As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    @Houn Do you like Blade Runner? Do you want to get super involved in not just building a deck, but making it yours? Do you like games that feature tension so thick and heavy, you'll finish matches with BIGGER SHOULDERS!?!

If so, then yes, it is that good.

Farangu on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Yeah, looks like it's time to start dropping hints that it'd be a great b-day gift.

Then when no one gets it for me I can just go buy it myself because I'M AN ADULT!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Being able to go out and buy your own toys truly is the best part of being an adult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That and eating ice cream for dinner because you can, goddamnit

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    That and eating ice cream for dinner because you can, goddamnit

If being an adult is realizing you can bake a pepperoni pizza for breakfast and then not doing it because responsible...

well, I'm halfway there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    I happened to notice a representative of FFG giving a demo of this game to someone at PAX yesterday, but didn't have the opportunity to do much more than listen in for a minute or two.

I have spent every free second at work today obsessively scouring the internet for reviews, gameplay videos, and anything else I can consume, and feel as though there is no way it's as good as I'm making it out to be in my head.

*edit* I wish I'd noticed they were doing demos days ago, I could have easily fit in a session to learn how to play.

I thought the same thing when I first heard about it

basically, "there's no way this is that good"

I was completely wrong because it's easily one of the best games I've ever played

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    :D My gf just used Power Shutdown to kill my Torch in my CT Oracle May events deck. TORCH!

She only put one agenda in archives in the process. One! If I'd tried to pull that shit archives would somehow suddenly contain 7 3/5s that weren't even in my deck.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Torch was the cheapest program or hardware you had? That seems hard to believe. You know with Power Shutdown, the runner chooses something with the cost of X or less, right? Like, you can choose to trash a 0 cost program because it is less than the trashed cards.

Endaro on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I just want you all to know that I spent my entire evening watching cyberpunk short films on youtube and looking up cyberpunk photos and artwork on reddit.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Endaro wrote: »
    Torch was the cheapest program or hardware you had? That seems hard to believe. You know with Power Shutdown, the runner chooses something with the cost of X or less, right? Like, you can choose to trash a 0 cost program because it is less than the trashed cards.

Yup. CT Oracle May events deck. Two Oracle May, one Torch, one Battering Ram, one Femme, 35 events. Tons of cash to get in anywhere and max of three programs and one resource installed. Torch and Oracle May were the only things installed at the time.

Epimer on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Playing against Nasir decks seems pretty annoying if you're not running an ultra quick FA deck or something that just looks to kill them. Managed to score two agendas before he had anything in his rig up, but after about turn six he could run basically anywhere. I guess the same deck would also work with other Shapers, just using Personal Workshop and cache and ghost runner and so forth.

Also had a couple of games against the all traps no ice Jinteki deck that's doing the rounds. Whizzard pulling a Keyhole first turn wrecks them quite nicely. Fun to play against, though. Trashed about fourteen points of agendas into his archives over the course of the game

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Nasir is probably the most brilliantly designed Runner ID in ages.

0 credits? Fuck it, I'm running.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Nasir is really clever, yeah

he changes the game in a pretty fundamental way

• Options
    Epimer wrote: »
    :D My gf just used Power Shutdown to kill my Torch in my CT Oracle May events deck. TORCH!

She only put one agenda in archives in the process. One! If I'd tried to pull that shit archives would somehow suddenly contain 7 3/5s that weren't even in my deck.

she shutdown'd a torch?

daaaaaamn

TRUST IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Epimer wrote: »

she shutdown'd a torch?

daaaaaamn

TRUST IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS

Oh god, now I want an Exodia-like in Netrunner just for fun. X.O.D.I.A. Project. A set of 5 cards that, if all installed at the same time, wins the Corp the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    I've got the starter box and tried it with some friends yesturday. We managed to mess up quite a few rules so I got a few quick questions if you all dont mind.

