As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of the Ferrous Horde [SE++ WoW] Lorahalo is the Best!

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'm not a huge fan of the "Kill the boss and he heals back to full" shit that Garrosh does. I get why they did it, with the max health limitation and all, but fuck it's annoying as shit.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Fury AoE is amazing

it makes my Destro Lock look silly

Maybe Icy Veins is dated but it says that Arms has superior AoE capacity. I don't know how it concludes that, but there it is.

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Fury AoE is amazing

it makes my Destro Lock look silly

Maybe Icy Veins is dated but it says that Arms has superior AoE capacity. I don't know how it concludes that, but there it is.

I could see that, with sweeping strikes and thunderclap making everything bleed.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the "Kill the boss and he heals back to full" shit that Garrosh does. I get why they did it, with the max health limitation and all, but fuck it's annoying as shit.

Max health limitation? You mean in 2014 there's a video game that can't figure out a 10 digit number?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Max health limitation? You mean in 2014 there's a video game that can't figure out a 10 digit number?

It's a RAM thing. when you have to run hundreds of thousands of boss mobs on a server at the same time you use the smallest int you can, and you don't make it bigger until you absolutely have to

hence: stat crunch coming in next expansion??

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

It's a RAM thing. when you have to run hundreds of thousands of boss mobs on a server at the same time you use the smallest int you can, and you don't make it bigger until you absolutely have to

Yeah, okay, that all makes sense then. I just figured Blizzard would be the guys to figure out a way to make it work.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    MORE RAM!

• Options

Yeah, okay, that all makes sense then. I just figured Blizzard would be the guys to figure out a way to make it work.

I'm sure they could. But at the same time, billion health bosses are dumb as hell and a stat crunch has been needed IMO since lich king. Surprised it didn't happen for Cata since you would think redoing all that classic content would have been a good time to re-do itemization

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process.

want
    give

mkc.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    oh my god oh my god
    that is such a fukkin smart move (depending on if they keep a lot of the people who are going to be returning b/c of the free 90)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process.

want
    give

That will certainly save me a fuck of a lot of time with my Priest... or something. I didn't really have plans yet for that token, but I have been desperate to play a healer in the end game for far too long.

I have a really hard time choosing because I really don't know much about any of them except for Shaman which I love-hate.

As an aside, can you even imagine the bads in LFR the first week that shit drops? three hours of wipes in Terrace of Endless Springs

Jasconius on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Oh man oh man I have to decide...level 90 druid or level 90 priest?

• Options
    i want to play a druid

but having been abused by them in PVP for the better part of a decade, I feel as though to play a druid is basically cheating

and i am a man of deep morals

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I want a lvl 90 Monk like woah

hoping they don't nerf Brewmaster DPS

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Don't nerf it more you mean

• Options
    i am legitimately surprised at how few monks I see in LFR and I am curious on why

by far the most common is Mistweaver, you might see 1 DPS every now and then, and I think in almost a month of LFR I've seen one Brewmaster

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    i am legitimately surprised at how few monks I see in LFR and I am curious on why

by far the most common is Mistweaver, you might see 1 DPS every now and then, and I think in almost a month of LFR I've seen one Brewmaster

Biggest reason is probably that they start at level 1. I've always felt the reason you see so many DKs is not because people think they are cool or whatever it's because they start at level 55.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    that's why i made one

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I know when I make a new alt, the first thing I want to experience on it is hellfire peninsula

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Why'd I try to do LFR again on my fucking DK.

God I hate LFR.

• Options
    not only is hellfire bad on its own merits, but it's got to be one of the single worst zones for ganking in the entire game

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I usually just LFD or PvP til Wrath

Hellfire is like watching society collapse

it's the new xroads

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    not only is hellfire bad on its own merits, but it's got to be one of the single worst zones for ganking in the entire game

I got ganked more in Hyjal than Hellfire.

• Options
    The only good part of outland is that you only have to do hellfire, a couple LFD, and then some junk in nagrand

then poof you're 68 go to northrend and be bored in the fjord or tundra

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Boring Tundra, amirite?

• Options
    I got hit hard in hyjal during cata but I figured that was temporary for cata. For some reason that world PVP in hellfire is a perennial attraction to bored losers

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Boring Tundra, amirite?

Boreang, please

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So they're nerfing Thok. In particular, the damage on his aoe roar.

They're nerfing others too, but that's the one that matters to us. Galakras adds are being nerfed, but that'll just make the fight go from boring to actually falling asleep.

I'm glad they're not nerfing Garrosh yet, because goddammit we need to kill him in something other than flex.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Gunna be doing more old raids tomorrow, 730, 745 server.

I would like to do firelands for sure on my pally, but we'll definitely get the meta from bot and bwd first.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Well if we can cut down on the "oops I forgot how to not get eaten by Thok" wipes and the 10-minute runbacks they create we'll have more time to fight Garrosh...

mkc.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    oh my god oh my god
    that is such a fukkin smart move (depending on if they keep a lot of the people who are going to be returning b/c of the free 90)

It's a smart move but I just started playing again (had to make a new account unfortunately) so decided to level a monk. I'm 86 now and I barely see any other monks in dungeons, so it's kinda nice not to have that competition. I feel like once people are given a free 90 about a billion are going to choose monk.

Windwalker is a lot of fun, though. I'm doing about 40% of the dps in the dungeons at this point. Spinning Crane Kick is probably the best AoE attack I've ever used.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    going through the dark portal at 58 never gets old ever

mostly because vanilla content is still a boring slog even after cata sexed it up some

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Everything is better then wrath

Wrath is so bad

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

mostly because vanilla content is still a boring slog even after cata sexed it up some

honestly I like the cata stuff more than outland or northrend

it goes faster, at the very least

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Some zones (looking at you, Arathi Highlands) are horrible. But most zones are 10 times better than what they used to be. Personal favourites are both Plaguelands, Felwood, Westfall, Desolace, and Searing Gorge. All of those zones were incredibly horrible before Cata, now, depending on what continent I'm leveling on, I try to make sure I quest in those zones. The last one is interesting simply because most of the quests are exactly the same as the old version, but they streamlined it to make it fun (and added Lunk, quite possibly my favourite ogre)

• Options
    Yeah the plaguelands were my favorite pre-cata and they definitely are a favorite again

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    To tell you the truth, every damn zone, aside from a select few, has been vastly improved. And it's not just the storylines. The little things, like adding 2-3 more flightpaths, making quest items 100% drop, giving one time transports to quest hubs for people pre 20, cutting down on back and forth quests (Ambercombie and Stitch is a prime example) and a blue item at the end of each quest chain. Hell even Sithilis, a horrible zone, gives you a free portal to the Dark Portal zone (it's name escapes me).

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    blasted lands

im glad I can just level from tanking lfd over and over while chilling in IF

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Silverpine and Hillsbrad are exceptional now. Silverpine has a whole quest line where you help the Forsaken invasion of Gilneas. It's pretty cool.

Hillsbrad has the quest-giver story, which is fantastic.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

honestly I like the cata stuff more than outland or northrend

it goes faster, at the very least

I don't mind Cata zones but the dungeon slog is especially tedious 80-85. The "difficulty" spikes upward and groups without OP Pandas twink gear have to out a little effort into not dying. Which usually means they die horribly.

This discussion has been closed.