As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tales of] Your Mom - Best Dog Is Back

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Dispel is a godsend in this game.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Dispel and Revive are the only Non-Ludger skills I keep on shortcuts.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Confusion is the dumbest fucking thing in the world. And all the late-game bosses have it in some form. Wouldn't have even had as big of a problem against the final boss if not for fucking Confusion.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    There's that one giant wanted monster that's like a bee or something...super easy, I'm combining the shit out of it...oh ps it has a confuse beam lol now you're dead.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    There's that one giant wanted monster that's like a bee or something...super easy, I'm combining the shit out of it...oh ps it has a confuse beam lol now you're dead.

Yup. Had to wait a few levels before I could counter that crap. And basically just mashed dispel to null ailments before they even happen. I love how fast Elize's casting speed gets after all her skills and a mystic emblem is equipped. 4-5 seconds for Resurrection... so good.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man...I paid 7 million rather quickly.

Still 13 more to go but I'm getting there and I haven't even really started grinding for it yet.

• Options
    Apparently it's easier to pay off by grinding an elite monster in the EX dungeon, but all the debt clearing does is get you a bonus gag ending. There's apparently like, what, 3 gag endings?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently it's easier to pay off by grinding an elite monster in the EX dungeon, but all the debt clearing does is get you a bonus gag ending. There's apparently like, what, 3 gag endings?
    Two.
    The debt ending and the cameo ending are the ones I know of, at least

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Gaius side quest spoilers
    Hah, a fight against Drunk Man, Young Businessman, Uptight Girl, Self-Righteous Man and Crabby Old Lady.

EDIT: Chapter 8-ish, 9-ish spoilers (I have no idea what chapter I'm on)
    Haha, Alvin calling Elize the B-team.

Arteen on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Arteen wrote: »
    Gaius side quest spoilers
    Hah, a fight against Drunk Man, Young Businessman, Uptight Girl, Self-Righteous Man and Crabby Old Lady.

EDIT: Chapter 8-ish, 9-ish spoilers (I have no idea what chapter I'm on)
    Haha, Alvin calling Elize the B-team.

Chapter 10. ;)
    B BETTER STAND FOR BEST.

Also, I am officially cheating. My PS3 will continue to think it is Sunday until I am finished with the game. 3x Kitty Items all day erry day.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Ugh. This is the worst. THE WORST. So my choices are to grind heavily in poker for friendship potions so I can get just enough characters to 8 hearts so they can be brought into the EX dungeon (so far only Muzet has reached 8), OR, I grind battles repeatedly which would probably be easier but taking longer.

One's annoying and boring, the other's annoying and tedious. Why can't I just go into the EX Dungeon with everyone available right at the start? This freaking game, I swear.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Ugh. This is the worst. THE WORST. So my choices are to grind heavily in poker for friendship potions so I can get just enough characters to 8 hearts so they can be brought into the EX dungeon (so far only Muzet has reached 8), OR, I grind battles repeatedly which would probably be easier but taking longer.

One's annoying and boring, the other's annoying and tedious. Why can't I just go into the EX Dungeon with everyone available right at the start? This freaking game, I swear.

Yeah, I admit this is one aspect of the game I'm really not liking. Sure the game's more sectioned and more personal, and you get to see all the characters again. But the game tries so hard to make the dungeons more interesting without changing the layout any, they just ended up adding arbitrary long-term grinding. That plus dispatching kitties for random loot I need for certain quests is beginning to infuriate me.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

I'm just gonna say it. If you're a high enough level to do the EX Dungeon, then you can pay off enough of the debt to have a bunch of potions.

camo_sig2.png

• Options

I'm just gonna say it. If you're a high enough level to do the EX Dungeon, then you can pay off enough of the debt to have a bunch of potions.

Level 76 is high enough? I mean Gald isn't a big problem other than the monotony of grinding or the super hard EX Elite Monsters.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You can also grind gold dice out of the Coliseum and use them for poker.

