As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm kinda starting to think that Grog Nozzle + 700% or more melee damage buffs with Krieg is cheating. I just finished up Dragon Keep and just stood toe to toe with the final boss bashing melee. Didn't go down once.

Is there a character builder that takes into all your skills and gear and shows you your stats? Most that I've found just list skills, but I haven't found compiles everything together for total numbers.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Finished Tiny Tina. Good stuff. Starting on tvhm this weekend.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    about WWB... there might need to be some effort to update it if possible from one of the admins *looks at iolo and Curly*

i'll look into this tomorrow

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Man I hate Jackenstien.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    So uh. Does the Grog Nozzle disappear when you start a new difficulty? Because I know I had one before tvhm.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    yeah, you gotta get the quest on all the modes to have it.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
    edited January 2014
    Finally. After weeks of failing with Zer0a few months back, some frustrating fails earlier today with Krieg, I finally finished that craptastic monstrosity off. All it took was a half hour of spamming Axe toss from the glitch in the map. Who play tested this crap?

On another note, verifying dlc takes over 45 seconds every time I start the game. What's up with that?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So uh. Does the Grog Nozzle disappear when you start a new difficulty? Because I know I had one before tvhm.

Any gear you had before starting a new difficulty is going to persist. Guns shouldn't disappear because of starting a new difficulty.

steam_sig.png
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    I got this game during Steam's winter sale. Level 52 now and UVHM seems pretty hard to solo.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
    eeSanG wrote: »
    I got this game during Steam's winter sale. Level 52 now and UVHM seems pretty hard to solo.

Who you playing as? You slagging everything?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I do wonder how long BL2 will continue to get new content, or if a BL3 is in the works.

If there is, I do hope they take a sledgehammer to the current difficulty system. UVHM is so very obnoxious, and I'd kill for a D3-style option where everything just scales to your level, but you can choose to crank up the difficulty to get better loot drops.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited January 2014

Who you playing as? You slagging everything?

Maya. I tried using Scorn to slag everything but it felt pretty slow so I'm back to using Ruin; I also use a Bouncing Betty slag grenade. I'm using a +92% SMG Wild Cat mod with a lvl 52 SMG but it still takes me a full clip to kill even the weaker enemies during Phaselock and takes 2~3 to kill anything without.
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I do wonder how long BL2 will continue to get new content, or if a BL3 is in the works.

If there is, I do hope they take a sledgehammer to the current difficulty system. UVHM is so very obnoxious, and I'd kill for a D3-style option where everything just scales to your level, but you can choose to crank up the difficulty to get better loot drops.

Isn't that what the OP1~8 system is for?

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Speaking of OP, whats the fast way to drind from 62-71?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular

Any gear you had before starting a new difficulty is going to persist. Guns shouldn't disappear because of starting a new difficulty.

Except quest items, like the Grog Nozzle. Unless you picked one up when it was dropping for real during the loot hunt, you have to have the quest active and not turned in to keep a Grog Nozzle around.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Except quest items, like the Grog Nozzle. Unless you picked one up when it was dropping for real during the loot hunt, you have to have the quest active and not turned in to keep a Grog Nozzle around.

Oh ok. I didn't know the Grog Nozzle was a quest item.

Then, yes that's right.

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I thought OP levels were just because they didn't want to have the skill point system get too broken

steam_sig.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone still play the first borderlands? Had a blast with BL2 and am really tempted to pick up the first. Would enjoy having some multiplayer shenanigans.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    So I bought the GOTY edition and I've jumped in. However, it's saying certain things are purchased but not installed (Creature Dome comes to mind)? I thought all DLC installed itself when you got it. Also, what would I still need to purchase to complete the DLC, minus skins and such?

EDIT: Well, I figured out which DLC I still needed to get. Whether they were worth it? Didn't bother researching. But I think I have everything now.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    So, I'm seeing a lot more people playing this on Steam stats lately, and it got me curious. Is it just the Christmas surge, or has something big changed in the last six months? I remember being very frustrated with the game the last time I played it, which was somewhere around when they added Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Enemies were just so spongy, and did insane amounts of damage, and I wasn't having very much fun at the higher levels. The first and second playthroughs, though, were some of the most silly fun I've had in a game in a long time.

Is the end-game lots more fun to play now, or is it still "Gearbox wry"?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    I'm kinda starting to worry about that myself. About a 3rd though tvhm. I'm scared of what will happen when I start uvhm.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Kind of, but that just makes the game harder in UVHM, doesn't it? Never have sat down and tried to get through the Peak yet.

