As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Early Access [Steam] Thread

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think my dragon commander gift expired or something because I wasn't able to get on steam for that whole weekend, tragedy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Age of Wonders 3 does look good. I wonder how well it plays on the lappy.

Also, is it just me, or does Heroes of Annihilated Empires look really good for an 8 year old game?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    I have a 75% off coupon for Stealth Bastard Deluxe to the first person who wants it.

Game is also free on PS+ if people didn't know.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Unreal titles seem to be 75% off at GoG.com on their Battle of the Games promo thing.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Unreal titles seem to be 75% off at GoG.com on their Battle of the Games promo thing.
    OH MAN

Finally get to play UT99 again.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Well I'm off to bed, anyone want that 75% off coupon pm me, first come first serve. It's for Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I need a recommendation for an 18-year-old young man who is on Easter/Spring Break and just got out of the hospital.

I have two items on his wishlist already, not much else there to speak of, but good-value games at low-low prices (and short game-time intervals) is what I'm going for.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    lego marvel superheroes is $5 at the moment

I think Cook Serve Delicious is also on sale

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I need a recommendation for an 18-year-old young man who is on Easter/Spring Break and just got out of the hospital.

I have two items on his wishlist already, not much else there to speak of, but good-value games at low-low prices (and short game-time intervals) is what I'm going for.

A healthy supply of pizza, booze, and nubile members of whatever gender he happens to prefer?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Unreal 2 multiplayer was woefully unappreciated.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kilroy wrote: »
    lego marvel superheroes is $5 at the moment

I think Cook Serve Delicious is also on sale

Both bought and sent.
    A healthy supply of pizza, booze, and nubile members of whatever gender he happens to prefer?

Dad might pop a beer for him, pizza is possible and his soon-to-be-official-girlfriend is visiting the family this evening.

edit:

Okay, we've got him covered for the week and weekend.

Now all I have to do is bury him in digital madness for the coming summer ...

When is the Steam Spring Sale coming around? I have two brothers plus myself on Steam, 4-packs seem like a good thing to get on top of when they happen, the last of the four will be good for gifting.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    oh yeah I forgot

I played all the way through chapter 2 of Dragon Commander without the Red player ever moving a muscle towards me; I assume it's hard-coded into him somehow. Anyway that meant he was last on the list of targets so he got it rather worse than the rest of them:
    D4F4D40B84D9E8436D1CD02DFDEA9863AE67F0C9

I had to pull my transports back out in order to make room for all of the attacking tokens, but it just kept them as part of the battle anyway:
    C722FD75EC5573BF93476DD0C14684E31DEE9A7C

then my computer locked up and I realized I had been playing Dragon Commander for four hours

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    !!

!

Dragon Commander

(see, the ! is my reaction to seeing that I had gotten Dragon Commander from !!)

((because I had never gotten an email about it like I usually do))

(((Also oh my gosh, thank you, I am super excited to try out the fantasy politics, !!!)))

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ars has apparently been datamining steam profile pages top find out what we knew already. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/
    People buy games and don't play them. But now we have lots of graphs.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hmRShZJ.png

ahahaha football manager

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, the people who actually buy it are really into it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've seen people fall down the Football Manager well before.

That's why I stay clean by doing wholesome all natural meth.

Meth is my anti-drug.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Surprised xcom isn't higher. I have over 300 hours in it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    from what I understand football manager fans rival sonic fans in sheer terms of "these people's devotion is what's keeping sega afloat"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Total war is sega too

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised that DA:O is still up there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish Rome 2 ran better.

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    I'm a bit surprised Europa Universalis IV made that list, but Crusader Kings II didn't. This is clearly just my uninformed anecdotal impression, but CK2 has always felt like the more popular of the two

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I think that's why. EU4 isn't nearly as easy to get into so people aren't saying "oh shit EU4 is great you should try it" to all their friends like CK2 was, but the people who like it play the shit out of it.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    eu4 is about a billion times easier to play than ck2

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    god damn agarest zero is 5 gigs. the first one was 1.6, I thought this one was going to be a lot smaller.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    eu4 is about a billion times easier to play than ck2

I think this forum is the only place on the planet that CK2 is more popular than EU.

There's a reason there have been 4 EU games and only 2 CK games. EU sells waaaay better.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    god damn agarest zero is 5 gigs. the first one was 1.6, I thought this one was going to be a lot smaller.

You gotta fit all that anime somewhere.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    aaaand it runs in a resolution not supported by my monitor. I hope there is a way to adjust the defaults outside of the game

there we go. crisis averted

Jars on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

65% of that time is the Deep Roads though.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

65% of that time is the Deep Roads though.
    good post

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    No sign of Easter treats on Steam, which is disappointing.

But Sleepy Puppies is like, $5 at Green Man Gaming, maybe less with the voucher, I don't know.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    EU IV is easier but also way more predictable, and a lot of it is spent just waiting.
    CK2 has a lot more agency. It takes longer to learn. Also the fact that your family is at the core of it makes it a lot more interesting.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My only real issue with EU is the way it tries to railroad history into what actually happened.

If I'm playing a historical strategy game, it is explicitly because I want history to go off the rails. EU tries its best to make sure that doesn't happen.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I would guess there are mods to take care of that.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    New Beaglerush video series!

http://youtu.be/zUeHJ2RU1e0

My goodness, the Long War mod looks fantastic. Ughhh I have so many other games to play, I can't afford to get sucked back into XCOM.

Maybe just one mission...

• Options
    New Beaglerush video series!

*snip*

My goodness, the Long War mod looks fantastic. Ughhh I have so many other games to play, I can't afford to get sucked back into XCOM.

Maybe just one mission...

Or twelve, but really, who's counting?

Go ahead, try one mission.

It can't be any less wholesome than heroin, you can quit at any time, really, all the cool kids are doing it ....

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    BEAGLE YAAAAY BEAGLE

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Humongous Entertainment just dropped a bunch of their games on Steam

Didn't think I would ever see these things again

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    No sign of Easter treats on Steam, which is disappointing.

But Sleepy Puppies is like, $5 at Green Man Gaming, maybe less with the voucher, I don't know.

Well KoA: Reckoning is on sale from now till the 21st at 6 and 12 bucks, depending if you buy it without or with the DLC. Sounds like a treat to me.

This discussion has been closed.