As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of the Ferrous Horde [SE++ WoW] Lorahalo is the Best!

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I wanted to throw Sikari off a cliff every time she said "Did you forget to equip your heaviest armor?" It was especially infuriating when she would say it when I would die on wave 10 of gold (the double large conqueror wave) on my warlock.

Also, Sikari attacks whatever has the lowest HP percent, so if there's something specific you want her to kill, lay into it as soon as possible and stay on it until she switches.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So here's a neat little tidbit that when I saw when playing the beta today

When you go into the dungeon journal, there's still the long tedious list of abilities and numbers etc

But there's also a separate tab that's basically the cliff notes version of the bosses mechanics

Simple stuff, like 'you can interrupt/dispel this' or 'hey maybe taunt to avoid this stacking too high'

Which is whatever, it's either that or just look for the same information on icy veins, but the biggest impact for us is, no more ten minute explanations before fights for people who have never done the fight before! 'Read the dungeon journal' is now an acceptable thing. That's very exciting

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I wanted to throw Sikari off a cliff every time she said "Did you forget to equip your heaviest armor?" It was especially infuriating when she would say it when I would die on wave 10 of gold (the double large conqueror wave) on my warlock.

Also, Sikari attacks whatever has the lowest HP percent, so if there's something specific you want her to kill, lay into it as soon as possible and stay on it until she switches.

I regret never getting around to finishing those. The first of two nights I tried endless tank I kept getting horrible horrible lag. The second I was fighting against agonizing pain in my right arm/shoulder. So I made it to 28/29 over and over but didn't hit 30. After that, when I would have been problem free I couldn't really muster up the motivation to spend 30 minutes on each attempt, since after more than one or two and I'd have babby to contend with.

• Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I've been thinking we should sched a heroic Terrace of Endless Spring run for that "The Fearless" title. That's a title worth having, not like "Champion of (gibberish name of place)" type titles they usually give out for stuff.

Plus we're all so overgeared it'd be easy probably.
    @Lord Dave@EclipsedPlanet‌ @Felicia Day

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i might be down for that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Aww yeah I got my Proven Defender title, now I'm all set for Warlords (barring some challenge modes cough cough)

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I dunno if it'd be easy but soon as I get my temporary living conditions worked out in the next weekish I'll know whether or not I can do it

Definitely sounds cool though, it's usually a lot of fun to go back and do early-expansion heroic content at the end of the current expansion. Barring Sinestra, we killt heroic 1st tier cataclysm but good with Dragon Soul gear.

I'm starting to miss a good raid as well. Not necessarily SoO just yet, but doing earlier stuff for titles and whatnot would be cooool

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    If you guys do stuff on a realm crossed to Mannoroth Horde, I'd be down. I have 550 geared Disc, Mistweaver, and Resto Druid; whichever suits best.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Man, I wanted to play with you guys, but Cho'gall is literally the worst server I have ever played on, in every metric. 90 Allies ganking me nonstop in every zone, trade and zone chats so consistently horrible that I wished I could gank Horde, fucked up AH, etc.

I just deleted all the characters I'd rolled there except my 85 Paladin, because I'm working on all 90s both factions and might as well finish him.

Yep. I played Alliance for a short time on Cho'gall back when people were leading "Alliance revival" movements a few years back. When 99% of the population is red to you then you tend to either get really good at PvP really fast or you leave the server. Cho'gall Horde have it so easy that when they come cross an Alliance halfway decent at PvP they get mowed down like grass because they've never polished their PvP skills. Alliance on the other hand have trained and polished every single day. A Level 80 Alliance was not fresh meat, it was a force of nature for the Horde to fear.

I got my warrior to 50 something before deciding I didn't want PvP servers anymore. Left to Wyrmrest Accord and have been happy there ever since.

• Options
    I dunno, that's exaggerating

I basically never ever pvp yet was still wholly capable of mowing down the rare alliance gank-attempt who wasn't 20 levels over me while leveling alts.

Sure there are some people who'll hone their pvp craft but I would wager it isn't the majority on either side.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm only decent at it but I'd generally wipe the floor with anyone who'd jump me while leveling.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I don't mind getting jumped by someone my own level. 90% of the time it's someone that my heirlooms are going to oneshot. The rest of the time, I still win, it just takes longer.

