As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CA] Hangout Thread. We have Yeungling and Lesbi-kisses! Roster Updated as of 7/24/14

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Not gonna lie... When I worked security at a country club in the foothills, I was closing up the on course bathroom when something flaps by my head inside. And keeps flapping around for a bit. Thinking it's a bird I try and get it outside.

Then it lands.

ON the wall.

Not a beam or truss, but the wall. With its wings.

I calming back out, hit the lights and lock the door.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Gotta a love a state where you can Ski in the morning and Surf in the evening of the same day. (Granted that's pushing it, so you really need a weekend. But not like a 3 day weekend.)

I've done that in one day. My friends back in college called it the Triple Threat. Longboard/Skateboard to the beach, Surf in the morning, finish the day in the mountains nightboarding. It's as awesome as it sounds, but man was I tired. Best I can do these days is maybe two of those. I heard you could do this in Hawaii as well, but just not as easily.

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Any of you guys familiar with Couchsurfing?

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Yes and no.
    I've had friends tie a couch to the back of their truck and we all took turns sitting on the couch while the others drove around the block.
    If it relates to a couch at the beach, no.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options

Yes and no.
    I've had friends tie a couch to the back of their truck and we all took turns sitting on the couch while the others drove around the block.

Hahaha, I suppose that counts, but I was talking about the backpackers group. Basically wherever you travel, you have a couch to crash on if you're a member of this group. The group is having a meet up in downtown this weekend.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Yes and no.

Hahaha, I suppose that counts, but I was talking about the backpackers group. Basically wherever you travel, you have a couch to crash on if you're a member of this group. The group is having a meet up in downtown this weekend.

That sounds like a huge couch.

---

I suppose I should put my availability/interest level out there. I generally work weekend afternoons/evenings/nights, so that cuts down on when I can do anything. My weeks are generally pretty free. I'm cool with meetups and the usual group gathering activities (movies, meals, drinks, plotting assassinations, puppy pageants). I've never done any group gaming so I don't know how I'd do in those kind of gatherings. Umm. That about covers it for now.

Gim on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    El Dorado county here. Just east of Sacramento.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Dude I'm like, just above you!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Drakeon wrote: »
    El Dorado

Reno's shining star!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Yes and no.

Welp, secret's out...I'm not a backpacker. :(
    Edit: But I do love hiking; in fact, it was my job at one time!
    I'd be down for the cabin idea, but if anybody wanted to stick a pushpin into a park or game shop for a single-day hang-out, if it's close enough (for multiple people, obviously), I'd be up for making something of a half-hour trip for that. Maybe a PA lunch meet-up?
    The tricky part, though, is knowing who wants to go, where those people live, and how best to accommodate everybody's travel-distance.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Being unemployed, I can say that I've got next-to-nothing holding me back from traveling out to hang out with people except for the occasional interview that I'm lining up each week (yet still somehow not getting hired).
    Plus, I love visiting new places to eat. Some of the best places I've had meals have been hole-in-the-wall restaurants that aren't part of a chain.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Antelope valley here (la county but 50 miles from LA). I'd be up for social meetups. Big bear sounds fun, but how do I know nobody will kill me or douse me in garlic while I sleep?

• Options
    Nah. I think we're of the type to do that while you're awake.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Antelope valley here (la county but 50 miles from LA). I'd be up for social meetups. Big bear sounds fun, but how do I know nobody will kill me or douse me in garlic while I sleep?

These are very specific concerns. Either that or you're clairvoyant and know of my..."garlic parties".
    Being unemployed, I can say that I've got next-to-nothing holding me back from traveling out to hang out with people except for the occasional interview that I'm lining up each week (yet still somehow not getting hired).
    Plus, I love visiting new places to eat. Some of the best places I've had meals have been hole-in-the-wall restaurants that aren't part of a chain.

If you want to come out to orange county, I think we could probably get four of us in one place together. That may cause some sort of temporal rift, but I think it may be worth it.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Tommatt wrote: »

Which is why I want to get some smaller get-togethers for lunch or something going.
    But if people want to douse me in garlic, please promise me that you'll also baste me on the rotisserie with some Frank's Red Hot...love that shit.

Edit: Also, it better be organic. California is pretty much top of the list for states that people demand everything be organic. Everything except Frank's Red Hot...I just had some on a corn tortilla, and damn that was a good tortilla.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options

If you want to come out to orange county, I think we could probably get four of us in one place together. That may cause some sort of temporal rift, but I think it may be worth it.

Something this weekend? I usually go out to eat with my parents on Friday night and I have an interview lined up for Monday, but other than that, my schedule is blank.

• Options
    All us Sacramentites...
    Sacraments...
    Sacramenenites...
    Sacramentoians...

