it's brutal

i've been trying to make athena's elemental tree and melee tree work and neither is going now

because i haven't upgraded any of my relevant equipment in 8 levels and i can't get a roid shield period

god damn

i should probably go back to the tank tree and hope my couple of level 30ish legendaries can carry me a little longer

• Options
    Speaking of Celestial class mods, apparently Nisha's is bugged and multiplies your skills instead of adds to them.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    this drought

jesus christ

it's the worst i've ever seen

is there a shift event going on where you only get purple oz kits

purple oz kits as far as the eye can see

i can't

i can't even

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Speaking of Celestial class mods, apparently Nisha's is bugged and multiplies your skills instead of adds to them.

zo-mah-gawd.

Also, sweet, just found a orange Longbow Bonus Package on a vendor in Concordia. :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    this drought

jesus christ

it's the worst i've ever seen

is there a shift event going on where you only get purple oz kits

purple oz kits as far as the eye can see

i can't

i can't even
    i would just spam golden chests to break the drought

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    2 game glitches will give you unique, blue items, of your same level, should you ever be in need of level appropriate weapons.
    A) The loyalty reward glitch, via quitting the new character screen, will give you the Smasher pistol, if you own Borderlands 2, and the Bullpup shotgun, if you own Borderlands 1.
    B) Miss Moxxi's loot chest can be respawned, by exiting/reentering Concordia through Moxxi's backdoor, which contains the Vibra-Pulse laser, the Kiss of Death mirv grenade, and the Slammer shield.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    i don't think the moxxi stuff will scale until post-TVHM (i'm not at the point in the story for it anyway)

the bullpup is a great idea, though

i already burned through all my golden keys because foresight

i should check if there are any new codes though

meanwhile i've been running redbelly and his moonstone chest for the past two levels and gotten roughly zip because i am just on the RNG's shitlist now

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I was wondering why Moxxi's chest had respawned.

But I had not gone through the back door, so yeah.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

It felt to me that it respawned after finishing TVHM presumably so you could have max-level version of them, which is nice since they're from the main quest so you can't just hold off on them until after the main quest like with blue/purple/orange sidequests.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wait there's a chest in Moxxi's place? Was I supposed to get it prior to leaving Concordia for the first time?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Wait there's a chest in Moxxi's place? Was I supposed to get it prior to leaving Concordia for the first time?
    It's the tail end of a quest to go open it in the back of the bar. It's not the first time you get to Concordia, though. It's halfway-ish through the game.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »

It felt to me that it respawned after finishing TVHM presumably so you could have max-level version of them, which is nice since they're from the main quest so you can't just hold off on them until after the main quest like with blue/purple/orange sidequests.

It respawns all the time (from back door) after you first get access. Probably what you said plus it doesn't spawn multiple copies for coop, unlike, say, Springs's nova shield chest, so popping in and out the door lets everyone get some.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake elemental damage effects against the player just do stupid damage.

Like if I get toxic'd by anyone I just resign myself to the fact I'm going down.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    got seven keys, used 4, got two weapons i like. those and the bullpup whould last me.

one of them is a double vladof anarchist.

it's always an anarchist. they always appear where they're needed most

• Options
    Goddamn it, FUCK YOU BOSUN!

TVHM has been kicking my Claptrap's butt, but this is just infuriating.

• Options
    i am not looking forward to that fight

he was able to just about insta-kill* me on normal

*you know. shortly before the DOT would finish the job.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Like if I get toxic'd by anyone I just resign myself to the fact I'm going down.

Just about all of my deaths in BL2 have consisted of me killing all the badguys and then, somehow, picking up a caustic effect which knocks me down. Since everyone is dead, there's no-one to kill during FFYL.

• Options
    Okay I managed to luck into some green POS shield that at least made me immune to toxic, so I was able to take him down.

Mnrgh.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

Just about all of my deaths in BL2 have consisted of me killing all the badguys and then, somehow, picking up a caustic effect which knocks me down. Since everyone is dead, there's no-one to kill during FFYL.

