As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Snake Plissken Presents Escape from Super Bowl XLVIII

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Kissing your own bicep after scoring has fuck all to do with heritage. Didn't Kap even looked into trade marking his celebration last year?

Not the actual act of doing the stupid thing, just the use of it on shirts and stuff without his permission. Tebow did the same thing, I believe.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Kissing your own bicep after scoring has fuck all to do with heritage. Didn't Kap even looked into trade marking his celebration last year?

With his growing popularity that's just him being smart business-wise. Dickish or not.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yeah no reason to let other people profit off your image.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i hope everyone mocks cams dumb superman td celebration because im a bitter bucs fan

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    just really mad that cam animorphed into a giraffe when he scored to mock my qb

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Gyral wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe if the Panthers defense had a sack move or taunt they were famous for, he would have done that. The Superman thing is pretty much what is always shown when networks talk about the Panthers. Like, say he beats the Vikings and does Jaren Allen's cow-roping sack move.

Yeah, I guess this makes sense.

And, again, I don't have a problem mocking someone's dance when you make a big play over/against that person. Like in the image @Inquisitor77 linked, and when Cam got sacked and the guy did the superman (something I've pointed out before). That doesn't bother me, and seems like when mocking someone's dance makes sense.

Also it makes a lot of sense that the superman isn't so much about Cam as it the Panthers in general.

I don't know, maybe I just don't like Kaep?

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    i hope everyone mocks cams dumb superman td celebration because im a bitter bucs fan

Dude Glennon is gonna be a perfectly decent QB.

• Options
    just like freeman was supposed to be...

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    there are better things to talk about with Kaepernick

like his dumb chin rug

he also has a weird little mouth

like what's up with that

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't understand any of this. Half of the time we're complaining about the No Fun League and about the past glory of excessive celebration and half of the time we're complaining about the specific way someone just celebrated because it mocked our personal favorite team or whatever.

All celebration and mockery is fun and appropriate you babies, get over it.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    there are better things to talk about with Kaepernick

like his dumb chin rug

he also has a weird little mouth

like what's up with that

It's religious expression. He's honoring one of the twelve apostles that wore a funny little chin rug in his youth.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't understand any of this. Half of the time we're complaining about the No Fun League and about the past glory of excessive celebration and half of the time we're complaining about the specific way someone just celebrated because it mocked our personal favorite team or whatever.

All celebration and mockery is fun and appropriate you babies, get over it.

All celebration and mockery is fine, unless it occurs against my team.

I'm not even being sarcastic. The first time Sherman does a stupid dance with the cheerleaders next week, I'm going to say, "Fuck You!"

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I think celebrations should be as elaborate as possible and they should be trying to constantly one-up each other.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

With his growing popularity that's just him being smart business-wise. Dickish or not.

I couldn't care less what he trade marks just don't tell me the celebration has anything to do with his heritage.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i miss the bob and weave

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    I think celebrations should be as elaborate as possible and they should be trying to constantly one-up each other.

Didn't Smith, TO, and Ocho Cinco do this one year?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

I couldn't care less what he trade marks just don't tell me the celebration has anything to do with his heritage.

No problem, since I never did.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i flex and say this way to the gun show because its my heritage

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Terrell Owens - probably the most magnificent bastard ever.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The difference between TO and say a Dwight Howard is when he wasn't being a crazy person, he actually could be really funny. It's too bad he couldn't keep his balance because TO was amazing to watch.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    for real celebration talk: you bet your ass that if i scored a td in an opposing team's stadium i'd do whatever popular celebration that team had (at least one time) just to piss that team's fans off

part of the game imo

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    remember the lights out dance

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I do celebration taunts in my day to day already

i.e. if I stomp a cockroach then I'll scurry away from light (their signature move)

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i want the point after to be determined by quality of touchdown celebration.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hand grenade football is still my favorite group celebration.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Hand grenade football is still my favorite group celebration.
    how is it not the human bicycle

LjhihRY.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Good thing no one has to tell it to you for it to be true?

What are we now, the heritage celebration technique critics association? Kaepernick has made it clear what the celebration is for, and the history on it is well documented. A guy can make a crotch-grab a celebration of anything, including his heritage - whether you choose to believe it is entirely your problem...

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    If I scored a touchdown I would flop onto my belly and crawl around for a minute, then toss the football like a grenade.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    And then when I got an excessive celebration flag I would scream and fall over and pretend to have a seizure, just like Jim Harbaugh.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Maximum on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the Hingle McCringleberry myself.

• Options
    I'm a big fan of the Hingle McCringleberry myself.

@Abracadaniel

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    why does kaepernick own so many shoes

• Options
    why does kaepernick own so many shoes

heritage

• Options
    why does russell wilson own so many sick kids

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Let it not be said that Russel Wilson is not a wonderful human being.

Although I did see him walking his dog in Bellevue one time and he didn't bother to clean up after his dog took a shit.

Obstinate Prick.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    once I was walking my dog, and it sprayed diarrhea all over the sidewalk.

i wasn't really sure what to do. nobody saw it, so I just got the hell out of there as fast as possible.

• Options
    once I was walking my dog, and it sprayed diarrhea all over the sidewalk.

i wasn't really sure what to do. nobody saw it, so I just got the hell out of there as fast as possible.
    is your dog andy dalton because that sounds like something i watched two sundays ago.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i miss the bob and weave

truly its death is the no fun league's greatest atrocity

This discussion has been closed.