1. If a corp has rezzed some ice. The next time the runner makes a run against the same server and the ice is still there. Does the corp have to pay anything or is it a one time cost?
    2. the runner can usually boost his or her icebreakers by paying credits. can you do this just once or you do this multiple times against the same ice? IE not just pay 1 credit but perhaps 4.

Also deckbuilding, I assume alot of much smarter players than me has done fun things with the starter box. Where might I find out about such things.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Lind wrote: »
    I've got the starter box and tried it with some friends yesturday. We managed to mess up quite a few rules so I got a few quick questions if you all dont mind.

1. If a corp has rezzed some ice. The next time the runner makes a run against the same server and the ice is still there. Does the corp have to pay anything or is it a one time cost?
    2. the runner can usually boost his or her icebreakers by paying credits. can you do this just once or you do this multiple times against the same ice? IE not just pay 1 credit but perhaps 4.

Also deckbuilding, I assume alot of much smarter players than me has done fun things with the starter box. Where might I find out about such things.

1. Rezzing ice is a one time cost.

2. You can boost as many times as needed, so for example using crypsis against a strength 3 ice you can pay 3 to bring it up to 3 strength. Bear in mind that unless the icebreaker states otherwise it reverts back to 0 after that piece of ice, so you have to boost it again for the next one. (I might be wrong but I think the only breaker that states otherwise in the core set is Gordian Blade, its boosted strength lasts the duration of the entire run)

As for core set decks, meteor lets you filter decks by card set, however it doesn't let you filter by number of core sets you have available. I’m not actually sure if there is an online deck builder that does.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Thanks. Looking forward to trying playing again.

• Options
    PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    netrunnerdb.com has an option to filter by number of core sets when building a deck, it's in the top right corner of the interface next to where you select the datapacks you have.

Praetor on
    3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • Options
    xiears wrote: »

2. You can boost as many times as needed, so for example using crypsis against a strength 3 ice you can pay 3 to bring it up to 3 strength. Bear in mind that unless the icebreaker states otherwise it reverts back to 0 after that piece of ice, so you have to boost it again for the next one. (I might be wrong but I think the only breaker that states otherwise in the core set is Gordian Blade, its boosted strength lasts the duration of the entire run)

As for core set decks, meteor lets you filter decks by card set, however it doesn't let you filter by number of core sets you have available. I’m not actually sure if there is an online deck builder that does.

All three of the core Shaper breakers actually, Battering Ram and Pipeline as well. They just see less play.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    If anyone's interested, I tossed up a thread for a FATE campaign. [pbp] Android: FATE of the Net

Even if you just want to offer any suggestions for how I'm handling Icebreakers and such, feel free to pop on over!

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    OCTGN anyone? I really need to get to playing more, understanding deckbuilding, and just getting to know cards outside of the core set.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    A couple from my local meta headed over east for the Australian championships today! Sounds like there's 80 people, 7 rounds of Swiss and a cut to the top 8. 55 minute rounds, though, which is kinda sucky. And apparently no lunch break? Thems the breaks for only doing it over one day I suppose.

Seems the participation prize is TWO Noise promos, though. One of them has a spare promo Kate, too, so now I have to work out how to get two promo cards off them :3

• Options
    xiears wrote: »

Net Deck for iPad does! it is by far the best Netrunner deckbuilding software available.

• Options
    Well, one of them managed to come in 7th during Swiss, but was knocked out after two NEH back-to-back losses (he was playing Andy). Alas! But top 8 is pretty great since only 2 people from our state were over there!

Apparently he played almost entirely NEH and Andy all day. Couple of Kate games, one Ken game and one ETF game. The rest was NEH and Andy. D:

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My current deck for corp is NEH and my new runner deck is Andy.

But my NEH deck is city surveilence, encryption protocol, dedicated response team oriented (and so far undefeated but so far hasn't faced any real competition) and my Andy is a connections deck, we will see how that goes.