Barrels: the Vault Hunters' real nemesis.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    it's actually worse now

we give you a buttslam

and then put barrels everywhere

• Options
    I had to stop using Vladof Anarchists, because as Nisha....
    11.5 rounds/sec * 45% chance at double shots * 35% faster fire rate on kills * 2 pistols = 45 rounds/sec
    700 total pistol ammo / 45 rounds/sec = 15 seconds of shooting
    Yeah, I constantly ran out of pistol ammo - two good Showdowns and I'd be empty.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    Novas and barrels go together like being on fire and being surrounded by dynamite.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    hsu wrote: »
    I had to stop using Vladof Anarchists, because as Nisha....
    11.5 rounds/sec * 45% chance at double shots * 35% faster fire rate on kills * 2 pistols = 45 rounds/sec
    700 total pistol ammo / 45 rounds/sec = 15 seconds of shooting
    Yeah, I constantly ran out of pistol ammo - two good Showdowns and I'd be empty.

I actually found the superior pistols to use were Hyperion. With a high level Nisha with full Unchained stacks and all the other skills, the Anarchists long since hit the fire rate cap. However, a good Hyperion has a higher base damage (so much more ammo efficient), will shoot just as fast given a little time, and becomes laser accurate. Though to be honest, a good Hyperion Shotgun or Beam Laser can make Nisha just as strong, if not stronger than dual pistols.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hyperion pistols are love, Hyperion pistols are life.

• Options
    Wasn't there a glitch where someone could dualwield any weapon type? Dual lasers!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I've been doing macro'd dual jakobs and the damage output is kind of stupid

like I was under 30 and blowing up iwajira in 5 seconds

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    how do i make melee athena go

and don't say get a legendary roid shield, i tried that

game is having none of that

she's entirely too fragile

then you go down, your melee isn't worth shit, you manage to get a second wind anyway and now you're back with low health, a full shield and no roid

it kind of works for a while , but then you die to something and it's like yeeeeeeeep you didn't have a chance in hell

it seems like it's insanely gear intensive, and my outleveled cryo grenade, bladed cryo pistol, no melee+ oz kit, and generic purple roid are just not enough to carry it.

Elendil on
  • Options
    I've had similar gearing results. It's really gear intensive in general. Get a good upgrade at your level? You'll mow through shit for three levels no problem, then hit a brick-fucking-wall until you get another upgrade.

• Options
    I've been definitely glad I've been doing all the side quests so I'm a little over-leveled for what I'm killing.

Enemies, they think they can outsmart me. Or out-level me.

I have yet to see enemy outsmart bullet.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Wasn't there a glitch where someone could dualwield any weapon type? Dual lasers!

Talking about ammo intensive. Moxxi's beam laser ran out of ammo about halfway though the area before I even got to the final boss

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Found my first legendary. A Longbow MIRV grenade. That and a green Cryo sniper got me to the fifth DAHL training ground level, where I was Level 13 facing down Level 18 mobs. Activate showdown with the sniper and freeze frame everybody. If there's a bunch then teleport a grenade over to them.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ....i should probably go back to the tank tree and hope my couple of level 30ish legendaries can carry me a little longer

I finished the game yesterday going mainly the shield skill tree + some melee.
    The shield is completely over powered for solo play and pretty much makes it possibly to finish TVHM no matter what gear you have.

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    Speaking of legendaries, found a Shock Nasty Surprise in a chest in Helios.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    oh my god how did i make it through the titan plant boss fight

ol' reliable Bullpup happened to be the wrong element, so i was forced to use my level 37 anarchist and and a level 35 corrosive blaster

the boss was level 42

it took a while

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Talking about ammo intensive. Moxxi's beam laser ran out of ammo about halfway though the area before I even got to the final boss
    I went dry for 3 different weapons during the final boss, due to high ammo usage beforehand: pistol, laser, smg. I had to finish the fight with a rifle for the boss, shotgun/sniper for the adds.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    The Bosun fucked me up bad when I was playing as claptrap, super hard fight, I had to go and level up a bunch before I came back. Did it again as nisha, popped my quickdraw ability, put 11 pistol bullets in his head and he died. I don't think I've ever killed a boss faster than that.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
This discussion has been closed.