It's the 90s and groups that I got sick of. And the fucking nonstop 24/7 troll party in every form of general/trade/zone chat, courtesy of Laughing Skull people--from what I can tell, it's a server composed entirely the the kind of people that show up on other servers for a few minutes then get banned, except they're always there.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blizzard has officially cancelled Titan

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Oh no

Not Titan

The poor children

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    This perfectly completes my image of the Titan devs returning to WoW. Parachuting in to the Blizzard workshop, picking LFR up, "Woah what's this thing...oops, dropped it."

In the background, Titan crashes into a mountain and explodes.

• Options
    So I've been thinking we should sched a heroic Terrace of Endless Spring run for that "The Fearless" title. That's a title worth having, not like "Champion of (gibberish name of place)" type titles they usually give out for stuff.

Plus we're all so overgeared it'd be easy probably.
    @Lord Dave@EclipsedPlanet‌ @Felicia Day

This Thursday would work

• Options
    I almost definitely won't be available this week at all, sorry. Good luck though if you all run!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    This Thursday is footbaaaaaall

mkc.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Thursdays are my pathfinder game

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So if we do get a challenge mode group going, I've got invisibility potions covered. I bought the recipe, and then I farmed some mats, and now I have 280 potions.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Hope you got short ones too, they're useful as well.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Hello friends I've missed you

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I just beat Hexos

my #1 tip is to listen to some super hexagon music during the fight

• Options
    Hexos just sucks and is horrible and I really hope he's not in season 2

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

there has to be a challenge card for him, there has to be, not even a shirt card, just like one of the Rank 8 Special Challenge Cards ones

but 100% yeah he needs to not be in the main line-up

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

there has to be a challenge card for him, there has to be, not even a shirt card, just like one of the Rank 8 Special Challenge Cards ones

he was the roadblock that stopped my fiteklub progression

• Options
    I think I hate Nibbleh more than hexos right now

if I've met a buggier fight I don't think I remember it

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Is he the fucker with the ghosts, because I cannot beat that guy

Is anyone here in the beta?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceres wrote: »

Yeah I've been playing around with it for a couple months now

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »

nah, he is super hexagon guy

• Options
    That being said, Dark Summoner is also super dumb for classes with lower mobility

• Options
    edited September 2014
    That being said, Dark Summoner is also super dumb for classes with lower mobility

I remember it being alright, and DK's don't run very fast

also I finished the brawler's guild, and I have 3 challenge cards left to defeat & collect, working on leveling battle pets for doopy

edit: but I'm not sure how to start the battle pets trainer quest stuff, I can't fight any of them

Huntera on
  • Options
    Oh, I meant mobility as in, like, not being able to move while casting and stuff, so Mages and Priests kind of had a hard time.

Melees

• Options

also I finished the brawler's guild, and I have 3 challenge cards left to defeat & collect, working on leveling battle pets for doopy

edit: but I'm not sure how to start the battle pets trainer quest stuff, I can't fight any of them

You get the first trainer quest by talking to the guy in Orc up by the flight master, off to the right

• Options

You get the first trainer quest by talking to the guy in Orc up by the flight master, off to the right

I've done the stuff up to like, Level a Battle Pet to Level 3 and turned that in, but I can't fight any of the trainers still

• Options
    You should get a quest to fight the first battle pet tamer once you do the intro ones, but you have to fight them in a particular order, starting in Durotar

• Options
    You should get a quest to fight the first battle pet tamer once you do the intro ones, but you have to fight them in a particular order, starting in Durotar

I don't! As far as I understand it's an auto-pop up and auto-accept, and I know I've turned in these quests

I think to the brill pet trainer, since I think I did it on an undead character?

• Options
    I'm looking forward to raiding again. Hope the patch is this week

• Options

I don't! As far as I understand it's an auto-pop up and auto-accept, and I know I've turned in these quests

I think to the brill pet trainer, since I think I did it on an undead character?

You have to go back to the main trainer guy (the one who taught you the skill) to officially get the trainer quests. I'm pretty sure Horde starts in Kalimdor (Orgrimmar/Durotar specifically) and follows that progression path, since the only 'aspiring' pet trainers that the Horde can battle show up there.

This discussion has been closed.