As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh my gerb.

ChaosTheoryAltArt_web.png

ALT ART CT.

(From the 2015 Store Champs.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I want that!

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Oh man, they're doing alt art of non-core identities now? It's going to take a long time to get to it, but I look forward to Reina.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for a game on OCTGN right now?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Anyone up for a game on OCTGN right now?

id powerpuppies if you're still around

sig.gif
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Nasir, like every other shaper, beats my glacier deck by waiting long enough. Made it to 6 AP off a haas arcology, but in the end 3 R&D interfaces and an opus cannot be denied. Woulda ended a lot sooner if he'd realized that nasir with a toolbox doesn't need to spend a sucker token and $3 on an atman-4 to break shinobi.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this just in: quetzal is RIDICULOUS

that is all

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Britishers: have any of your FLGS's got First Contact in yet? Your answers will determine what I do with my lunch break.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Making an all stealth deck with Kate and hmmm it gets expensive in terms of influence. Two each of the Anarch and Criminal stealth hardware cards and a BlacKat eat up all my influence.

With those, three cloaks and two lockpicks and there are 9 recurring credits and 9 Ghost Runner credits in the deck for use on stealth cards. Running just one copy of the three stealth icebreakers and nothing else (except cloaks and SMC) feels a bit all in, but still.

It's getting to the stealth hardware that feels like the diciest part of the deck. It only really stops Dagger from being used entirely, but without them the breakers are just ok but not great normal breakers that ate up all your influence. The cloaks and ghost runners will hopefully come out often enough to fill the gap until the hardware gets drawn, so hopefully that'll tide me over.

• Options
    Spent my lunch break crying while mashing F5. Thanks guys.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Making an all stealth deck with Kate and hmmm it gets expensive in terms of influence. Two each of the Anarch and Criminal stealth hardware cards and a BlacKat eat up all my influence.

With those, three cloaks and two lockpicks and there are 9 recurring credits and 9 Ghost Runner credits in the deck for use on stealth cards. Running just one copy of the three stealth icebreakers and nothing else (except cloaks and SMC) feels a bit all in, but still.

It's getting to the stealth hardware that feels like the diciest part of the deck. It only really stops Dagger from being used entirely, but without them the breakers are just ok but not great normal breakers that ate up all your influence. The cloaks and ghost runners will hopefully come out often enough to fill the gap until the hardware gets drawn, so hopefully that'll tide me over.

This seems viable... I run an smc-clone chip-pro con deck with 1 of each breaker and I don't usually have any trouble getting the breakers I need. Test Run is obviously another contender for smoothing out a single copy of out of faction breakers. Only comment I'd make is a single copy of Deus X goes a long way against jinteki (and that bastard Nasir made good use of it against my glaciers, grrrr).

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kate Shush.

First Shaper deck I've played for ages that doesn't run Modded, but most things cost 1.

• Options
    Huh, NetrunnerDB apparently got a C&D from FFG.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    That seems very not awesome. Especially if it's a sign of things to come for other parts of the fan community (eg. OCTGN).

FFG are supposed to be comparatively chill with stuff like this, aren't they?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    That seems very not awesome. Especially if it's a sign of things to come for other parts of the fan community (eg. OCTGN).

Isn't A:NR licensed from WotC, as they owned the original Netrunner? If so, they may have a part in this decision.

• Options
    This will also affect NetDeck, as they pull all their images from NetrunnerDB. Which is a shame.

• Options
    Reddit and bgg suggest somebody made an online netrunner client that used an api exposed by NetrunnerDB to provide scans of all the cards, and there's some speculation that's what drove the C&D, both to jinteki.net and NetrunnerDB. Something about in the US if you don't enforce your copyright you lose it, and that may have been a concern for WotC, FFG, or both.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Reddit and bgg suggest somebody made an online netrunner client that used an api exposed by NetrunnerDB to provide scans of all the cards, and there's some speculation that's what drove the C&D, both to jinteki.net and NetrunnerDB. Something about in the US if you don't enforce your copyright you lose it, and that may have been a concern for WotC, FFG, or both.

I think this is internet lawyers confusing copyright and trade mark law. IANAL, but I do IP stuff for a living (just not this particular flavour of IP stuff) albeit not primarily US stuff. It could be as simple as wanting to push the community towards using cardgamedb, but that would be an incredibly heavy handed way of doing so. I suspect the fairly brazen jinteki.net online client is what made the enforcement fairies come out to play, though, as FFG are savvy enough to know that shutting down fan sites is going to do them no favours in the court of public opinion.

• Options
    Probably a bad idea to provide an API to make it easier to access high quality scans of their art programmatically, in any case.

sig.gif
  • Options
    This will also affect NetDeck, as they pull all their images from NetrunnerDB. Which is a shame.

one of the devs is a good friend of mine and he basically said that without NRDB there is no NetDeck since no other sites have an API they can use

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    jakobagger wrote: »

Heh, I didn't read the abbreviation very closely and I thought he was saying FFG sent them the next data pack early so they could scan it. That would be a nice gesture for what they've done for the community. Now I see it was an abbreviation for cease and desist, and that's pretty shitty!