:P

• Options
    I always liked running the Ocean's Eleven deck with Andy, but my version seemed to slow to get up and going. If you can make it work, I'd be interested in seeing what you get.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Just dusted off my old KateSource deck and beat a Jinteki PE deck with it. He even got a 6 point lead, crushing through all my sources. In the end borrowed satellite, underworld contact, and levy AR were superstars and I was able to grind my way all the way to seven. I really like the Source, especially if you also run Fall Guy. I can't seem to get into the right mindset to play Criminal or Anarch well, but this deck continues to score a really high winning percentage on OCTGN :).

sig.gif
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm debating trying to get back into Netrunner after how fun that pBp game was. I had a core set and most of the first cycle, but got out before either deluxe expansion because no one in my local area plays the game. All the people I know who are into card games are much more into Thrones or Lord of the Rings.

I'm hoping I can be ok and get my Running and Corping fix with Octgn, once I get a few good games in to figure out the interface there.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    Corbius wrote: »
    I'm debating trying to get back into Netrunner after how fun that pBp game was. I had a core set and most of the first cycle, but got out before either deluxe expansion because no one in my local area plays the game. All the people I know who are into card games are much more into Thrones or Lord of the Rings.

I'm hoping I can be ok and get my Running and Corping fix with Octgn, once I get a few good games in to figure out the interface there.

I've never been a big fan of OCTGN, do you have any friends or a significant other you could get in to the game? I find nothing compares to an in-person experience.

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    Sadly no. My roomate enjoys some good board games but has never really been into any card games.

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Tie him to a chair?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Well, one of them managed to come in 7th during Swiss, but was knocked out after two NEH back-to-back losses (he was playing Andy). Alas! But top 8 is pretty great since only 2 people from our state were over there!

Apparently he played almost entirely NEH and Andy all day. Couple of Kate games, one Ken game and one ETF game. The rest was NEH and Andy. D:

Sounds like Worlds is going to be good for deck variety this year!
    Hmm...

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I prefer OCTGN and cardgamedb to mucking with decks in-person. I'm not online that much anymore but if you can find some PA players, get some chat going or get on vent, it can be a real fun time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    First Contact's off the boat and should be in stores on the 12'thish.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Well, my friend who got 7/8th at our nationals just posted this image:

10665108_10152488388104584_5829428844102113593_n.jpg?oh=25102526f5d4405644620c9a5ec2c0b1&oe=54D15EAE

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Just go4 into this game. Maaaaan its awesome. I just wabt tobuy all the cards!

Loving anarch decks. Hate gabriel. He gets rich and then .. dies like a bitch?

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Guy just thrashed my kate deck, first loss with it in ages, with a NEH hub deck that ran snare, tgtbt, city surveilance, pad campaign, dedicated response team, and encryption protocol. My econ didn't come out fast and I just crashed and burned. Very cool deck, I hope it's actually competitive. Much more fun to play against than astrobiotics BS.

sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Guy just thrashed my kate deck, first loss with it in ages, with a NEH hub deck that ran snare, tgtbt, city surveilance, pad campaign, dedicated response team, and encryption protocol. My econ didn't come out fast and I just crashed and burned. Very cool deck, I hope it's actually competitive. Much more fun to play against than astrobiotics BS.

Hey that is the NEH deck I am running! Well, just without tgtbt because that is from the one data pack I am missing. It is a suuuuper fun deck to run. I am also not sure if it is super competitive yet but so far it is undefeated, but last netrunner night had a low turnout so I played it exclusively against a new player so it hasn't really been put through its paces yet.

It did manage to win without seeing a single dedicated response team, just off of taxing the runner, making money and how stupidly powerful astro script it, even without any other fast advance stuff in the deck. What a stupidly strong agenda.

I'd love to find the space for paywall implementation in the deck, getting a money everytime they run a remote would be hilarious, but not sure what out of faction card I would give up.