Say I used 6 of them(they give you a flush every time) and save-scummed if I didn't get at least one complete chain. Had about a million chips when I was done and that nets you like 45 Friendship potions.

All you have to do is take Ludger and Leia equip them with there drop rate increase weapons(and Leia with all the appropriate skills) and you're pretty much guaranteed at least two Gold Dice every Tag(advanced) run through.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Level 76 is high enough? I mean Gald isn't a big problem other than the monotony of grinding or the super hard EX Elite Monsters.

Nowhere near enough. You'll want to be at least 95-100. Start with the EX monsters that give the least amount of gald/points. They'll be manageable. Add in the 80% exp food and you'll shoot up in levels.

Edit: @Gaming-Freak‌ how much Grade do you have? It may be smarter to just go ahead and start a NG+ if you have enough to carry over Affinity and get 10x Experience. Getting at least four blue sephira and carrying over accessories and getting double gald helps a bunch, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited September 2014

Nowhere near enough. You'll want to be at least 95-100. Start with the EX monsters that give the least amount of gald/points. They'll be manageable. Add in the 80% exp food and you'll shoot up in levels.

Edit: @Gaming-Freak‌ how much Grade do you have? It may be smarter to just go ahead and start a NG+ if you have enough to carry over Affinity and get 10x Experience. Getting at least four blue sephira and carrying over accessories and getting double gald helps a bunch, too.

Funny story, I thought of doing this and started trying it out before you suggested it, since you mentioned that Leronde had the 80% EXP food earlier. Now I'm at level 80 after only killing 2 Elite Monsters, and 440k richer. Still, I doubt all the friendship potions I can get with all the Gald'll be enough, but we'll see.

Poor Leia though, I rarely ever use her, even less often do I link up with her, so she's at 5 hearts, barely.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, I can tell that someone doesn't understand how amazing hammers are. ;)

Also, like I said before, you technically only need two people at rank 8.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, I can tell that someone doesn't understand how amazing hammers are. ;)

Also, like I said before, you technically only need two people at rank 8.

Hey, when I use hammers, me and Elize GO TO TOWN. In fact one of my best parties is Gaius (sword link artes), Muzet (gun link artes), and Elize (hammer link artes). And I can switch out Gaius and Muzet for Jude and Alvin, or whoever. Also Gaius's skills are insane now, holy crap. An ability that gives him an unbreakable guard, and a skill that lets him retain 1HP and not die as long as he guards? OPPPPP.

There's also his skills that boost Retribution, which if you take control of him even for a little bit, you can appreciate how awesome it is. Sadly it's one of those character skills that rarely come out unless you're the one controlling the character, like Leia, Jude, and Rowen's personal abilities.

EDIT: I also got a kick out of the "Final-Boss Buds" title you unlock by having Gaius and Muzet link together enough.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god...the last boss hits like a truck.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh my god...the last boss hits like a truck.

yyyyup.

EDIT: And I'm back to grinding so I can kill the next higher up Elite Monster that's level 100 when the rest of the team is level 80. This freaking game...

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Gaming-Freak‌
    have you done the Elite Tag arena? That opens up the shops you (probably) found throughout the dungeons with people who wouldn't sell to you at first. They have the best purchasable things available, as well as the best recipes. Additionally, the second floor of the store in Fennmont is open now, which has the second best of each.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    So I beat the game and overall I will say it was pretty fun. Some comments
    I chose to destroy the dimensions and save Elle. Felt the sacrifice at the end was fitting what with everything you had to do to get there.

Once I figured out the ends and outs of the power hits system I have to say it was a blast to use. Though some bosses still had a tendency of falling out mid-combo and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Jude and Milla had some pretty cute moments throughout the game, pretty entertaining to watch as someone who was a fan of both characters from the previous game.

I do agree though that it felt like all the other characters more or less vanished from the plot after their intros though. Leia and Elize especially seemed to completely disappear from the main plot.