Endaro on
  • Options
    I'm really hoping they can figure out some way to preserve netdeck because cardgamedb is garbage

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

one of the devs is a good friend of mine and he basically said that without NRDB there is no NetDeck since no other sites have an API they can use

seems like they could just scrape cardgamedb?

would that be too slow or something?

sig.gif
  • Options

I'm not a programmer but as I understand it there just isn't any way to pull that data effectively

• Options

I'm not a programmer but as I understand it there just isn't any way to pull that data effectively

"Scraping" is generally both computationally expensive and prone to failure if the source site makes any changes to the way it operates.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like it's time to start dropping hints that it'd be a great b-day gift.

This plan worked. Yay, core set!

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Yeah, looks like it's time to start dropping hints that it'd be a great b-day gift.

This plan worked. Yay, core set!

congrats.
    see how long you last.
    I lasted 5 days before having to purchase a datapack. and then the next. and the next ... and so on

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I lasted an entire month. Unfortunately, I've had to slow down. I have a deck built using two new datapacks that I haven't even played with yet. But they're so much fun to open!

I only need to teach one more person at my regular gaming group, and then we'll have enough people for a Big Sellout game.

• Options
    how good is targeted marketing?

cache against noise, personal workshop against nasir, desperado or siphon against gabe or andy?

or just deus X when playing jinteki, plascrete when playing weyland, maybe corroder if you have a lot of barriers?

sig.gif
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I had someone with a lot of barriers out name corroder against my Kate deck.

I don't run corroder in that deck. I had to stifle some evil laughs at that.

• Options
    I've named datasucker with fixed strength breakers on the table

only to have it turn out they don't have any

I think targeted marketing is easy if you're playing against a criminal

with the others there's enough build diversity that it can be real tough

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Anzekay wrote: »

snowball?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I've been having a surprisingly fantastic time running this Chaos Theory deck (tentatively nicknamed Oracle Chaos). It hits a lot of my buttons - big rig, card draw combos, a reasonable use for Power Nap and Eureka. I might change a few things to run Dirty Laundry, but the deck is rarely ever short on money, and the expose of Infiltrate is worthwhile. It's surprisingly fast to set-up, too.
    Oracle Chaos (40 cards)

Chaos Theory: Wunderkind

Event (35)
    3 Diesel
    2 Eureka!
    1 Hostage ••
    2 Indexing
    2 Infiltration
    2 Legwork ••••
    2 Levy AR Lab Access
    3 Lucky Find ••••• •
    3 Power Nap
    2 Quality Time
    2 Scavenge
    3 Sure Gamble
    3 Test Run
    3 The Maker's Eye
    2 Tinkering

Resource (2)
    2 Oracle May ••

Icebreaker (3)
    1 Battering Ram
    1 Femme Fatale
    1 Torch

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

snowball?

I'm guessing Battering Ram.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, Snowball. I run it in my Prepaid Kate deck with Dinosaurus.

• Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    What are everyone's thoughts on RnD and HQ Interfaces? I've been thinking of putting them in a Ian deck with the Supplier to get them and other resources out at a discount.

• Options
    I usually run Keyhole in Iain as my R&D control along with a couple of HQ interfaces. I don't often spend the influence on an out of faction one, tbh.

• Options
    I've been having a surprisingly fantastic time running this Chaos Theory deck (tentatively nicknamed Oracle Chaos). It hits a lot of my buttons - big rig, card draw combos, a reasonable use for Power Nap and Eureka. I might change a few things to run Dirty Laundry, but the deck is rarely ever short on money, and the expose of Infiltrate is worthwhile. It's surprisingly fast to set-up, too.
    Oracle Chaos (40 cards)

Chaos Theory: Wunderkind

Event (35)
    3 Diesel
    2 Eureka!
    1 Hostage ••
    2 Indexing
    2 Infiltration
    2 Legwork ••••
    2 Levy AR Lab Access
    3 Lucky Find ••••• •
    3 Power Nap
    2 Quality Time
    2 Scavenge
    3 Sure Gamble
    3 Test Run
    3 The Maker's Eye
    2 Tinkering

Resource (2)
    2 Oracle May ••

Icebreaker (3)
    1 Battering Ram
    1 Femme Fatale
    1 Torch

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

Oracle decks are pretty cool. Personally I'd be more likely to kill quality time or tinkering than infiltration. Also, where are Escher and Exploratory Romp? :stuck_out_tongue:

sig.gif
  • Options
    So, I have now played two games, one against each of my children. They chose Runner both times (and both played Kate), leaving me to play Corp.

Game One: Win. Default HB has ALL the income, between back to back Adonis Campaigns and a Pad Campaign. Was easily able to ICE up and just advance agendas to the win; of note, though, my son was reluctant to run on me for some reason.

Game Two: Win. Default Weyland is either super-slow, or I was just failing to pull anything useful. My daughter got a Battering Ram out right away, and all I was pulling was Barrier ICE and no agendas. Eventually, I managed to advance Private Security Force, and then she picked up a tag off one of my ICEs and didn't drop it. I immediately dropped Scorched and two clicks of PSF to end the game. Normally, I would not be so brutal on my kids, but it's past her bed time so the game needed to end. ;-)