People in this area... We should all get together as well.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    If you're still gathering names, I'm in northern Orange County. I can't vouch for my availability all the time, but hearing about this sort of thing makes me happy.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Bursar wrote: »
    If you're still gathering names, I'm in northern Orange County. I can't vouch for my availability all the time, but hearing about this sort of thing makes me happy.

I am, and you're added. We need to unify the Orange Countians before the Sacrementites rally.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    I didn't believe it but there actually is a county called YOLO? Is the primary export swag?

Considering the 3 major towns that I know of are West Sacramento, Davis and Woodland...

Kinda... Woodland is dying, Davis is a college town and West Sacramento is on the wrong side of the river.

Haha. This old man had the reverse confusion at first when it seemed like suddenly every other kid on the internet was repping his area. And I'm in Davis specifically, pretty sure our primary exports are geeky scientists who seem to pop up in the NPR On Science podcast every other week or so and the occasional oddball stories like The Toad Tunnel for folks like Colbert to make fun of.

Davis is a lovely little college town - I always like when I end up there walking around downtown in the spring/summer.

As far as I'm concerned, you export a lot of attractive women. Most of the time I find myself down there is when I'm meeting people for dates :P

Jragghen on
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Attractive co-eds are the imported raw material we manufacture into geeky scientists and then ship back out to places like Portland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CPkRDfhyE

But yeah, totally spoiled on the pretty people front here.

And it does look like Sacramento's the good middle ground for the folks around here even though no one's popped up in the city itself yet. I'm a stereotypical Davisite in the bike everywhere sense but Yolobus'll get me as far as downtown Sac if we get something set up out there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'm aware of one, maybe two people who are pretty close to Sacramento proper, but not within city limits. Won't post names because it's not my place to call 'em out, even if they've posted themselves before.

I'm Sacramento County, but still about a half hour from downtown. Tend to be super busy, though, so it'd be up in the air as to whether or not I can make anything.

• Options
    Well, I'm currently unemployed which means massive free time but no money.

So I can play taxi provided someone pays and doesn't mind a car that's about to fall apart.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oooooohhhhhh.

Henroid is in San Jose! Which pretty much means "Bay Area."

• Options
    Well, I'm currently unemployed which means massive free time but no money.

So I can play taxi provided someone pays and doesn't mind a car that's about to fall apart.

I don't mind a little bit of driving so long as it's not a weekly thing...then gas starts to get expensive.
    But a first-time meet-up is within my current funds.

• Options
    We should get some sort of hang out going. Who's down?

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I'm down to meet some PA people. But free time is going to be hard to come by for the near future. If something does get planned though, I'll join if I can.

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    Not quite sure if I'm north or south orange county but according to Google maps I'm north OC.

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Would it be helpful to post events in each region and see if people would be interested meeting up for them? I've turned into an event coordinator of sorts for my friends up north and down here, so my feed is constantly filled with random adventures. Art openings, artwalks, cool live shows, etc.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I live in LA. But, like all LA people, I demand that you Orange County people come to me to hang out. I try not to go "down there" too often. It makes me feel unclean.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Would it be helpful to post events in each region and see if people would be interested meeting up for them? I've turned into an event coordinator of sorts for my friends up north and down here, so my feed is constantly filled with random adventures. Art openings, artwalks, cool live shows, etc.

I think it would. I'm not plugged into too much stuff west of Roseville though (ie Sacramento proper), but I got an ear on the ground for various major cons and such.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I live in LA. But, like all LA people, I demand that you Orange County people come to me to hang out. I try not to go "down there" too often. It makes me feel unclean.

I can get in the giant orange balloon and see the huge brown smudge on the horizon over in LA's direction, and yet you feel unclean when you leave it. ;)

But, yeah, LA has better things "to do" unless there's a specific event planned.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Oakland. Ish. Sign me up!

• Options

Hey! OC rat burgers ain't half bad! Plus, come on...do you really expect the rest of us to adhere to your silly 3 shells in the restroom?

• Options
    Haha alright then, I'll start posting the calendar in the OP. I'll update it weeklyish and you guys can figure out what you want to go to.

• Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    I am in South SF Bay Area/Peninsula depending on time of day.

• Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Feral wrote: »
    Drakeon wrote: »
    El Dorado

Reno's shining star!

Nahh, not South Lake Tahoe, much closer to Sacramento. (unless this was a reference I didn't get, which is quite possible)

I'd be down for some sort of meet up though. Although pretty soon im going to be working graveyards, so not sure what my schedule will be.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm holed up near Six Flags, add me to the list under Santa Clarita Valley. I'm down for weekend stuff, but with work and a significant other in Santa Barbara, my schedule is pretty packed.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    FYI DasUberEdward no longer lives in LA.

Strike him from the record

• Options
    FYI DasUberEdward no longer lives in LA.

Strike him from the record

What? Where'd that bugger disappear to?