Also, I felt even the character stories need you to have ToX knowledge to get the full enjoyment out of them.

That said I did find what story there was to be pretty entertaining.

All and all, I'd say ToX2 was a very fun game but it very much felt like an expansion to ToX and a stopgap as we wait for Zestria to come out.

I still had more than my money's worth out of it though.

• Options
    @Gaming-Freak‌
    have you done the Elite Tag arena? That opens up the shops you (probably) found throughout the dungeons with people who wouldn't sell to you at first. They have the best purchasable things available, as well as the best recipes. Additionally, the second floor of the store in Fennmont is open now, which has the second best of each.
    I got the second fennmont shop open and got all the gear from there, and I got stuff available like the Blue Sephira and ultimate Allium Orb Extractor recipes. Didn't complete Elite Tag Arena yet though, as I don't even have it unlocked yet, and I don't know why; even though I beat Elite Team Arena (barely).

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    @Gaming-Freak‌
    I got the second fennmont shop open and got all the gear from there, and I got stuff available like the Blue Sephira and ultimate Allium Orb Extractor recipes. Didn't complete Elite Tag Arena yet though, as I don't even have it unlocked yet, and I don't know why; even though I beat Elite Team Arena (barely).
    You need to beat Advanced Tag a few times (with a different character each time. So you can do Ludger/Elize then Ludger/Leia then Ludger/Jude but not just Ludger/Jude x 3.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Chapter 12
    Here's a neat touch I didn't notice the first time through. Victor uses the same weapons that Ludger uses. Not just the styles, but his actual weapons are the same ones.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So has anyone found a really good place to farm gold prior to New Game +?

I remember encountering an enemy somewhere in the wintery zones whos name was something like 'gald horder'. He went down fast but i did a double take because he dropped 22k gold (which was doubled i guess because of the speed that he died). He was the only one ive ever seen like that.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    The best way to get gald is generally to kill the Elite Monsters and do jobs.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    already killed all the elites in the list. jobs keep running dry on me, and im still only about 3 million paid on the debt. and ive been farming a LOT more then i need to.

• Options
    How far in the game are you?

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I'm right before going to cannan. the bridge is open, i just stopped to finish everything else i could find. im at 15 million left on the dept and only the bronze barkura and one other 'red' job to complete left on the board.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    I'm right before going to cannan. the bridge is open, i just stopped to finish everything else i could find. im at 15 million left on the dept and only the bronze barkura and one other 'red' job to complete left on the board.

I wouldn't worry about the debt until the post-game. You'll pull in millions in no time there.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Okay then explain. Are you talking New-Game+ ? as in i have to restart the whole game and use grade to carry over stuff or is there a still a point after this i can stop and suddenly have a bunch of new stuff become available to me?

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I believe that there's still more stuff which unlocks once you beat the final boss. And I think you can go and get the "pay off all debt" ending any time, right?

• Options
    I dunno, i kinda got the impression from spoilers that thats not really likely unless it puts your save prior to beating the guy and opens stuff then, So i figured it was all newgame+

I like the game but i dont think im going to be able to get into a second playthrough right now so im trying to complete as much as i can without the newgame+

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    The guide has stuff on a few maps that explicitly state they don't open up/spawn until after finishing the game, so I assume finishing just gives you a clear save that you can load and work from any time.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    @azith28 After beating the final boss you save your clear data. Loading that does in fact put you at the save point right before the last boss. A bunch of stuff opens up in the post-game including
    Far more difficult versions of all the Elite monsters, each one worth about 300,000 gald+ with the more difficult ones being worth 700,000+

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Hopped into the OP, moved Xillia 2 to the released section, and most importantly added Ludger to The Lineup.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    I seriously want to find whoever designs the dungeons for these games and just smack them in the face.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I would say the final dungeon manages to be obtuse and kind of lazy at the same time.