I think the problem with TVHM and UVHM is that it's forced on you if you want to keep fighting enemies your own level due to the level caps of the first two difficulties. And not everyone wants to fight UVHM-HP-sacks-slag-everything-and-pray, especially when you hit stupid stuff like Duke of Orcs. Especially when you've been playing 20/30/50 hours and have gotten attached to the character you've made and don't want to re-roll just so you can keep having fun shooting shit.

The D3 system that's coming with 2.0 and is on the PTR gets rid of difficulty-tied-to-playthrough, and instead makes everything all the time scale to your level. The TVHM and UVHM equivalents would be modifiers that you can apply to make the game harder, with the reward of increased/better loot drops, XP, and money.

Something like this might require too much back-end system work, though, and probably wouldn't come until a BL3.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Honestly, they should have made slag more important to the gameplay in Normal instead of waiting until UVHM. And also there should have been a 1.5 when you beat the game for the first time, so there'd be a reason not to be ridiculously overlevelled in the first runthrough.

sig.gif
    I never felt he main game was particularly unfair in UVHM. Now the DLCs, yes, very much so.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    UVHM is still the same, very grindy unfortunately, and slag is a real necessity. I have not been playing a lot, but I played some last night and got reminded of how brutal UVHM can be, especially at OP8. I was reminded of the need to be careful and not to try to fight multiple mobs. I'm sure it it can get easier as you get better gear, as lv 61 content got trivial for me once I got the right items. But I'm not motivated enough to keep grinding that much.

steam_sig.png
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    *snnniiiiiiiiifffffffffffff*

Ahhhhhh ... New thread smell ... Love it.

I never quite understood the 'grind to find a particular item so that I can have fun' thing. Or the 'I have to play through the game multiple times to experience the other characters at high levels' thing. I guess it lengthens play time so GB can say 'oooh look at how much/long people are playing our game' ... thing.

PS - Any PS3'er looking for a long term co-op play-through from the beginning MSG me.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I never understood it either.
    Here, Diablo, any MMO... Doesn't mean I don't get caught up in the gear-grind fever every now and again, but then it breaks.

newSig.jpg
  • diet limediet lime Registered User regular
    It ultimately turned me permanently off to the game. That and Gearbox selling a deceptive "season pass" that didn't include all the DLC within two months of release- for $30 ($90 game...) oh, and also the horrible, horrible end-game balancing so broken literally half the skills on one of the classes are practically worthless.

Also the fact that generic weapons have such a low chance of being useful. Why fucking spawn all these weapons nobody can even use? What's the point in 7,999,999 useless guns and one effective one. It's dissapointing, because the core game was fairly fun- assuming I cheated so I didn't have to repeat parts of it dozens of times.

The season pass covered all the content DLC they originally planned. When BL2 was still so successful, they decided to make a "second season", but no season 2 season pass. I agree its misleading, basically the season pass is a season 1 season pass.

steam_sig.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Me I'm in it for the skills.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    What was "deceptive" about Borderland 2's season pass? It clearly stated that it got you the four story DLCs.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Me I'm in it for the skills.
    You can never have too high damage numbers flying out of a bandit's splattered brains.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Tell you what, it was MAGICAL seeing my first red K next to some numbers.

newSig.jpg
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    What was magical for me was seeing 1200k and realising I'd just broken a million damage with a melee attack. I was wondering where that witch doctor had disappeared to. I swore he was in front of me a second ago.
    Just before I swung my axe at him.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.

Kind of, but that just makes the game harder in UVHM, doesn't it? Never have sat down and tried to get through the Peak yet.

I think the problem with TVHM and UVHM is that it's forced on you if you want to keep fighting enemies your own level due to the level caps of the first two difficulties. And not everyone wants to fight UVHM-HP-sacks-slag-everything-and-pray, especially when you hit stupid stuff like Duke of Orcs. Especially when you've been playing 20/30/50 hours and have gotten attached to the character you've made and don't want to re-roll just so you can keep having fun shooting shit.

The D3 system that's coming with 2.0 and is on the PTR gets rid of difficulty-tied-to-playthrough, and instead makes everything all the time scale to your level. The TVHM and UVHM equivalents would be modifiers that you can apply to make the game harder, with the reward of increased/better loot drops, XP, and money.

