As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    WHERE IS YOUR MOD NOW?

eoocrwdhd0tuvpfftk5o.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm watching Alex from LRR play Layers of Fear. This is the best horror game. It's so goddamn good.
    "Is this Horror or Terror, well that's a good question. Nothing in the game is actively trying to kill you OHFUCKNO!!!"

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Link the video, all I can find is polygon's and the people playing it could only be more annoying if they were Jehovah's Witnesses who were also vegan.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Friend and I watched a l.p. of Until Dawn.

Game looks like good fun if your the one playing.

• Options
    Link the video, all I can find is polygon's and the people playing it could only be more annoying if they were Jehovah's Witnesses who were also vegan.

twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/v/13331565

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That is the best. Not what I expected!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Chicago hasn't been cancelled, so no.

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    http://bust.com/deconstructed-barbie-jewelry-is-beautifully-terrifying-and-riveting.html

the article accompanying the pics of these horrifying yet exquisite pieces of jewelry is worth reading. like, damn.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Wow

Like, that's pretty cool...

But that is also some next level serial killer type shit

Like, goddamn son.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    the two with the hands touching the faces are actually kinda sweet

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

Too soon man, too soon.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

Too soon man, too soon.

It doesn't help that MGSV has some of the most legitimately terrifying sequences I've played in a game all year. Some honest to god nail-biting tension and fear.

And every so often the sad thought pops into my head that this would have made a really great Silent Hill game.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    http://bust.com/deconstructed-barbie-jewelry-is-beautifully-terrifying-and-riveting.html

the article accompanying the pics of these horrifying yet exquisite pieces of jewelry is worth reading. like, damn.

Ok, some of those are weird, but

52a0f53a86c66.jpg

I really, really like this one.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Geth, seriously.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Geth loves human chopped up into jewelry.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    balerbower wrote: »

Ok, some of those are weird, but

52a0f53a86c66.jpg

I really, really like this one.

kinda reminds me of The Last Living Human from doctor who.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    what's a manny

mdkhzuqbjsl0.gif

Few years ago, when Slenderman was first really getting going, one of the spooky threads here decided to try and build something around this gif here.
    If I remember correctly, a couple different posters had talked about a persistent fear of a monster with a mouth for a face being behind a door that they're about to open, then someone brought up that gif and it spiraled from there.
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Basically it was a supernatural creature that manifested behind any closed or slightly open opening. Cubbards, doors, shower curtains, etc. You never, ever saw it dead on, but could catch glimpses. But you always new, deep down for certain just what it looked like, and that if you did see it, it would be very, very bad.

The popular idea was to do some sort of home renovation series, where the lead character moved into this home that had every door, drawer, etc ripped out. No place for Manny to hide.
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    There's an SCP on that, and I'm damned sure it was written by an Arcadian.

Link?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-303
    Witnesses describe SCP-303 as a nude, sexless, emaciated humanoid figure with reddish-brown skin. Instead of normal facial features, its head is dominated by an extremely large mouth, which bears a set of oversized human teeth. It continually vocalizes a wheezing noise, loud enough to be heard from the other side of most solid doors. All individuals who have had encounters with SCP-303 are capable of describing it in full, including individuals who have not physically seen any part of it.

Okay so I've been reading through the Creepythread, because it is how I joined the forums

You fuckers

The person who first talked about this shit was me

I'm not mad that this has spiraled into a nice forum legend- I'm happy about that

But I'm also fucking terrified because I haven't thought about this in years and I guarantee it will come back again

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Holy shit...it spawned an SCP? Or is this just a weird coincidence. Which one of you bastards has Access to Site 17? I need to know for....research.

*preps the amnesiacs*

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I just read through the SCP on it, finally

Pretty good job, whoever wrote that, of capturing the essence

*goes off to cry in a corner somewhere and await SCP-303's inevitable return*

• Options
    Ugh. You know what's a special kind of fear?

Stage fright. I'm sitting in on a friend's folk punk act tonight and it'll be my first time playing my harmonica in front of people and I'm a wreck. No matter how many times I perform in front of people I'm always so terrified before I actually do it.

• Options
    Holy shit...it spawned an SCP? Or is this just a weird coincidence. Which one of you bastards has Access to Site 17? I need to know for....research.

*preps the amnesiacs*

In the annual user review on the SCP wiki they ask where people hail from on the internet and the Penny-Arcade forums has showed up on there, so I'm guessing that that's an Arcadian spawn.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I remember when Quoth joined the SCP project and went on an editing spree the likes of which the world has likely never seen before, nor will again. She literally started at SCP 001 and edited the text for spelling, grammar, consistency, and clarity then moved on to the next article. I forget how far she made it through the archives, but she went on tilt on that shit...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Now Quoth is a SCP.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    cZ4RIa2.jpg

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    wut

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    the new southern belle? that's them

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    the new southern belle? that's them

I think they need an exorcist. New or otherwise.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I like how scp has a mix of things that are trying to be scary and things which are just weird objects.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I like how scp has a mix of things that are trying to be scary and things which are just weird objects.

I generally like the non-world-ending ones more. There's only so much apocalypse you can take before it gets goofy. That said?

2000 is pretty good.

• Options
    I like the really innocuous and funny SCP stuff, like the cat that is only halfway in our dimension or the awesome drink machine or those little friendly eyebots. Cute SCP items are my fuckin jaaaammmmmm

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I like the really innocuous and funny SCP stuff, like the cat that is only halfway in our dimension or the awesome drink machine or those little friendly eyebots. Cute SCP items are my fuckin jaaaammmmmm

For that set of criteria. SCP-999 can't be beat for that. A therapy slime that acts like a puppy. It just wants to take your hurt away and make you happy.

• Options
    The overall nihilistic view of the Foundation makes the cute SCPs darkly comedic. The cute therapy slime wants to make everyone happy, but it's in a facility that will gladly test its willingness to take a bullet for people, and the test subjects it's exposed to are prisoners who will be killed, with regularity, at the end of the month.

• Options
    The overall nihilistic view of the Foundation makes the cute SCPs darkly comedic. The cute therapy slime wants to make everyone happy, but it's in a facility that will gladly test its willingness to take a bullet for people, and the test subjects it's exposed to are prisoners who will be killed, with regularity, at the end of the month.

Cover story. They administer Amnesiacs and start the time over on the survivors. Sure the death toll of Class-D's are extremely high, but the ones who prove useful to the Foundation get exempt status because a SCiP took a liking to them or they get promoted to class C employees. Basically "team" leaders of Class D and janitorial staff.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Cover story. They administer Amnesiacs and start the time over on the survivors. Sure the death toll of Class-D's are extremely high, but the ones who prove useful to the Foundation get exempt status because a SCiP took a liking to them or they get promoted to class C employees. Basically "team" leaders of Class D and janitorial staff.

That makes a lot more sense.

The executions just seemed... wasteful.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My favourite SCPs are the ones that seem weird and silly and pointless

but then you think about it for a second

like the cakes. I love the cakes.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Yeah the super creepy ones are fun, but the ones that make you stop and think are really where it's at its best

Case in point: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2521

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh man, I've never seen that one before and it's my new favorite.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.