Something like this might require too much back-end system work, though, and probably wouldn't come until a BL3.

I'm pretty sure OP1~8 gives better loot, making it similar to Monster Power 1~10 (Which is going away next D3 expansion?).

TVHM and UVHM is pretty much the equivalent to Nightmare and Hell Difficulties from D2. Mobs get better stats and more complicated traits, which makes them scale really fast.

If you want Normal or TVHM difficulties to scale to max level, I don't recall either Diablo 2 or 3 giving you that option.

But yes, UVHM seems to require min/maxing with a lot of unviable talents/builds which leads to bit of a boring difficulty level. I just let my Krieg friend murderchop the game while I religiously Slag things and keep him alive with Maya's free rez.

LFMGb.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Whats up with these frickin tributes in Wattle Gobbler? They're ripping through my gunzerker like tissue paper and giving the new U station a nice profit.

Not used to having to put actual effort into killing things as Sal...this all feels so alien and strange.

Dr. Chaos on
    edited January 2014
    I'm running through UVHM picking up all the side missions (i skipped pretty much all of them when doing the story). I ran into this guy that I killed with some RTB BXR (though I couldn't even see what was going on through the explosions). He dropped this a purple Mech mod, and a white Psycho mod :|

Anyway if anyone wants that and sees me online, feel free to ask.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    edited January 2014
    I'm running through UVHM picking up all the side missions (i skipped pretty much all of them when doing the story). I ran into this guy that I killed with some RTB BXR (though I couldn't even see what was going on through the explosions). He dropped this a purple Mech mod, and a white Psycho mod :|

That is a mighty fine looking mod.

Only 44 at the moment but I do main a Gunzerker, can I have that?

(sent you a friend request)

Dr. Chaos on
    edited January 2014
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

That is a mighty fine looking mod.

Only 44 at the moment but I do main a Gunzerker, can I have that?

(sent you a friend request)

Sure.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    So, I'm pretty new to BL2, just picked it up through PS+ on a whim and picked Zer0 first since he looks the coolest. I did play BL1 and played through as Mordikai all the way through to the end, so it all seemed to gel...but I have been getting my clock cleaned. Way, way more regularly than it seems like I should be. I've been putting points toward sniper related skills and I'm rarely finding good use for my invisibility other than running away to lick my wounds before tackling a group of enemies again. I'm constantly feeling like I'm being overwhelmed and it doesn't feel like I should be entering last stand mode every other quest.

I'm not a crack shot, but I am good enough to fairly reliably get back to back crits with a sniper rifle. It got to the point where I bailed and made a Mechromancer because I could clearly see how she could tackle any situation, whereas I felt like Zer0 was brutally efficient about 55% of the time and cannon fodder the rest. Am I straight up doing this wrong? I love Zero0's character design and dialog, certainly more than the Mechromancer, but I also haven't felt like I was about to become some Psycho's brakefast when playing with her.

Edit: I guess I should add that I've been soloing due to being a derranged and hedious hermit who knows nothing of this wild internet country by and large. There's that too.

Oniros25 on
    Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
    Oniros25 wrote: »
    So, I'm pretty new to BL2, just picked it up through PS+ on a whim and picked Zer0 first since he looks the coolest. I did play BL1 and played through as Mordikai all the way through to the end, so it all seemed to gel...but I have been getting my clock cleaned. Way, way more regularly than it seems like I should be. I've been putting points toward sniper related skills and I'm rarely finding good use for my invisibility other than running away to lick my wounds before tackling a group of enemies again. I'm constantly feeling like I'm being overwhelmed and it doesn't feel like I should be entering last stand mode every other quest.

I'm not a crack shot, but I am good enough to fairly reliably get back to back crits with a sniper rifle. It got to the point where I bailed and made a Mechromancer because I could clearly see how she could tackle any situation, whereas I felt like Zer0 was brutally efficient about 55% of the time and cannon fodder the rest. Am I straight up doing this wrong? I love Zero0's character design and dialog, certainly more than the Mechromancer, but I also haven't felt like I was about to become some Psycho's brakefast when playing with her.

Edit: I guess I should add that I've been soloing due to being a derranged and hedious hermit who knows nothing of this wild internet country by and large. There's that too.

Not sure how you're playing, but sniper specced zer0 kills almost anything in the first playthrough before they get close. You still need non sniper weapons for close range though. How far did you go? What level did you get to?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.